• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    The Third District Court of Appeals ruled a major portion of California’s ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban is a violation of the separation of powers doctrine and the due process of law. The three-person panel also directed a lower court to review the possibility of throwing out the entire act.

https://www.saf.org/assault-weapons-ban-ruled-unconstitutional/

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Benitez said the AR-15’s versatility made it widely popular in the United States, and that popularity is part of what gives it protection under the Second Amendment. He compared the modular firearm to a “Swiss Army Knife” and noted its use for home defense and civil defense.

“Good for both home and battle, the AR-15 is the kind of versatile gun that lies at the intersection of the kinds of firearms protected under District of Columbia v. Heller and United States v. Miller,” he said. “Yet, the State of California makes it a crime to have an AR15 type rifle. Therefore, this Court declares the California statutes to be unconstitutional.”

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was glad to see that.
    Lets hope that precedent is continued to be recognized.

And I cant not take the time to say thanks to Clinton and his AWB. Thanks to that, I feel that its sunset caused the fudds and butters to take note and start buying them after it went away.

Before the AWB, most folks didnt see a need for an AR. (me included) Then it was banned and everyone said "Hey. Wait a minute... Why did they ban it? Is it that good? Do *I* need one? hmmmmm... " and when they were able, they all started buying one. And I was one of them.

I was in Bradis shortly after the ban was lifted browsing with no intention to buy. I saw am AR, and was made a cash only, that Monday after the 1500 gun show buyback offer. As I recall it was $400 for a post ban Windham Bushmaster xm-14. it was "used" but not a single scratch or blemish on it. I ran to to the ATM and bought my first AR that afternoon. After replacing the fake collapsible stock it was good as new. several more followed. (but were all subsequently lost in a tragic boating accident)

So thanks to Slick Willie and his gang for making it a "common use" rifle. They tried to ban them, but in the end, ended up granting them protected status.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Miller’s case was supported by the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) and the Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC).

These two groups will be getting a donation next Friday. As I approve of them supporting this kind of pro 2A lawsuit. They for the time being have fought and got back lost rights.

This is what we need to be doing taking the fight to them and winning back our stripped away rights. Not on the defense all the time.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    With this push back it will be interesting to see where Chipman and CO. go with the current leadership's desire for more regulation nation wide.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    With this push back it will be interesting to see where Chipman and CO. go with the current leadership's desire for more regulation nation wide.
    We already know where they want to go. This isn’t the end of it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A few of my thoughts are not in italics (copy/paste in italics.) Out off sequence, hey it's early.

Gov. Gavin Newsom condemned the ruling, calling it "a direct threat to public safety and the lives of innocent Californians."

He said the Swiss Army knife comparison undermined the "credibility" of the ruling and was a "slap in the face to the families who’ve lost loved ones to this weapon."

No Governor, YOU are a direct threat to public safety. More people are murdered with knives every year than all long guns COMBINED and that is a decades-old trend (FBI-UCR.)

Or is he talking about the families of the dead VC/NVA/Iraqi RG/Taliban/Iraqi RG again/terrorists?

He (Judge Benitez) compared the AR-15 rifle to a Swiss Army knife, saying it’s "a perfect combination of home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment. Good for both home and battle."

No military has fielded the semi-automatic version of the AR-15. As far as what the Founders had in mind: deterring invasion? Oh hell yes! Preventing a tyrannical government? Who wants to get them out of our hands at any cost?

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Fred Guttenberg of March for our Lives was on CNN this morning, angrily denouncing this decision during a favorable and sympathetic interview (it was CNN after all). I feel for the loss of his child but I am done with his vociferous attempts to imprison me for owning an AR15.

His tears were delicious.

Top Bottom