• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    In the past several days the question has been asked over and over in the various forums that I visit and the replies have been logical, emotional, depressing and down right nasty at times. I’ve kept quiet for the last few days only because I’ve given myself some time to grief and less depressed but today was the deadline for that and now I’m moving on to what I calling the Freedom Plan.

If you have not grieved over the loss we took on Election Day I suggest you that at least 24 hours to get it out of your system before you read on. You need a clear and level head for the rest of the plan. So go cry in the fetal position, drink yourself to sleep, go to the range and use your best firearm you know the one you never touch, take your kids out, whatever makes you happy.

Now once you have a level head lets clear the air on the fears. 1st week of January when BO becomes the next President of the United States nothing is going to happen to our guns. You are still going to be able to go buy an AK/AR/etc and as many hi-cap magazines as you want. The AWB of 2009 is not going to magically go into effect on day 1 of BO’s term. Laws take time to (this one perhaps a little less time) but due take some time. So relax a bit we may have lost the election battle but we are NOT going to lose the war.

Step 1) Get Prepared
    You should be stocking up on GGAF (Gold, Guns, Ammo and Food [Water as well]) because you never know when the next disaster (man or natural) is going to occur.

Step 2) Congress
    Next up is write to your Congress representatives and let them know about your concerns of them protecting your 2nd amendment, the AWB of 2009 which is HR 1022 (THOMAS (Library of Congress)) or (WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 1022, The Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007)
    and make sure they know you are watching how they vote on this item. Take the time and write a HAND WRITTEN letter if possible. Plus keep their phone number handy you are going to need it later on.

Find your one US Representative here:
    https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

Find your two US Senators here:
    U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Step 3) Congress and your family
    Next get every member of your family that is over 18 to also write a letter and/or contact their representatives as well. You may have to write some of them a sample letter. Plus I’m not just talking about your spouse and kids that live under your roof. Sister, Brother, Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Nick, Aunt Mary, In-Laws, ***ALL*** the family you need to get involved. Strength in numbers is how we are going to win this war. There are only 535 members in Congress (435 in the House and 100 in the Senate) and 300 million of us (Estimate as of July 2007: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/us.html)

Step 4) GGAF and 22LR
    Now we take a small break and stock up on more GGAF and to give us a smile buy a .22 weapon (rifle or handgun) if you have both then get some ammo (lots of it) for it. Why? Well GGAF again because you never know when the STHF is going to happen. The .22 is going to be your “preaching bible”. That’s right my friends you are all going to become preachers.
    You see you and your family alone are not enough voices to scare Congress. They know what occurred back in 2004 when the last AWB passed. The liberals in Congress were tossed in the following election. Congress is well aware of this fact and will move slower this time around. Don’t be fooled the enemies of our 2nd amendment are very patient and they can wait and wait.

So with your “preaching bible” at hand now go find someone to preach to. Take a non-gun person to the range for a day. Start with your friends. If they are all gun lovers already then take your co-workers, followed by your church members, and/or any other organization you are in. Teach them gun safety and let them shot the .22. Let them see first hand that what they see on TV/Movies is noting but fantasy. This is NOT about you showing off your skills or firearm. This is about showing all those people that you interact with what guns really are. Take the time to teach them to handle the firearm, basic shooting and how much fun the sport of shooting can be.

Now some little try it and just not like it. That is OK. Don’t push it at least they now have a reference point of what real guns do and what type of people (YOU) do with them. Because right now the only reference they have is the movies/TV and the media. For those that do like it, take them again and again. Once they are comfortable with the .22, move them up and encourage them to buy their own .22.

Step 5) Preaching to the non-gunner
    So you preached to all your friends and some now have guns as well GREAT! Now do the same for **ALL** your other groups (co-workers, church, etc..) it’s a bigger list than you think. So go buy some more .22 ammo you are going to need it. Oh and why you are at it make sure you are stocking up on GGAF. Keep repeating this until all the people you interact with have gone to the range with you.

Step 6) Politics 101
    Somewhere during step 5 the AWB of 2009 will be going thru the waters of Congress. You now need to step up the preaching but now by letting everyone know the facts and myths of this new bill. Best tool is this wonderful file.
    Gun Facts - Your guide for debunking gun control myth

You see by now all those you have taken to the range have a real life experience to go. But it’s not enough to just tell them about the bill. You are going to have to have them write or call their representatives as well. Make sure they do it. It’s going to be the only way that Congress will begin to understand that your small whisper is beginning to turn into something louder.

