• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I had the same problem before they moved there shop, 2 guys behind counter couldn't quit playing on there phones long enough to make a sale, haven't been back since!!!

That was my experience at their old location some 20 years ago and I vowed never to go back. I finally relented and went into the new shop and I am glad I did. The current sales people are all friendly and they have good prices. I have probably bought a half dozen guns from them in the last 6 months plus tons of ammo and reloading supplies. They have been 100

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm odd in that I don't mind reloading mags at the range. It gives me time to think about what I did right or wrong on that last string and think through the next string. If I take all of my ammo already loaded in mags, I don't think between strings if fire.

I broke in my CZ 1911A1 in just 12 minutes years ago because I took only loaded mags. 200+ rounds disappeared in one glorious cloud of burnt powder. I had a ball that morning but that trip was not for training, it was just a function check.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I see your point exactly! That retailer could have been a bit more transparent and willing to write your name down on a list.

My LGS told me I would get the first one he had but it could be a day or a year. I stumbled into one at Sportsman's Warehouse and my LGS really didn't mind.

I remember when the P365 first came out. The place I bought from was selling at MSRP but you had to be on waiting list. The deal was when they got a shipment in, they called you and you could either take it or not. If you didn't return their call same business day - you were out. Seemed fair to me. I think I was #40 on the list....
    And to add to this, from the time I first called them to check if they had one, they would always tell me to call back in about a week.

So I did for several weeks, and they would usually say no they didn't have one, but a few times they say they had one and sold it a few days before.

That's when I finally thought I'd stop wasting both of our times and ask them if they would order me one.

It was then that they said "no" they wouldn't, and then that I realized they weren't going to lift a finger to help me get one.
    I've never dealt with them since, and have no plans to.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I had the same problem before they moved there shop, 2 guys behind counter couldn't quit playing on there phones long enough to make a sale, haven't been back since!!!
    I didn't realize until after I'd gone to their new place that they used to be the ones that had the place in Brownsburg that was set back from the road.

I'd heard they had C&R firearms and went to check them out.
    I walked in and was greeted by a growling dog, and thought "WTH"?
    And never went back.

So I guess it's now "strike two" with them. :)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    And to add to this, from the time I first called them to check if they had one, they would always tell me to call back in about a week.

So I did for several weeks, and they would usually say no they didn't have one, but a few times they say they had one and sold it a few days before.

That's when I finally thought I'd stop wasting both of our times and ask them if they would order me one.

It was then that they said "no" they wouldn't, and then that I realized they weren't going to lift a finger to help me get one.
    I've never dealt with them since, and have no plans to.
    I've by had that same experience at Plainfield Shooting Supply. That said, they are still in my rotation, but not for that type of thing (ordering something). Premier is as well. They are both high volume shops and have good prices generally.

I believe I've had Premier offer to order me something in the past, but I didn't try and take them up on the offer (uncharacteristically if I recall correctly the price they offered to order something for was not in line with their normal pricing. Not sure if it was because they were going to a different distributor than normal or what).

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've by had that same experience at Plainfield Shooting Supply. That said, they are still in my rotation, but not for that type of thing (ordering something). Premier is as well. They are both high volume shops and have good prices generally.

I believe I've had Premier offer to order me something in the past, but I didn't try and take them up on the offer (uncharacteristically if I recall correctly the price they offered to order something for was not in line with their normal pricing. Not sure if it was because they were going to a different distributor than normal or what).
    I've never gotten around to checking out Plainfield Shooting Supply so don't have an opinion on them.
    In my case, I have a long time go-to gunshop that I went to for some decades up in Jasper County in NW Indiana in my hometown.

Through the years he's been good to me.
    Problem is I sold the home place up there after my parents passed, so hardly ever make it up there much anymore.

So I've been trying to find a gunshop in this area that'll do me right and want to work with me, but have yet to find one.

Duke80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2022
    Noblesville
    Ran well over 100 rounds through it today. Not a single hiccup of any kind. Sig 1250 fps factory ammo.

I might throw in a larger backstrap on just for experimentation.

I’d like to have more report but it’s so flawless it’s almost boring.

If you are on the fence about getting one —- get one!

