• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    It is slightly above the $100 mark (not by much) but Brad is a Benchmade dealer so getting Griptilians would be an option and Benchmade even does laser engraving as well (Not sure if they would do INGO logo though).

The Kershaw Camber would be a good option coming in at less than $100 and still being made in the USA with a nice S30V blade.

Kershaw Knockout - Not a bad EDC knife still being made in the USA

Those are my three suggestions, personally I would be willing to pay more to get the Benchmade as it seems the easiest model to customize. As my choices suggest for an INGO knife it would be nice to keep it an American made product.

+1 on the knockout. I bought mine from Brad a few Indy 1500s ago and it has been a great knife. So are we looking more 'working knife' or 'cool carry'. I don't have a preference, just looking to narrow choices down.

attachment.php

One I carry. The other I carry when I'm doin' the Jacket and Tie thing. Would prefer a flipper if possible. Have a friend that is a Spyderco guy, another that is a Benchmade guy, so I guess that makes me the Kershaw guy. We all compare knives and I've got nothing but complements on the knockout. They are all good knives. I see a trend toward the Benchmade so far. I'd be all in. Do we need a poll? If you did the Knockout for $100 you could throw in an AR-15 INGO dust cover with each purchase and still be under budget.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Here's a major brand that's a real workhorse, made in the U.S.A. and is right at your price point, bossman. :)
    It's the Spyderco Manix 2.

i-b4N2xj3-L.jpg

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    The only reason I don't think the griptillian would be good is because it is to thick for its weight. The kershaw launch 1 is super thin for an auto. Plus, who does not love a good auto.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Opinion 1 - Kershaw and ZT knives are already billboards with printing all over them. Putting an INGO logo in addition to that would be overkill.

Opinion 2 - Since this is Indiana, and Indiana is one of the rare awesome places where you can legally have an auto, an auto would seem to make sense for an INGO specific knife.

Opinion 3 - I may be in the minority here, but I really don't like griptilians. They're good knives, but man do they ever feel cheap. Also, I don't patronize Benchmade anymore because of their MAP pricing.

Opinion 4 - At ~$85, the Spyderco Manix 2 with the FFG s30v blade and full stainless liners is one of the best bang for buck EDC's ever made. For a bit more, a PM2 is a really sweet choice at $125ish.

Disclaimer - You get what you paid for with these opinions.

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    If you up the budget a little, the Zero Tolerance 0450 is a hell of a nice knife with titanium handles, ball bearing pivot and a very good blade steel.

That Spyderco Manix is a solid choice and the Kershaws with the better steels are nice too.

If you opt for the ZT 0450, please go ahead and put me on the list. Was planning to talk to Brad about one anyway.

Top Bottom