• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    So when you guys say "app", are you watching on a phone or tablet or something? When I tried it, it was basically just like another channel on my tv (Xfinity cable), so I didn't have any lag or buffering or any of that.
    I think there are maybe several versions of Xfinity? Anyway, on my television, I hit the Xfinity button on the remote and it takes me to a screen that has a row of options at the bottom. I can choose Guide, Saved, On Demand, Search, Apps, or there`s a button that looks like the "system" button on my phone. If I scroll over to the Apps button and push it, it goes to another screen where it has a row of Apps to choose from. There`s Peacock, Disney plus, Netflix, etc. One of my options is the Paramount Plus App. When I push that button, it says it`s taking me to a 3rd party app, and after a minute or so, I`m at the Paramount Plus home page. This is all new to me. I have the remote you can talk into, I`m guessing if I said Paramount Plus into it, it may take me directly to that App. But yes, I`ve been getting a lot of buffering and interrupted video and audio. Oh and, my television isn`t a smart tv. I`m not interested in something I would need to hook up to the internet to take full advantage of, because I`m not going to attach it to the internet. I don`t trust that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think there are maybe several versions of Xfinity? Anyway, on my television, I hit the Xfinity button on the remote and it takes me to a screen that has a row of options at the bottom. I can choose Guide, Saved, On Demand, Search, Apps, or there`s a button that looks like the "system" button on my phone. If I scroll over to the Apps button and push it, it goes to another screen where it has a row of Apps to choose from. There`s Peacock, Disney plus, Netflix, etc. One of my options is the Paramount Plus App. When I push that button, it says it`s taking me to a 3rd party app, and after a minute or so, I`m at the Paramount Plus home page. This is all new to me. I have the remote you can talk into, I`m guessing if I said Paramount Plus into it, it may take me directly to that App. But yes, I`ve been getting a lot of buffering and interrupted video and audio.
    That sounds like the same setup I have then. But like I said, when I tried it out before, I didn't get any of the buffering.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    That sounds like the same setup I have then. But like I said, when I tried it out before, I didn't get any of the buffering.
    I`ve watched Yellowstone on the Peacock App the same way and had zero issues. Like someone else said, maybe it`s just the Paramount Plus App?

As an aside, I just finished binge watching 1883, I think there were either 4 or 5 episodes available. I need to find out the day each new episode comes out. Pretty good series so far.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I`ve watched Yellowstone on the Peacock App the same way and had zero issues. Like someone else said, maybe it`s just the Paramount Plus App?

As an aside, I just finished binge watching 1883, I think there were either 4 or 5 episodes available. I need to find out the day each new episode comes out. Pretty good series so far.
    That's what I was wondering. It comes on too late for me to watch it live, but if it's available the next day or whenever, then that would be perfect. That's what we did with Yellowstone, but I could DVR it with regular Paramount. Not sure if that's an option with Paramount + on the Essential plan.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    That's what I was wondering. It comes on too late for me to watch it live, but if it's available the next day or whenever, then that would be perfect. That's what we did with Yellowstone, but I could DVR it with regular Paramount. Not sure if that's an option with Paramount + on the Essential plan.
    I never even considered whether it could be DVR`d. I`m pretty sure if you just to the Paramount Plus App, you can scroll down through the episodes and choose what one you want to watch. That`s what I did today.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Count me a fan.

We watch Yellowstone, and I like a good western anyway, so I bit the bullet and signed up for Paramount+. Did the first few today. They just crossed the Brazos. That had to be one of the best scenes I've seen in a western in a long time. Young Elsa playing Beethoven, as the drama unfolds at the crossing...

