• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Gun guy on you tube said if the liberals fight this and try and over rule the decision they runs high risk that this would go to SCOTUS.....right now the liberals have lost one state, CA. If they fight it and SCOTUS rules its unconstitutional then the other 7 states that have bans are stripped also....so risk it all or take one for the team CA....?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Gun guy on you tube said if the liberals fight this and try and over rule the decision they runs high risk that this would go to SCOTUS.....right now the liberals have lost one state, CA. If they fight it and SCOTUS rules its unconstitutional then the other 7 states that have bans are stripped also....so risk it all or take one for the team CA....?
    It will probably end up there eventually. I believe this gives up a circuit split on the issue.

Plus, I wonder if CA really cares about the others as much as they care about themselves. They think they are the end all be all of great government. They can do no wrong. I don't know that I see them giving up and not asking for en banc review.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It will probably end up there eventually. I believe this gives up a circuit split on the issue.

Plus, I wonder if CA really cares about the others as much as they care about themselves. They think they are the end all be all of great government. They can do no wrong. I don't know that I see them giving up and not asking for en banc review.
    I don’t think they do care. You’d think that they might start doing a little introspection after seeing the people of the state fleeing their policies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don’t think they do care. You’d think that they might start doing a little introspection after seeing the people of the state fleeing their policies.
    Nah, you know they are saying, "Good riddance! Bunch of right wing fascists don't belong here anyway".

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Introspection? Not likely. They already know they're right.
    I think it will go to the USSC, and I'm not super optimistic given the lack of spines in those seats right now.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    They are too absorbed in the narrative and the sanctimonious belief they are right and they are going to shove their way up our asses for our own good to honestly consider reality.

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Exactly. CA democrat politicians see CA policy as a model for the whole country to emulate.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And then it will make its way to scotus where John Roberts will try to figure out how to make the court not look partisan because that’s the most important job of a Chief Justice.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    9th circuit has blocked the ruling while court fight continues. AWB stays in place

Just like I knew would happen.
    The only way the People's Republic of California will end this, is for it to go to the Supreme Court, and they force the ban to be ended.
    Short of that, it will stay in place.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    With all due respect...Roberts and one of the "conservatives" on the court will find a way to screw it up.
    Obviously Kagan, Breyer, and Sotomayor will support the ban.

Alito and Thomas will oppose it.

Kavanaugh is a Fed statist and I won't be surprised if he votes for it.

Roberts is trying to play moderate, but he did vote for Heller... so hopefully he opposes the ban.

Gorsuch and Barrett are the unknowns. I'm pretty sure Barrett will oppose it. I'm hoping Gorsuch will (I think it's better than even money that he will).

So maybe we could eke out a 5-4 decision. We might get lucky and a see a 6-3. But we could also lose 5-4 as well.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Roberts is trying to play moderate, but he did vote for Heller... so hopefully he opposes the ban.

Gorsuch and Barrett are the unknowns. I'm pretty sure Barrett will oppose it. I'm hoping Gorsuch will (I think it's better than even money that he will).

So maybe we could eke out a 5-4 decision. We might get lucky and a see a 6-3. But we could also lose 5-4 as well.
    I think Gorsuch will be good.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Given some of Gorsuch's past statements I kinda suspect it would probably survive Roberts. It would not survive if Kavanaugh would also side with the progressives (Kagan, Breyer, Sotomayor, and Roberts)

Top Bottom