• Status
    Not open for further replies.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Well...I arrived at 9:45...was alone, for awhile. But members started showing up shortly thereafter and soon we had a nice group. Introductions were made, gear was unloaded, targets were hung. We sent a lot of bullets downrange but I think spent more time talking to other members.

ingo7.jpg

Not that there weren't plenty of guns to shoot....

ingo6.jpg

ingo4.jpg

ingo5.jpg

We even had brand new shooters sttend, 3 very nice ladies came down from Chicago and had a good time working up from 22's to 38's and tring different rifles in 22 and sub calibers, they even gave a couple 12 gauges a try.

ingo8.jpg

The weather was great, everyone was safe, lot's of toys shot...I know several liked my M1 Carbine, PPSh-451, MPA-71, and AR. As you can see in the pics Mosins made noise and there were a half dozen who tried a S&W 500 for the first time.

Great day, great range, great people...if you missed it shame on you.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Wow, what a great day! I had alot of fun and want to thank everyone for sharing their toys! We certainly have a great bunch of members and I can't wait till next time....

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So what's the scoop on the gals from Chicago? Were they friends of members, members themselves, or what?

Glad you guys had better weather up there than we have down here! Looking forward to additional pics and commentary from those who attended.

:ingo:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    th_IMG_0023-1.jpg
    th_IMG_0014-Copy.jpg
    th_IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

th_IMG_0017.jpg
    th_IMG_0020.jpg
    th_IMG_0006.jpg

I had a great time. Thanks to all those that let me put lead through their cherished toys. Weather was beautiful. I'm looking forward to the next one!:ingo:.......................:ar15:..................:rockwoot:

;)

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    So what's the scoop on the gals from Chicago? Were they friends of members, members themselves, or what?

Glad you guys had better weather up there than we have down here! Looking forward to additional pics and commentary from those who attended.

:ingo:

I believe that they were work associates of jediagh. Didn't get much of a chance to speak with them because instructor jediagh was pretty busy showing them the ropes and making sure that they fired as many different guns as possible:D

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Durp, I forgot about this.

Oh well, probably would have had me riding on fumes until my next paycheck anyway :D

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Great time today, got to try out a few of my new toys. Didn't shoot as much as I wanted to, I should have saved the 500 for last.

Put around 40 rounds thru the Sig P226 .40, I like it, first time shooting a semi-automatic. Definetly not the last, a few more times at the range and I think I have my new carry gun.

Made the mistake of then taking a couple of shots with the 500, should've held off on that. Awesome, I loved it. For me the 500 grain was to much, I prefered the 350 grain. Although a few people thought the 500 grain was smoother. I'm stating to think they were right, will have to find out next time. (my had is still sore, haha).

Went about an hour before shooting anything else, then thought my hand was feeling better, so thought I'd get some more time with my carry gun S&W 38 special. 1 round, it hurt; 2nd round it hurt more etc... by the 5th one I told myself I think I'm done shooting for the day.

Never even cracked open the case on the Charter Arms 44 spcl, oh well theres always next time. And yes its been about 10 hours and my hand is still way to sore. But I'm already itching to take the 500 back out. I wonder if I should make that my new carry gun, I mean with that shot placement wouldnt matter to much, as long as theres nobdy behind the BG or behind the building that the BG is standing in front of.

But had a blast, can't wait till the next time. I'll definetly take a vacation day, and will hold off on the 500 until I get to play with everything else for a while. I think a glove of some sorts would help with the 500.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

@Groovatron Sorry but which one in the pic were you? Having the 3 beginners with me I had no time to interact with anyone. =(

I know I saw a lot of new member faces but I think next time I will ake nametags so we write who we are. LOL!!

@All
    Tenative I think the 1st sunday in june will be the next one. That puts us at 5 weeks away. 4 weeks (typically when we do it) is the memorial day weekend so not sure if ya want that or not. Look at the INGO group wall for the new thread for ideas. Not sure where idea generators go? In here or off topics???

----
    Shooter521 this is what I wrote on the other thread.
    The beginners come from this tread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...on/12834-10_step_freedom_plan_against_ob.html

I'll be bring more as the summer goes on.

First I want to thank everyone that allowed my 3 guest a chance to shoot your guns. The girls were able to shoot a wide variety of guns today. Hopefully I can get the pics they took in the next few days and upload them.

Girl 1: Short lady (Sofie) is our admin at work and she was gun-ho able trying it (shooting) out. She had asked me before were she could try it but since she lives "IN" the City of Chicago I 1) had no clue and 2) figure she was never going to have a chance due to all the issues they have to go thru.
    This is our admin at work.

