• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    No I'm not I really like that one.
    I guess you are not a color case harding fan.

If you like color case harding show what you like.
    I like uniform color/finishes on firearms. I have never seen such a discombobulated, gawd-awful mess as the finish on that 1911. That **** looks like my daughter’s room when she was a teenager.

:):

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

Turnbull and Nighthawk Custom work, this thread needed some eyebleach, the beauty of the 1911 is how mechanically perfect the mechanism comes together. A full house frame and slide case hardening just detracts from the engineering IMHO.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm thinking that was a bad picture of the color case hardening. Someone might have plated with the contrast or the lighting was off. I am a fan of the process and have swwn beautiful cch 1911s. I rather like that one but think that it would be a bit nicer looking in person

That said, these are more my style
    8ce51b40b7408fe8f1d8b28d7dae7893.jpg
    89d8b4687c57972aabeab7b1c63206ed.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Cabot is supposed to have a 1911 made out of meteorite. I can't find it on their website.

Last thing I read was a couple million for the pair , personally I want their safari special myself as a "just because gun"

z99frk1.jpg

Yes that's a Damascus compensator , I have seen one at the IGC in person and it was stunning but far out of my current price range

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I picked up a Tisas 1911A1 US Army at Rural King for $296.99 during their Black Friday sale. I was there to buy a Rossi R22 because they had them for $73.99 after rebate, and I saw the Tisas sitting in the case at that ridiculously low price. I'm not even a big 1911 fan, and didn't need it, but I wasn't going to leave it in the case for less than $300.

I know this is probably heresy, but I've handled a lot of 1911s in an effort to like them, but I just never found them to be all that ergonomic. Not "Glock" bad, but nothing to write home about either. When I handled the Tisas at Rural King, it felt good in the hand. I've put a couple of boxes of ammo through it, and really like the way it shoots, although those vintage style sights leave a lot to be desired.

I did a bit of research and found out why. Every 1911 I've handled in various gun shops has a flat mainspring housing. I guess that's the standard now. The Tisas has an arched mainspring housing. Way more comfortable to me than a flat mainspring housing. Watched some YouTube videos, it doesn't seem to be all that difficult to swap out mainspring housings. So if I see a Commander style Tisas in a gunshop case for a ridiculously low price one of these days...

:)

Not my pic, but a cool pic.

View attachment 245467
    I’ve never got the flat mainspring housing, I prefer the arched…. JMB…..ah….JMHO

Top Bottom