5ebb426dbb23ad8d9315586faf5983f3.jpg
    I bought the 4.6" model a week ago. 1st time out I had 4 failures to feed in 120rds. All 4 times the round came up and hit the very top of the ramp and lodged the action open. Had to slap the bottom of the gun to fix the issue. I was using 3 different types of ammo and it happened to all 3. Blazer 180 brass, Blazer 200 Aluminum & Underwood 140 xtreme penetrator.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I bought the 4.6" model a week ago. 1st time out I had 4 failures to feed in 120rds. All 4 times the round came up and hit the very top of the ramp and lodged the action open. Had to slap the bottom of the gun to fix the issue. I was using 3 different types of ammo and it happened to all 3. Blazer 180 brass, Blazer 200 Aluminum & Underwood 140 xtreme penetrator.
    Sorry to hear this.
    Most of the feed problems I've read about were with the 4" and just a few with the 4.6".
    My 4.6" has been flawless, though I've only shot 180 grain ball out of it plinking.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sorry to hear this.
    Most of the feed problems I've read about were with the 4" and just a few with the 4.6".
    My 4.6" has been flawless, though I've only shot 180 grain ball out of it plinking.
    Still. I think I may wait a bit to get into one. Why can't I like anything in handguns besides 10mm? I think my last few handguns are all 10mm. WTF. I look at just about everything else out there and I'm like, eh, meh. 10mm anything, and it's :drool:

Well. Almost anything. No Glocks.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

My 4” has (so far) not had a single failure. Granted, less than 300 rounds but it’s been 100% reliable from the start.

I have only shot 1250 fps Sig 180 gr ball.

Might pull those mags apart and make sure the springs are in correctly? It appears near impossible to misassemble but…

77e7d2f584541bdc1f5d674902798c88.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was trying to decide on the MP or a Glock.Came across a Rock Island Ultra Tac HC instead.I liked the MP....I love this Ultra.
    I have a RIA Ultra FS. I love it even though Chruchmouse talked me out of loving it. :):

No, seriously what's not to like? Maybe it won't last like a high end 1911. But hey, it shoots well enough and it didn't cost me $4K, and I'll shoot it and maintain it, until it falls apart beyond repair.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m somewhere north of 200 rounds through mine now. The only issues I’ve had were the plastic plate allowing the red dot to move a bit, the occasional spent case ejecting into my face and one instance of the last round of the mag being ejected instead of chambered.

The BTF issue has happened only 3 times so far, but when it does, it gets your attention. For a gun that does not throw brass far, when it ejects a case straight back, it does so with some force to it. Hopefully, that will go away as the gun wears in.

The last round eject was odd in that it locked the slide back like normal except, it ejected a live round. I’m not sure how that would have happened as the round would not even have been stripped until the slide was coming forward.

The flexible optic plate was resolved by a C&H adapter.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have a RIA Ultra FS. I love it even though Chruchmouse talked me out of loving it. :):

No, seriously what's not to like? Maybe it won't last like a high end 1911. But hey, it shoots well enough and it didn't cost me $4K, and I'll shoot it and maintain it, until it falls apart beyond repair.
    I like my RIA Ultra FS 10mm also. I'm very pleased with it. I took it to my local gunsmith to check it out to make sure I have it set up right and it's not having any excessive wear. He said he was really impressed with the Rock Island offering for many years. He said they have really stepped up their quality and for the price you can't beat them.
    I may have him go over it just to see what he can do. My SIL took him a older RIA 3" 1911 45acp I can't remember what they called it, but it was a jam o matic. This was a much older RIA pistol. Anyway he too it to Henry and after he was done it ran like a sewing machine. The RIA is good but after experiencing what he did for that short barreled 1911 it's not that good.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I’m somewhere north of 200 rounds through mine now. The only issues I’ve had were the plastic plate allowing the red dot to move a bit, the occasional spent case ejecting into my face and one instance of the last round of the mag being ejected instead of chambered.

The BTF issue has happened only 3 times so far, but when it does, it gets your attention. For a gun that does not throw brass far, when it ejects a case straight back, it does so with some force to it. Hopefully, that will go away as the gun wears in.

The last round eject was odd in that it locked the slide back like normal except, it ejected a live round. I’m not sure how that would have happened as the round would not even have been stripped until the slide was coming forward.

The flexible optic plate was resolved by a C&H adapter.

You think that could be ammo related? Mine throws brass a good ten feet. Trust me….I’m not letting 10 mm brass get lost…

Top Bottom