Speaking of... That young lady who plays Elsa is drop dead gorgeous. She may only be 21 now, (so I should probably feel like a dirty old man) but I can only imagine her at 30 or 40 with the look of a woman about her. Easy to see why she is the choice for this show's "Beth".
    Heck,if I am going to pay for it I’ll probably buy it on Amazon…

Can you stream all episodes on Paramount+?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It is interesting to research and see just how short the whole “Wild West”, “cowboy era” was. I am not specifying a time frame because I don’t want to argue about that…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I never even considered whether it could be DVR`d. I`m pretty sure if you just to the Paramount Plus App, you can scroll down through the episodes and choose what one you want to watch. That`s what I did today.
    I think that's what I'll do then. I was going to sign up for a year (a little cheaper), but I think I'll just do a month for now. If I have problems with the buffering and it gets too frustrating, then I'm not out much.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I think that's what I'll do then. I was going to sign up for a year (a little cheaper), but I think I'll just do a month for now. If I have problems with the buffering and it gets too frustrating, then I'm not out much.
    I`m on day one of a 7-day free-trial, but I think I`m already so hooked on 1883, I`m just going to do the full year, pay it all at once, and not have to think about it again. And 1883 is the only thing Paramount Plus has that I`m interested in. So far, it`s a really good, gripping series. Sam Elliot is his usual fantastic cowboy, and I`ve been pretty impressed with Tim McGraw as well. It was interesting seeing what amounted to cameo`s by Billy Bob Thornton and Tom Hanks.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I`m on day one of a 7-day free-trial, but I think I`m already so hooked on 1883, I`m just going to do the full year, pay it all at once, and not have to think about it again. And 1883 is the only thing Paramount Plus has that I`m interested in. So far, it`s a really good, gripping series. Sam Elliot is his usual fantastic cowboy, and I`ve been pretty impressed with Tim McGraw as well. It was interesting seeing what amounted to cameo`s by Billy Bob Thornton and Tom Hanks.
    Yeah, I watched the first episode on regular Paramount and I could tell it would be something I'd want to watch. I thought Mayor of Kingstown looked good, but I couldn't even make it through one episode. Every other word was an f-bomb and that got old real quick.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Yeah, I watched the first episode on regular Paramount and I could tell it would be something I'd want to watch. I thought Mayor of Kingstown looked good, but I couldn't even make it through one episode. Every other word was an f-bomb and that got old real quick.
    That`s what I`ve struggled with on Yellowstone; the language. Yellowstone is good enough and I`m hooked so deep, I have to see it through, but, I don`t want another series with that kind, and volume of that kind of language.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Okay I'm signed up. Will I have to sign in every time, or just the first time? Because that was a major pain in the butt. Not sure it's worth it to me if I have to do it every time.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I like the series. Looks as if I will like all of Sheridan's series.

Tim and Faith aren't seasoned actors, but they fill their roles pretty well.

Sam and LaMonica are real deal actors. Isabell makes the show what it is.

On again tomorrow eve, right?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Okay I'm signed up. Will I have to sign in every time, or just the first time? Because that was a major pain in the butt. Not sure it's worth it to me if I have to do it every time.
    Guess I only had to sign in the first time. Watching the second episode now. I'd seen it before, but figured I'd refresh my memory. No buffering issues.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I like the series. Looks as if I will like all of Sheridan's series.

Tim and Faith aren't seasoned actors, but they fill their roles pretty well.

Sam and LaMonica are real deal actors. Isabell makes the show what it is.

On again tomorrow eve, right?
    I`m trying to figure out when the new episode shows up each week...

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    You beat me to it. I just researched and they`re saying Sunday`s for the new episodes. I just love a great western, and this series so far, falls into that category.
    Yeah. Watched the first 2 "free episodes" I like it. Going to do the free trial after this week's episode. Believe that will let me watch the entire season for free. Catch up on the last 4 episodes I missed and watch the last 4 when they show them. Believe I seen it was a 10 episode season so I should in the end get this first season entirely free

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Yeah. Watched the first 2 "free episodes" I like it. Going to do the free trial after this week's episode. Believe that will let me watch the entire season for free. Catch up on the last 4 episodes I missed and watch the last 4 when they show them. Believe I seen it was a 10 episode season so I should in the end get this first season entirely free
    I get the basic Peacock subscription free as a benefit from Xfinity. I`m hoping the latest season of Yellowstone will be on Peacock soon, as the cable package we have doesn`t include Paramount Channel. Good grief, for what we pay, it`s crazy that doesn`t include every channel, minus premium channels.

Top Bottom