Girl 2: Tall skinny lady (Laura) is Sofie's friend and she was not sure about shooting at all but figured she should at least try it once in her life. She does NOT live "IN" the city of Chicago but the north subs.
    This is a co-worker that works in a different unit than me & I met her thru girl 1.

Girl 3: Black lady (Renee) was a mystery to me. She is originally from CA and moved into Chicago 5 years ago. This is a co-worker that works in my former unit and had asked me where she could buy a gun one day out of the clear buy so I figured this event would help her.

Here is what they shoot & in order based off what I can remember
    .22 LR Henry Survival Rifle
    .22 LR Handgun (Walter?? provided by GhostOfWinter, me think it's LadyGhost's gun)
    7.62x39 WASR
    Moss500 Shotgun (00 Buck, Birdshot)
    .25 (?? provided by CLif45)
    9MM XD and XDM (provided GhostOfWinter & Clif45)
    .40 XD (provided by GhostOfWinter)
    .45 1911
    .22 LR Handgun (competition type provided by GhostOfWinter)
    .22 10/22 "girly gun" with purple release (provided by AuntieBellum)
    9mm highpoint (provided by GhostOfWinter)
    .38 ??? revolver double action (Provided by Clif45)
    .38 special S&W Police Revolver (Provided by 451???)

None of them liked the shotgun nor the WASR. The SG they all said had "too much hurt" in terms of the kick. The WASR was way too heavy for them and only girl 2 did not like the kick. Girl 3 like the "power" that the gun had but said it was too heavy.

They all fell in love with AuntieBellum's new 10/22. None of them wanted to try it at first because it was "heavy" and thought it was going to "hurt" like the WASR and all of them had the same face of "I fired it??" after shooting it the first time since they could not feel any recoil. They liked it very, much after that.

In terms of the semi-autos they like the .22 competition heavy gun the best. And while they all said the S&M revolver went BOOM it was a manageable BOOM.

Overall it was a good day but I'm tired now. Very tired cause it was a long drive. So what is the good news?

Well girl 1 liked it but is not such if she would do it again soon cause it's a l-o-n-g drive for her. 1 hr drive to my place + 1.5 to the range. Plus she has no way of using them where she is at right now (City of Chicago)

Girl 2 said she enjoyed the day but does not think she will do it again. It was OK under the controlled environment we had but it was a bit scary with some of the bigger guns.

Girl 3 was annoyed that she could not buy any of the handguns since she lives IN the City of Chicago. She asked so I can't get one legally because they are banned in the city yet we have all these shootings? WTF? So she asked if she could own a rifle and I told her yes. Told her she needs her FOID card before she can buy anything. So it looks like tomorrow she is going to start the process of getting her FOID and will then look into the 10/22. She was interested in knowing when the next event is.

As for me. :confused: never saw the SP101... =( So I have a box of .38 Special that will just have to wait. Got to shoot just a bot of my WASR (10 rounds), the Henry (7 rds) and a S&W revolver along with the 9mm high point.

Next time I think I'll only take 2 people cause 3 is a bit too much. My plan is to take my 5 year old daughter next time but with the issue with the Henry I'm not sure. What issue? As I was putting the stuff away I noticed a scratch on the stock of the Henry. After looking at it some more and GhostOfWinter looking at it we noticed it's not a starch but a crack! I have never dropped the gun and it's only had 250 rounds thru in since 2008 when I got it. So tomorrow I'll call Henry and see what they recommend I do. I don't want to get the pink cricket for my daughter until I know she actually likes it (shooting) since she does not like loud noises. So more on the Henry in another post once I found out what to do with it.

ps. Oh yes I forgot to mention some cRaZy brought a revolver that uses .5??? very big, very loud and hige amount of recoil. GhostOfWinter and Clif and Andy all shot it. Me was too chicken to try it. LOL!
    ---

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I would like to add a couple things to my report. First I am a NRA firearms instructor and have certs to teach quite a few different areas including being a LE instructor for pistol, rifle, and shotgun. I am also a Range Officer instructor. I was a bit leery of going to a public range and being around so many folks I didn't know but I am happy to say with just a few exceptions the gun handling was very good. Sadly we had so many people the three benches on the 25 almost weren't enough and some gun handling went on behind the firing line...which to me is a major no-no. Perhaps next time we can set up relays or something similar to give folks more room and time on the benches. I think it would help encourage more shooting as well and still keep things safe. Perhaps some organized drills?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom