00k0k_7jY4hPVVa09_0y40kZ_1200x900.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I finally finished getting my 9mm Colt back together tonight. I didn’t start fitting the new parts until late in the day and as things were wrapping up, I was just finishing fitting the safety to the new sear. I still had to fit the trigger and clearance the grip safety for the new hammer. Those got done tonight and it’s sitting at a nice comfortable 4# for that gun.

It might be time to fit a beaver tail grip safety and extended thumb safety but I think I’ll just shoot it for a while and see.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I finally finished getting my 9mm Colt back together tonight. I didn’t start fitting the new parts until late in the day and as things were wrapping up, I was just finishing fitting the safety to the new sear. I still had to fit the trigger and clearance the grip safety for the new hammer. Those got done tonight and it’s sitting at a nice comfortable 4# for that gun.

It might be time to fit a beaver tail grip safety and extended thumb safety but I think I’ll just shoot it for a while and see.

Do it. Come on man do it........:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, I need to have AllenM do mine. So much to do on this project.

1 step at a time. Do something. Run it. Think on it. Save your nickels and do the next thing.

his is one of those one step at a time `1911's. New in the box RO to start. Allen was in the game and learning so we did a few things. I did a few things. It was shot a lot. Then we did more to it and every time it got lighter and faster and better. I actually sold it to a buddy but he sold it back when family came 1st. Then we really went silly on it and this is the current iteration. It is like shooting a 9mm.

After seeing my buddy's ultras lite at the workshop I think it will be back at Allen's for some more carving.

So be careful and know when to stop...............or not......:):
    o6jyZt1.jpg

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I got to test fire mine after work today, trigger is great. Thanks you CM and Allen

If you do another one in January, I'll do my RO, maybe I'll clean it before going.

bkflyer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    If you have another one of these I would love to come. You really don't know what you don't know. Rubbing elbows with all these guys was amazing!
    As it turns out, 2 of my guns didn't pass the "hammer following the slide" test:xmad:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If you have another one of these I would love to come. You really don't know what you don't know. Rubbing elbows with all these guys was amazing!
    As it turns out, 2 of my guns didn't pass the "hammer following the slide" test:xmad:

Some simple adjustments should take care of that quickly.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Why is their such a divide on the internet regarding full length guide rods?
    do they do anything other than help by weighing down the muzzle a bit?

I dont think id use one knowing in a pinch i can use a spent .45 casing as a plug for my gi set up.
    but in my head the full length guide rod makes way more sense

Top Bottom