• ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The end result from stock parts was a very acceptable and slick trigger. I have a C&S kit for it but that might wait.

After a little range time, the gun will head back to Allen for some machine time for a little look good-go fast work.

c94847e9c274609ecf4341eebd646e50.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The end result from stock parts was a very acceptable and slick trigger. I have a C&S kit for it but that might wait.

After a little range time, the gun will head back to Allen for some machine time for a little look good-go fast work.

c94847e9c274609ecf4341eebd646e50.jpg

I really should have snagged those grips when you kept leaving them on my table.....:lmfao:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    SoloMcfly's antique old school parts gun did not fare well with the upgrades.
    I took it home and found a few issues that we run into when your gun is not a newer tightly spec. piece.
    The trigger bar was deformed from him getting as bit anxious when things went south.
    I used my trigger bar anvil and set it right...
    sZiukOg.png

The safety in this pic is a replacement from my parts stores. It is fit up and functions as it should. Many times when we put new hammers in the frame the safety is not happy. This one was straight up Pi$$ed.
    The new hammer interfered with the grip safety just enough to cause issues that combined with the deformed trigger bow and the thumb safety caused other issues. I clearanced the safety tail and wee are good to go now.
    GvG9GpU.jpg

This is the end result and a perfect carry trigger for this old war horse.....:)
    l1yzh1c.png

I really enjoyed the fellowship and sharing of knowledge. Great day peoples.

We might do another one in January.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Since I didn't spend any money, yet, my wife may let me come play in January. Barrel fitting would be a great topic. You can get away with sloppy frame to slide fit, but if the barrel isn't right, top and bottom, things get broken.
    I'd like to see the current hotness regarding bushing fitment.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    As far as barrel fitting goes, if it is a gunsmith fit barrel there is specific tooling in addition to having a mill to do it properly.
    Which the thought behind the class was more geared toward the average tools most people could afford.

I am not sure how this would fit into what we did Saturday.
    You can fit bushings by hand but even that goes much smoother on a lathe

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As far as barrel fitting goes, if it is a gunsmith fit barrel there is specific tooling in addition to having a mill to do it properly.
    Which the thought behind the class was more geared toward the average tools most people could afford.

I am not sure how this would fit into what we did Saturday.
    You can fit bushings by hand but even that goes much smoother on a lathe

I would say we can discuss it and the benifits of doing it.

Solo........nope. Not doing anything else to "That" gun. Just not the right candidate for modern upgrades. As you saw what happened Saturday. Sometimes you just need to enjoy them as they are if they are fun to shoot. Just shoot them.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I've got my grip screw bushings coming from WC.
    drillsgt offered to help me stake them.
    If there's another one in January then I'll have to get myself a project gun for Christmas. I like that idea!
    We should have a 1911 range day, try each other's guns, I'll bring extra ammo :cool:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I've got my grip screw bushings coming from WC.
    drillsgt offered to help me stake them.
    If there's another one in January then I'll have to get myself a project gun for Christmas. I like that idea!
    We should have a 1911 range day, try each other's guns, I'll bring extra ammo :cool:

perhaps after the election ammo will return to a reasonable price and we can do this

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Alas, if only my 1911 wasn't a blasphemous 9 MM, I'd think about the next one.

But, then again, Allen has already worked some magic on it, so I'm not sure what I would do other than the fellowship.

Top Bottom