• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I would say we had some pretty good stages considering one of the guys from Tenn. said that is the reason they come up to Indiana is the stages. (Indiana has the best stages around. Go ahead Jake toot the horn. Loud and Proud

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I would say we had some pretty good stages considering one of the guys from Tenn. said that is the reason they come up to Indiana is the stages. (Indiana has the best stages around. Go ahead Jake toot the horn. Loud and Proud

I agree.

stage 5 or stage 7 is going to be inthe Florida Section Match because they were looking for a good 32 rounder.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Go ahead Jake toot the horn.

agreed!

stage 5 or stage 7 is going to be inthe Florida Section Match

Stage 5 was a good example of how simple variations on the "usual" makes for a great stage. Making that mover, what was it?, 9 feet tall? was quite unique. those long target sticks meant that bastard was fast, and carried the momentum to bury itself behind those barrels on its first swing. That seemed to throw a lot of people. I went counter clockwise on that stage based largely on that swinger.

And soft cover is always a hoot...

-rvb

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I'm so short that I had to blast right through the soft cover. It was either that, take "head" (uh, I mean upper scoring zone....) shots or run up to the wall, which I wasn't going to do.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    agreed!

Stage 5 was a good example of how simple variations on the "usual" makes for a great stage. Making that mover, what was it?, 9 feet tall? was quite unique. those long target sticks meant that bastard was fast, and carried the momentum to bury itself behind those barrels on its first swing. That seemed to throw a lot of people. I went counter clockwise on that stage based largely on that swinger.

And soft cover is always a hoot...

-rvb

That was my 5% stage. Completely forgot about the 2nd set of soft cover. 2 FTE's and 4 mikes later....OOPS...:dunno:It was stage my 1st stage.

Stage 7 was my other bad stage. I ran it well the 1st time through but a range failure forced a re-shoot. Things didn't go so well the 2nd time through. So far i'm about 0 for 10 on :rolleyes: re-shoots

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Thanks to EVERYONE involved in making it run and bearing that monster heat. I kept thinking "they set this up TWICE?!" as I got to each stage. That's dedication! (with a pinch of stupid mixed in!) haha! :)

-rvb[/quote]

Some of the staff worked all week prior to the match in that heat. I myself can not complain since I only did it for 3 days. Jake, Coach, Daniel, Derrick and Jeff were out there everyday for 8 or more hours Monday Through Thursday :nuts:. I hope I didn't miss anyone. They need a plaque just for that! Great job fellas:yesway::yesway:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    The stages were tough ,with a lot of options . I had way too many Mikes to feel good about my performance.
    With lack of practice and the heat on Friday I don't feel that bad about either.
    I vow to do better next year.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My game plan going in was to move slower than normal, but shoot well to compensate. I know I struggle physically in any match past 5 stages and don't know how I managed to get through our last three stages (4,5,6). I took almost 10-20 secs longer on those stages, but managed to finish.

Overall, I am happy with my shooting and vow to be in MUCH better shape for this match next year. I had a couple of goals, but ammo problems (that I shouldn't have had :mad:) kept me from finishing higher.

I had a blast talking to the club guys that came to the match. I love to see a team of us get together and start hitting some of the bigger matches together, ones we can shoot together as a team instead of shooting/working.

I'd like at least one cool Techwear shirt ;)

Top Bottom