• ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Well

prepare yourself because this one will be pay to watch after the 1st 2 as I see it.

There is a free period available.

I figure that the $5 per month for a good show is less than a bunch of really terrible rentals at Redbox.

And the winter will be loooooong...even if it isn't snowing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is a free period available.

I figure that the $5 per month for a good show is less than a bunch of really terrible rentals at Redbox.

And the winter will be loooooong...even if it isn't snowing.
    Agreed.
    I see people moaning and groaning over $5 and I just shake my head.

Hey, it's your $5 after all but that is stupid cheap entertainment money in the end.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I might watch it streaming or even on DVR, but damn I cannot handle anything with commercials anymore. You might get 7-10 minutes of show before another 5 min of commercials. It really detracts from the storyline.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I might watch it streaming or even on DVR, but damn I cannot handle anything with commercials anymore. You might get 7-10 minutes of show before another 5 min of commercials. It really detracts from the storyline.
    Yup. And the commercials are mainly a compition to achieve the highest level of stupid or how mant times a guy can kiss his boyfriend. **** all of that.

I can not recal ever buying a product because of advertising.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My doc has me on "water pills" for blood pressure, so sometimes I appreciate the frequent commercial breaks. :lmfao:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yup. And the commercials are mainly a compition to achieve the highest level of stupid or how mant times a guy can kiss his boyfriend. **** all of that.

I can not recal ever buying a product because of advertising.
    We used to have kissing contests (to see who could kiss the longest) back in 5th grade, but it was neighborhood girls kissing neighborhood guys. Recently saw some of the neighborhood guys from back then at my mom's funeral, but we drew the line at hugging. :):

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Count me a fan.

We watch Yellowstone, and I like a good western anyway, so I bit the bullet and signed up for Paramount+. Did the first few today. They just crossed the Brazos. That had to be one of the best scenes I've seen in a western in a long time. Young Elsa playing Beethoven, as the drama unfolds at the crossing...

Speaking of... That young lady who plays Elsa is drop dead gorgeous. She may only be 21 now, (so I should probably feel like a dirty old man) but I can only imagine her at 30 or 40 with the look of a woman about her. Easy to see why she is the choice for this show's "Beth".

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I like it, she is a sultry fine looking gal, but not into the crying drama she brings to the wagon train. The whole piano scene was just cheesy for me. McGraw and Elliot are some cowboy playing fools. So far so good.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Can someone please explain about Paramount plus? It is not a cable channel like Paramount, right? Is it an app on my Xfinity account? If I subscribe for $4.99/mo., is 1883 available?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Can someone please explain about Paramount plus? It is not a cable channel like Paramount, right? Is it an app on my Xfinity account? If I subscribe for $4.99/mo., is 1883 available?
    That's correct. Not sure if they're still doing it or not, but they used to have an option to subscribe for the first month for free with the option to cancel at the end of that month. That's what I did (but I canceled). Been thinking about going ahead and subscribing again just to get 1883. It's only 4.99 after all but I'm a cheap bastard. :):

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    That's correct. Not sure if they're still doing it or not, but they used to have an option to subscribe for the first month for free with the option to cancel at the end of that month. That's what I did (but I canceled). Been thinking about going ahead and subscribing again just to get 1883. It's only 4.99 after all but I'm a cheap bastard. :):

Well, I`m stoked...mostly. I signed up for the free trial and am watching 1883. I LOVE good westerns. But this stupid app keeps buffering and stopping. Anyway, 1883 looks really great from what I`ve seen to now. Probably going to have to keep Paramount Plus just for this series. Like Church Mouse said, $500/month really cheap entertainment. Oh and the free trial is now apparently only a week.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Well, I`m stoked...mostly. I signed up for the free trial and am watching 1883. I LOVE good westerns. But this stupid app keeps buffering and stopping. Anyway, 1883 looks really great from what I`ve seen to now. Probably going to have to keep Paramount Plus just for this series. Like Church Mouse said, $500/month really cheap entertainment. Oh and the free trial is now apparently only a week.

I've found the Paramount+ App to be the slowest running of all the streaming services I currently have. I experience an extreme first world problem where it's slow to load and sometimes I have to close and reopen it to get it to work.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I've found the Paramount+ App to be the slowest running of all the streaming services I currently have. I experience an extreme first world problem where it's slow to load and sometimes I have to close and reopen it to get it to work.
    Well said: First world problem. Point taken...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So when you guys say "app", are you watching on a phone or tablet or something? When I tried it, it was basically just like another channel on my tv (Xfinity cable), so I didn't have any lag or buffering or any of that.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    So when you guys say "app", are you watching on a phone or tablet or something? When I tried it, it was basically just like another channel on my tv (Xfinity cable), so I didn't have any lag or buffering or any of that.

I don't have cable, so it's probably different. It's a downloadable app via my internet access. My smart TV can download it along with my computer, phone, and Ipad. I usually watch stuff on my computer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't have cable, so it's probably different. It's a downloadable app via my internet access. My smart TV can download it along with my computer, phone, and Ipad. I usually watch stuff on my computer.
    I don't even know how to fully take advantage of my smart tv. Smart TV + Dumb Owner = not good. :lmfao:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Okay, so another question... Is the Premium plan worth it? It says you can download shows to watch later, but can I watch shows "on demand" with the Essential plan? Say if I wanted to catch up on 1883 from the beginning?

Top Bottom