• ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Make your first copy on white, this will be your 'Master copy' - use this to darken or lighten the pinks -put it away when you copy onto a few pinks.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    OK, I know I will probably get flamed for this but...

Why is everyone making copies of their license?

Just curious (and hoping I'm not missing out on something)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Why is everyone making copies of their license?

Your lifetime license has to last. . . for the rest of your life. What better way to ensure its condition than by having a few spares?

You can also have peace of mind by having one in each glovebox, in your range bag, in a safe deposit box, etc.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Your lifetime license has to last. . . for the rest of your life. What better way to ensure its condition than by having a few spares?

You can also have peace of mind by having one in each glovebox, in your range bag, in a safe deposit box, etc.

Gotcha and thanks- that makes a lot of sense. I'm a four year license but if I'm still in Indiana at renewal I'm going for life.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    The Indiana code is silent on copying a license. However, it does allow for duplicates to be made by the superintendent for $20.

On the license itself it states "There shall be a charge of Twenty Dollars($20.00) for the issuance of a duplicate license to replace a lost or damaged license."

In the FAQ on the ISP site it states:
    How do I get a duplicate handgun license?
    Complete the “Duplicate Handgun License Request and Notification of Name or Address Change Form” and mail it to the firearms section with a money order for $20. If it is hand written, please make sure that it is printed and legible. Duplicate licenses can be issued if your information has changed or your current license is lost or destroyed.

Taking the silence you mention and the fact they're specifically stating that the $20 dupe fee is for replacing licenses lost, damaged or destroyed, I'm thinking the answer I got from ISP is correct. You can copy them. I'd go a step further and state that given the way it reads and the fee structure involved, they are encouraging you to make copies.

chefnick7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Monticello Indiana
    I had to deal with the same thing from FedEx / Kinko's in Merrillville on us30. I was told no by an employee and then asked for the manager , manager said ok but refused to get the copies done correctly, they came out to dark. I refused to pay for the copies and went to the packing store around the corner instead.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I went to Staples, the nice young lady made me 20 copies and laminated them all, all the while we chatted about guns, and how her father was a sheriffs officer and how he sent all his friends to her to have their LTCH's copied and laminated.

INGunGuy

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    :whistle:

Come see me.

Oh, I forgot to mention........

I am offering free copies and lamination of your LTCH
    to all current INGO members!

:ingo:

"Did he say FREE?!?" :eek:

That's right, come on down to crazy printcraft's :laugh: and get all crazy up in there!

Another unofficial perk to being a member of INGO!

Ok, don't come up and get all crazy, I'm heavily armed too you know. :ar15:

:D

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Wait. You guys didn't know most FedEx places have a "anti Gun" policy. Or so I was told. My buddy ordered, im almost positive it was a hand grip for his AR. Nothing mechanical. Nothing dangerous. A. hand. grip.
    Goes to mail it back at fed ex, because he ordered tan, they sent him OD green, (He Received if fed ex that same day), when he goes in they ask to see whats inside the box. He shows the lady, She asks what it is, A hand grip for my rifle.... Lady flips her top.
    "You have to take that out of here right now, Nothing Gun Related is allowed to be shipped, You have to go to a gun dealer to ship that"
    He literately shows her the fed ex box, with his address, and explains its perfectly legal to ship...she still makes him leave. SOOOO he goes to UPS down the street, they had No problem shipping it.

-2 fed ex fail.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Wait. You guys didn't know most FedEx places have a "anti Gun" policy. Or so I was told. My buddy ordered, im almost positive it was a hand grip for his AR. Nothing mechanical. Nothing dangerous. A. hand. grip.
    Goes to mail it back at fed ex, because he ordered tan, they sent him OD green, (He Received if fed ex that same day), when he goes in they ask to see whats inside the box. He shows the lady, She asks what it is, A hand grip for my rifle.... Lady flips her top.
    "You have to take that out of here right now, Nothing Gun Related is allowed to be shipped, You have to go to a gun dealer to ship that"
    He literately shows her the fed ex box, with his address, and explains its perfectly legal to ship...she still makes him leave. SOOOO he goes to UPS down the street, they had No problem shipping it.

-2 fed ex fail.

Wow how wrong can a person be? Not letting you ship a hand grip AND telling you that nothing gun related can be shipped, when you can use FedEx to ship guns to the manufacturer or an FFL. Epic fail.

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's the way I read it-- you can copy to your heart's content, but it *THEY* have to do it for you, it's 20 bucks.

On the license itself it states "There shall be a charge of Twenty Dollars($20.00) for the issuance of a duplicate license to replace a lost or damaged license."

In the FAQ on the ISP site it states:

Taking the silence you mention and the fact they're specifically stating that the $20 dupe fee is for replacing licenses lost, damaged or destroyed, I'm thinking the answer I got from ISP is correct. You can copy them. I'd go a step further and state that given the way it reads and the fee structure involved, they are encouraging you to make copies.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    laser printers are best, FYI. While my deskjet printer/scanner can make walgreens quality prints (my wife accused me of printing out pics there when she worked there), lasers are what the ISP uses, and there is a distinct difference when you use an inkjet.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I got my LTCH today :rockwoot: So I went to the FedEx/Kinkos in Bloomington to get it copied and laminated. I asked the man at the counter if he had pink paper to match my license (I showed it to him) that I needed copied and laminated. He said he did but he wasn't allowed to copy it because that's illegal. I said OK, but asked if I could still purchase a sheet of the pink paper. He was nice enough to just give me the paper because the cost was negligible.

I went back to work and used the crappy inkjet printer there to make my copies. The copies are very close to the original. If you look really close you can tell the difference, but it isn't noticeable at a glance. Finally, I laminated them with sticky laminate paper. Lookin' good, if I do say so myself!

c2joe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Got my LTCH today and took Hiram2005's advice and went to Staples in Noblesville. When I asked if they had any pink paper for the copier, the guy there asked what for and I showed him my LTCH. You would have thought I tossed him a live grenade with the pin pulled. He started to stutter and said I can't make a copy there. Guess Hiram got lucky. Next time I'm headin north, I'll stop by and visit Printcraft.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I used the copier at work as well, and the paper was there as well. Wife did the laminating in her office. Complete WIN for me, and no cost!

FedEx Blows Anyways!

-MColford

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    theysayisagorilla
    Top Bottom