• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Proves? After the mauling she and her testimony took here, I'm kinda surprised anyone is using anything she said as "proof" of anything. Do we really think the word of an admitted liar alone is proof of anything?

Joe
    It may "prove" nothing. But I personally think that what she says now is likely more truthful than what she might have said with the coaching of the State's attorney while on the witness stand. Especially "facts" that aren't self serving or supportive of "the official" anti-GZ narrative that they are trying to put out there.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    It may "prove" nothing. But I personally think that what she says now is likely more truthful than what she might have said with the coaching of the State's attorney while on the witness stand. Especially "facts" that aren't self serving or supportive of "the official" anti-GZ narrative that they are trying to put out there.

Maybe she is being more truthy now that before, it is certainly possible/probable. Either way, I don't take a word she says to mean much of anything. She has gone through so many different stories by this point that I doubt she remembers which one really happened.

Best,

Joe

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Proves? After the mauling she and her testimony took here, I'm kinda surprised anyone is using anything she said as "proof" of anything. Do we really think the word of an admitted liar alone is proof of anything?

Joe

mea culpa. Take out "proves" replace it with "suggests" .. better? :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe she is being more truthy now that before, it is certainly possible/probable. Either way, I don't take a word she says to mean much of anything. She has gone through so many different stories by this point that I doubt she remembers which one really happened.

Best,

Joe

That's the thing. I didn't think the way she presented herself or talked discredited her. Maybe she has a hard time communicating with people outside of her culture, but she was on the phone with T just before he was shot, and therefor knows some facts important to the case.

After she admitted to changing her story to make the family feel better, THAT disqualified her as a credible witness. Anything she says now, especially especially favorable to T is suspect.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    That's the thing. I didn't think the way she presented herself or talked discredited her. Maybe she has a hard time communicating with people outside of her culture, but she was on the phone with T just before he was shot, and therefor knows some facts important to the case.

After she admitted to changing her story to make the family feel better, THAT disqualified her as a credible witness. Anything she says now, especially especially favorable to T is suspect.

I agree with you. Unlike many, I didn't really expect a teenage Haitian immigrant to come off as some sort of distinguished academic scholar and I don't fault her for that in any way. It is the continuously varying story that makes me discount much of what she says.

Best,

Joe

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I agree with you. Unlike many, I didn't really expect a teenage Haitian immigrant to come off as some sort of distinguished academic scholar and I don't fault her for that in any way. It is the continuously varying story that makes me discount much of what she says.

Best,

Joe

That and her sympathy for the parents, which was an admitted reason for lying originally...if shell lie to make the mother feel better once, i bet shed do it a thousand times

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    That and her sympathy for the parents, which was an admitted reason for lying originally...if shell lie to make the mother feel better once, i bet shed do it a thousand times

Apparently their feelings arent so important to her now, based on what she has been saying in interviews..

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Are you implying that Fargo got his facts wrong?

Perish the thought!

It occurred to me that she didn't actually seem to have an accent, so I Googled for Rachel Jeantel biography. Everything that actually mentioned "..born in..." said Miami. In testimony she said that she met Martin in the second grade, which lends credence to the reports I've read. Of course I haven't seen her Birth Certificate. Perhaps Sheriff Arpaio can launch an investigation. :)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Perish the thought!

It occurred to me that she didn't actually seem to have an accent, so I Googled for Rachel Jeantel biography. Everything that actually mentioned "..born in..." said Miami. In testimony she said that she met Martin in the second grade, which lends credence to the reports I've read. Of course I haven't seen her Birth Certificate. Perhaps Sheriff Arpaio can launch an investigation. :)

I see your point, but I am with Sheriff Joe on this one. Too many questions unanswered and I will give the Kenyan the benefit of the doubt as soon as I get the benefit of the doubt when the shoe is on the other foot with anything requiring .gov permission, like the fingerprinting and FBI background check I will have to have done for the third time when I get my drivers license renewed with the hazmat endorsement. You do understand that you just can't have dangerous people like me allowed in the position unsupervised to destroy the universe with a truckload of road tar!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I see your point, but I am with Sheriff Joe on this one. Too many questions unanswered and I will give the Kenyan the benefit of the doubt as soon as I get the benefit of the doubt when the shoe is on the other foot with anything requiring .gov permission, like the fingerprinting and FBI background check I will have to have done for the third time when I get my drivers license renewed with the hazmat endorsement. You do understand that you just can't have dangerous people like me allowed in the position unsupervised to destroy the universe with a truckload of road tar!

Well...chyeah. We gotta think of the children.

:D

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

We all know if you were not properly vetted and licensed regularly you would be spraying that stuff all over small children and playgrounds across the nation

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    noah.richey
    Top Bottom