• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Granted, the fanaticism of gun control advocates always reminds me of captain Terrell saying "doin right ain't got no end", from Outlaw Josey Whales.

I'm just wondering if they will punt and take it up later or double down.
    I was expecting Josey, after dry-firing all of his pistols at Terrell, to have said, “Did I fire 24 shots, or only 23?”

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    No matter how it goes in the end, for now this is a great step in the right direction. I am happy for this ruling.

Regards,

Doug

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I loved the specific stats that he cited, while torching media coverage.

"One is to be forgiven if one is persuaded by news media and others that the nation is awash with murderous AR-15 assault rifles. The facts, however, do not support this hyperbole, and facts matter.

Federal Bureau of Investigation murder statistics do not track assault rifles, but they do show that killing by knife attack is far more common than murder by any kind of rifle. In California, murder by knife occurs seven times more often than murder by rifle. For example, according to F.B.I. statistics for 2019, California saw 252 people murdered with a knife, while 34 people were killed with some type of rifle – not necessarily an AR-15. A Californian is three times more likely to be murdered by an attacker’s bare hands, fists, or feet, than by his rifle. In 2018, the statistics were even more lopsided as California saw only 24 murders by some type of rifle. The same pattern can be observed across the nation."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I'll say it again. Thanks to the AWB of 94,(?) people who previously had no interest in an AR perked up and said "oooh. What is that? Do I need one?" And when it sunset, everybody and their brother bought one. (or more) and now its no longer considered a fringe weapon. All thanks to Clinton.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    A few of my thoughts are not in italics (copy/paste in italics.) Out off sequence, hey it's early.

Gov. Gavin Newsom condemned the ruling, calling it "a direct threat to public safety and the lives of innocent Californians."

He said the Swiss Army knife comparison undermined the "credibility" of the ruling and was a "slap in the face to the families who’ve lost loved ones to this weapon."

No Governor, YOU are a direct threat to public safety. More people are murdered with knives every year than all long guns COMBINED and that is a decades-old trend (FBI-UCR.)

Or is he talking about the families of the dead VC/NVA/Iraqi RG/Taliban/Iraqi RG again/terrorists?

He (Judge Benitez) compared the AR-15 rifle to a Swiss Army knife, saying it’s "a perfect combination of home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment. Good for both home and battle."

No military has fielded the semi-automatic version of the AR-15. As far as what the Founders had in mind: deterring invasion? Oh hell yes! Preventing a tyrannical government? Who wants to get them out of our hands at any cost?

EVERY comment i have read in the press and by officials in CA are running with the Swiss Army Knife completely out of context.

Pathetic.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    EVERY comment i have read in the press and by officials in CA are running with the Swiss Army Knife completely out of context.

Pathetic.
    Yeah that’s what they do. While we all know the point the judge was trying to make he probably should’ve left out the analogy in retrospect. He gave them their headline to exploit and they’re running with it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Pathetic.
    Yep.

I spent some time reading comments on the Washington Post article covering this. It was comical and infuriating at the same time.

It's amazing how many anti gun people are completely ignorant of the point and genesis of the second amendment yet claim to be constitutional experts.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yeah, the context is tools for the job.....

Personally I am a Leatherman guy since the 1990s.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    “From my cold, dead hands . . .”
    I finally broke mine from the 1900s.

So I bought a Surge...love it. Only had it 6 months so haven't scarred it much.

Attachments

• 20210606_181927.jpg
      20210606_181927.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 8

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And I'll say it again. Thanks to the AWB of 94,(?) people who previously had no interest in an AR perked up and said "oooh. What is that? Do I need one?" And when it sunset, everybody and their brother bought one. (or more) and now its no longer considered a fringe weapon. All thanks to Clinton.
    I didn't want an AR before the AWB.
    Then just before the AWB, I bought my FIRST AR.

Anti-gunners never realize, if they just SHUT THEIR MOUTHS there'd be less guns out there.

Top Bottom