Step 7) NRA
    Are we tired yet? I never said this was going to be easy. Remember we got lazy and let this happen by letting BO get in. Now I know some of you HATE the NRA. Blame the NRA for selling us out in 1986 (machine gun ban and I was 10 years old at the time) and believe that the NRA is a worthless money-sucking machine. You may be right I’m not going to argue with that. But guess what we don’t have a level playing field in congress and never will. Why? Cause the Anti-2nd Amendment groups have their own hard core lobbying groups that are everyday pounding on Congresses door. Do you take a knife to a gunfight? Off course not! So while the NRA may be evil (or so some of you say) we still need that evil to fight the evil in congress. So pony up the money and join up. Get a membership for your spouse as well and the kids. Next all those people you took to the range guess what. Get them to join. This is after all the UNION mentality. We need this UNION for better or for worse.
    You can join online at National Rifle Association - NRA Website Gateway

Step 8 ) Social Clubs
    I’m sure by now you may have run out of .22 ammo again. So go get some more and again stock up on GGAF. Why more GGAF? It’ll make sense in step 10. Now comes the maintain stage of the plan. Generations ago (30s-60s) there was nothing wrong about gun clubs in school, social gun clubs in the town, etc. Guns were apart of our culture and were not evil. Somewhere we lost this identity and now most Americas associate guns with evil. Well if you have shown all those you interact with the way of the gun now comes the maintaining that relationship and activity. Form up a local gun club or have work gun outing once a month or so. You need to empower all those you touched to do the same and spread the 2nd amendment.

That loud noise that Congress once heard from you and your “neighbors” now should start to become a rumble. Congress needs to understand that WE THE PEOPLE will not let them get away with taking away our freedom.

Step 9) Reassessing the situation
    Do you think you have enough GGAF? Nope you can never have enough so go get more GGAF. By now Congress has either learned that they cannot take our freedoms away or the worse of my fears are coming true and BO is turning the country away from democracy.

The Emperor in his speech to the Senate: "In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire, for a safe and secure society which I assure you will last for ten thousand years."
    Senator Padmé comments: "So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause."
    from Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

If this is the case then the worse is upon on us and all our non-violent steps 1-9 have failed and such with a heavy heart step 10 is called into effect.

Step 10) Violence against our failed government
    Yes this is the last restore and one that many of you may not want to think about but one that must be done. Freedom never comes without a prize and every now and then we must fight to retain our freedom. It’s time to organize and start a revolution against our very own government that has failed us. Some of you may not be willing to fight, others (including those in your circle of preaching) may only be able to provide support whatever the case may be now is the time to defend what our forefathers gave us. Take up your arms and revolt against those that have taking what they can never take from us.

I don’t remember who wrote this on the shotgunworld.com forums (I wish I had taken the name down) but it has always been with me when I think of step 10.
    Being armed and prepared to fight is our right as Americans — When we lose the right to keep and bear arms, and when we meekly allow the government to confiscate our 280 million legal firearms, only then can you be certain that things are really bad in America.
    Until that time comes, however, we're still free, we're still legal, and we're still armed. So America is actually in very good shape, indeed.

The American Revolution was not fought by a sovereign people against "an unwelcome foreign Empire"... It was fought against our own government. We were colonists of the British Empire; we paid taxes to King George III; our commerce, our industry and our local governments were controlled by a British central government.

And here's a point that they don't emphasize in American History classes anymore: The great majority of the American Colonists did not participate in the Revolution. In fact, most American Colonists disapproved of the Revolution. At the time, there were something like 13 million people living in the colonies, unevenly spread up and down the Atlantic seaboard, and the Patriots (those who actually launched and fought the Revolution) numbered only in the tens of thousands.

So, this wasn't about the citizenry taking up arms. It was about a handful of colonists with the guts to challenge the British army and navy. The Patriots were outnumbered, outgunned, under-supplied, and didn't even have the support of the majority of colonists. I dare say, if France had not been there to lend a hand, there is no way the Patriots could have won that war.

