• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I am fishing to see if there is any real interest in developing an MSG for Vigo County, primarily those in or around Terre Haute.

If you are interested please either send me a PM or post here, I will gladly coordinate all efforts, meetings, etc if there are others interested. If not, so be it..

I am preparring, are you?

Last edited:

munson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Terre Haute
    howdy. i'm in terre haute. i'm pretty much a lurker here. anyway if you want to put something together, i'm game. i have a few buddies here in town that may be interested as well. my name is Bradley.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    The way I see it we could meet for lunch and discuss whatever. I personally am in the midst of trying to convince my better half that we do need to have 90 rolls of toilet paper in the house etc. lol

To me this "group" will share tips, tricks, information, buying deals, let each other know where prepper stuff is on sale or in bulk, maybe even do some group buying.

I am a fair person and if we all figure a central location to where we live to meet even if it's not exactly in Terre Haute but close I am good with that.

We can also work on training of all sorts, pull from each of our experiences to better prepare ourselves. And work some range time in too. The range at Terre Haute Sporting Clays, it isn't bad, is out to 150 yards and is just north of town a bit.

I am open to any ideas, any thoughts, anything.. So don't hold back if your interested, if you do not want your interest public, then PM me. I understand privacy and the need to keep your stash secret.. lol

I will start a roll call in the opening post and if your name does not appear or you decide you want it taken off the list please let me know. Also if you are interested, please PM me with your off board contact info that you would like me to use to contact you.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I am looking at Saturday April 16th for a meet and greet.

Location to be determined, suggestions welcome.

Time to be determines, suggestions welcome

Preferrably a place who is 2nd ammendment friendly.

If you don't voice an opinion you can't complain about the outcome.

One thing I would suggest is that you bring your "wish" list of prepper items your looking to invest in, we might find a common items which we can group buy and save some money..

munson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Saturdays are good for me, provided it's after 7pm. as for a meeting place, I'm up for suggestions. a place that serves beer is always good, but that's negotiable i reckon.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Saturdays are good for me, provided it's after 7pm. as for a meeting place, I'm up for suggestions. a place that serves beer is always good, but that's negotiable i reckon.

Not against the beer part, but any place that serves beer after 7 PM on a Saturday night probably will not be conducive to a serious SHTF meeting. I'd like to see the time earlier if possible, us old farts need our rest :D

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Count me in. I'm a Senior Criminology major at ISU and the miles are many from home if anything would happen. I'm 23 so a place with beer is A OK with me :rockwoot:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    OK, So I have one who can't make it until after 7 PM but I am sure that if we started at say 5 PM that we could possibly still be going at 7 PM and can catch whomever has to come later up.

Honestly I am looking for a relaxed, come and go as you please enviroment and see what everyone brings to the table for discussion and information.

So far everyone doesn't mind a beer with the meeting.. :rockwoot:

And from what I can tell everyone is ok with April 16th. :yesway:

Let me do some checking as to a place which will give us a quiet space to chat that serves food and beer..

Also I wanted to mention that I personally don't mind children, I have some of my own,, lol But If they are going to come with you I assume they will be well behaved and mind their manners. Not trying to be a pain but we all know the type I am referring to. Also if anyone is bringing someone under 18 years of age please let me know, it rules out some places we can meet.

I also assume that a place ok with someone who might Open Carry would also be beneficial to our efforts.

Oh and another issue which I would guess some may have issue with is privacy and anonymity. I would hope that it would not keep you from coming and sharing in the discussion. I personally don't expect to know anything your not willing to share, even your name..

I am also not a big fan of recording anything other then what I might right down as notes on what I hear.

If you have any relative documentation or digital information that your willing to share bring it on a thumb drive and we can swap digital documents as well.

Last edited:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Just noticed the MSG 2 Calendar thread. Let me know what you think about the openning post..

Look at https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...redness/137316-msg2_calendar.html#post1708664 and please share your opinion.

Do we want to follow the flow or make our own??

Don't want to buck the system, I see the need for some unity in our efforts. It would make sense incase one member of another group would want to sit in and bring fresh knowledge to a fellow group without doubling efforts.

To me majority rules, and I don't have an opinion, it is a group not a dictatorship.. what say you?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Just noticed the MSG 2 Calendar thread. Let me know what you think about the openning post..

Look at https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...redness/137316-msg2_calendar.html#post1708664 and please share your opinion.

Do we want to follow the flow or make our own??

Don't want to buck the system, I see the need for some unity in our efforts. It would make sense incase one member of another group would want to sit in and bring fresh knowledge to a fellow group without doubling efforts.

To me majority rules, and I don't have an opinion, it is a group not a dictatorship.. what say you?

I've been loosely involved since the inception but the closest meetings for Area 3 have been in the late evenings and located in Bloomington which pretty much leaves me out. I'm an hour from Bloomington and any SHTF situation would effectively render my aid to an area so far away ineffective. Area 2 basically is Indy and the surrounding densely populated area, where the problems would be quite different than that I would encounter in a rural, isolated setting. My understanding is as far as training or exchange of Ideas cooperation between areas would be beneficial, not required and these are non structured, non reporting groups. IMO Regional, localized meetings are the best way to achieve success. :twocents:

I agree, probably no minors that require babysitting, a time and atmosphere conducive to work. Plenty of time to socialize & blow off steam on other occasions :dunno: I realize that dates and times are difficult for everyone

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I hope that my info post about the calendar wasn't taken to mean I wanted to follow the example, I just wanted to make the option known.

I agree about the localized relative information and training.

I guess one thing we could all do is bring a list of items your currently in need of, we all can swap lists and keep an eye out for deals, sales, one one get one situations where we could assist each other in accumulating the things you need.

Just an idea.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Mid mornings, early afternoons on the weekend work best for me. I realize that some may have family or work commitments that prohibit attendance. Differing SHTF situations require a varied response situation, training & equipment. Basic Training, 1st Aid etc and supplies are beneficial to all. Many already have coolers, sleeping bags, tents, general camping supplies, lanterns etc that may be beneficial in a time of crisis. One needs to work with what they have and learn and expand supplies from there. A laptop and possibly a WiFi connection may be beneficial at some meetings but Not required at all.

Top Bottom