• AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am hosting a 1911/2011 class, December 9th at Diamond Collision in Avon
    This is not intended as a gunsmith class, although various gunsmith topics will be discussed.
    It is more of an opportunity to get comfortable with detail stripping and familiarization of the differences between calibers, parts and models. there will be a variety of different model in various stages of disassembly.
    If you have a 1911 or 2011 (Staccato's are included) and would like to be more confident in what makes them tick, cleaning and maintenance this will be a great time.

I will be covering fitment of some of the most commonly replaced parts, such as thumb safeties, extractors, springs, barrel lockup, tuning for reliability accurizing and touch some on trigger adjustments but not doing trigger jobs during this class.
    This is ideal if you want to bring a 1911 or 2011 and disassemble inspect and reassemble your personal gun and possibly gain some overall knowledge.

There is not a fee but I only have room for 5 more people. Start time is 9:00am and probably finish up around 3:00pm

First 5 to PM me will get added to the list. please be sure you can and will attend if you are interested.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    OK, this confirms that the universe is trying to beat me down. PRI same weekend. Company christmas party the 8th. Surgery #2 the 8th so I miss literally all of it.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    The class is just a few days away. Start time will be 9:00 am and I estimate it will go until about 3.

I have a lot of material I plan on touching on and don’t plan on stopping to take a long lunch. I suggest bringing a snack and if so inclined, anybody that wants to volunteer to bring anything such as bagels, donuts, or some other form of food for the group would be welcome.

Please let me know if you plan on doing that.

In the past I have spent out of my own pocket quite a bit to put these on. There is no fee for the class, so any help in this area would be appreciated.

Please don’t feel obligated, I am not looking to do a pitch in with a bunch of food just things we can snack on and keep working.

Thank you.

Most of you know but for anyone who isn’t aware, we will be meeting at

Diamond Collision Inc.
    292 S. County Road 800 E
    Avon 46123

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Thanks for making this rare offer, I'm looking forward to it.

I live near the Bagel Fair in Nora, so I can bring some fresh Kosher bagels and cream cheese.

Anyone attending and following this thread - if you have a favorite flavor of bagel, post it here by Friday Dec 8 12pm.

Our Bagels:
    • Plain
    • Sesame
    • Poppy
    • Bialy Bagel
    • Cinnamon Raisin
    • Onion
    • Combination
    • Garlic
    • Salt
    • Pumpernickel
    • Jalapeño
    • Apple Cinnamon
    • Blueberry
    • Multigrain
    • Bialy

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    if anybody has a vice that clamps on to the edge of a table, please bring those. mine is bolted down.
    TY

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Thanks for hosting Allen. You are a true gentleman and scholar. It was a great experience and I hope to be invited again.

My favorite part was the 20x powered hammer/sear inspection tool. Such a neat device.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Thanks for hosting Allen. You are a true gentleman and scholar. It was a great experience and I hope to be invited again.

My favorite part was the 20x powered hammer/sear inspection tool. Such a neat device.
    Seeing the hammer/sear through that was very cool.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I ordered a jeweller's 10x/20x loupe from Amazon for like $10 instead. If nothing else, I can look for some lost gun springs in my carpet, lol.

Top Bottom