So boys and girls, grab your gear, and join your bothers and sisters in arms to once again make our forefather’s proud that we are Americans. Stand up and FIGHT for that freedom that they fought for us so long ago. History will show that WE THE PEOPLE were in the right and that nobody can take away our freedom. NOBODY!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    There is no "law" to protest just yet. So "protest" I don't think is the correct word. In indiana at least we let our two anti-gun senators that we don't want the AWB. But you and I alone are not enough and LUGAR(2013 relection) and BAYH (2011 relection) know that. However as we bring in more and more people they will think twice on voting for an type of AWB. Of more importance in your HOUE REP as they are up again for a re-election in 2010.

Long term we need to change the "american gun culture" in this country. Too many people are just ignorant on guns. Can you and I alone do it? Not nation wide but within our own communities you can. That is what we need to restart now.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    There is no "law" to protest just yet. So "protest" I don't think is the correct word. In indiana at least we let our two anti-gun senators that we don't want the AWB. But you and I alone are not enough and LUGAR(2013 relection) and BAYH (2011 relection) know that. However as we bring in more and more people they will think twice on voting for an type of AWB. Of more importance in your HOUE REP as they are up again for a re-election in 2010.

Long term we need to change the "american gun culture" in this country. Too many people are just ignorant on guns. Can you and I alone do it? Not nation wide but within our own communities you can. That is what we need to restart now.

The only ones we can really "threaten" is Bayh in 2010 or Visclosky, Carson, Donnelly, Ellsworth, and Hill, since Buyer, Souder, Burton, and Pence can all easily say, "Whaddayagonnado? Vote in a Democrat?" and Lugar, it seems, is in office as long as that sack of RINO **** is sucking air and continuing to say, "I want to stay here."

I'm surprised he was ever actually born, come to think of it. Same thing: He was protected, insulated, taken care of, his needs met, and all he had to do was float along and take from his mother's system while giving nothing back but pain. I guess Washington and the American people have become his Nanny.

Provided the old goat hasn't died in office by then, I think 2012 will be a good time for an abortion!

Blessings,
    B

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    so shall we put an add in the indianapolis star and local news papers for a community shoot?

That sounds like a good idea but it does have it's drawbacks.
    First (at least talking for myself) I have no organization to handle such an event thus the plan calls for you (the individual) to take just 1 other person. (One on one gun intros for now).

Up here in NW Indiana the IL State Rifle Association has an open house once a year in Kankakee, IL (where one of their ranges is at). Anyone can go and shoot every type of weapon (youth rifles, handguns, shotguns, AKs, ARs, etc.. This past year there were some 50 vendors there (no selling just showing off thier items and allowing you to SHOT them!).

There was a ton of people a lot of them first time shooters. It was a blast and it is the level of events that I one day would like to do all over Indiana and the country. But that is long term. Short term we need the grass roots effort to start.

Why?
    At this point Washington is not afriad of us nor the NRA. The NRA for all it's strenght and number of members just lost a huge battle. Had McCain won the NRA would have been seen as 1 of the reason for the win. But with a lose it's now seen as weak (by washington be it true or not).

So with them out of the picture what is left? YOU and ME only! And we are what Congress FEARs the most. Why? Sure the NRA can have 10 million members and have all 10 million send those postcards to their congress reps. It does help but what happens when the common person (not part of an organization) calls up Senator XYZ on an issue and then common person #2 does the same thing and so on. The grass root movement is what Congress fears the most becuase they know than what Common Person takes time out to call/write on something it's something that is very important to them and a lot of time common person is very emotional on the subject.

Congress is not stupid. They know that when enough of their people call in on 1 subject they better listen or else... Right now Congress is not afriad of us (2nd amedment types) and with good reason. We are all over the place, we are not organized anymore, and most critical we are not brining in new people. We have to stop the anti-gun culture by showing those that have never taught about guns what a gun really is.

So back to your question. If you want to do a get together in Indy go for it. But make sure the get together is not just for "those with guns" we need to bring in the "non gunners".

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    "And here's a point that they don't emphasize in American History classes anymore: The great majority of the American Colonists did not participate in the Revolution. In fact, most American Colonists disapproved of the Revolution"

This is a fact, and make it every time I teach the unit.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I was able to view it with FireFox. IE would not load it correctly.

IE wasn't coded with standards compliance in mind. MS doesn't really care.

The hilarious paranoia in this thread aside, please don't give money to the Indy Star. They're openly anti-gun.

Top Bottom