• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I sent all my kitchen knives to Tyler34 (Black owl customs) for sharpening they arrived in the mail today and this is what the box look liked BEFORE I opened it!!!

picture.php

They are now so sharp the packaging can't contain them. That was the tip of my 7 inch Chef's knife sticking out the side of the box on my front porch:rockwoot:. Don't ever doubt Tyler.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    That's attempted stabbing of a government employee. Your knives are now property of Homeland Security and require further examination.

That's pretty sharp, I might just have to send him my FFBM, I've been trying to thin the edge down a bit for a while now, I'm running out of sandpaper.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    That's attempted stabbing of a government employee. Your knives are now property of Homeland Security and require further examination.

That's pretty sharp, I might just have to send him my FFBM, I've been trying to thin the edge down a bit for a while now, I'm running out of sandpaper.

His prices are GREAT and your supporting an ingo advertiser so it's a win win. Send it!!!

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My Tyler story - I had a Kershaw folder as my EDC last year that the lock failed on and it closed on my finger, almost taking the tip of it off. I decided to retire it to my reloading bench, where it wouldn't be put to much of a strain. I figured what the heck and sent it to Tyler for the legendary edge to be put on it. Sure enough, last week "Christine" got me again, except this time it was a much cleaner, quicker cut. I'm starting to shy away from the knife, but it's got a helluva edge on it - Tyler's the man!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Kershaw Ken Onion 1550, it's tasted more of my blood than Dracula could ever hope to and is now officially retired!

I carried a 1550 for a while as well. But for the longest time my EDC was a 1550 T, and that thing tasted a lot of my blood too. I lopped off a piece of my finger with that one. I lost it bailing hay, I miss that little thing...

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    thanks for the compliments fellas, I try to put the wickedest edge humanly possible on any knife I do and I'm glad people appreciate that(even if that means damn near cutting their arm off) sometimes it takes a little time but I feel the end result is worth it. I hope my customers agree.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    thanks for the compliments fellas, I try to put the wickedest edge humanly possible on any knife I do and I'm glad people appreciate that(even if that means damn near cutting their arm off) sometimes it takes a little time but I feel the end result is worth it. I hope my customers agree.

I guess, in a twisted sort of way, the deeper the cut and the more the blood = the greater the "compliment" to the King of the Edge! :laugh: :patriot:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I guess, in a twisted sort of way, the deeper the cut and the more the blood = the greater the "compliment" to the King of the Edge! :laugh: :patriot:
    ^^^^^This is very true^^^^^

it takes a slightly twisted person to truly love a shaving edge on put on a knife. The wait a whole two weeks was worth it. The wife hasn't cut herself yet, but she does love how sharp the are.

AND, always remember a sharp knife is safer than a dual one.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i put the sharpest edge on all my knives..then you don't have to sharpen them so often....you just need 3 stones and around 20 min's a blade....

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    thanks buddy, for letting me use your knife!!!

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy

What's the price on your service per blade?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    ^^^^^This is very true^^^^^

it takes a slightly twisted person to truly love a shaving edge on put on a knife. The wait a whole two weeks was worth it. The wife hasn't cut herself yet, but she does love how sharp the are.

AND, always remember a sharp knife is safer than a dual one.

I have always heard that a dull knife won't cut anything, but it will cut you.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My Tyler story - I had a Kershaw folder as my EDC last year that the lock failed on and it closed on my finger, almost taking the tip of it off. I decided to retire it to my reloading bench, where it wouldn't be put to much of a strain. I figured what the heck and sent it to Tyler for the legendary edge to be put on it. Sure enough, last week "Christine" got me again, except this time it was a much cleaner, quicker cut. I'm starting to shy away from the knife, but it's got a helluva edge on it - Tyler's the man!

Considered contacting Kershaw to see if they'll fix or replace the lock mech?

-J-

Top Bottom