• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis
    I have a few guns.. 40's,44's and such. but no 9mm. it seems alot of people like a glock 9mm. I usually carry a small framed taurus 40cal. but have been thinking about getting rid of my 40's. and getting a 9mm. just wondering what most of your opinions are,about having a 9mm. for your everyday carry piece?

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    go for the 9mm, everytime I get into that age old argument of its a gurls gun I ask if i can go out back and shoot them with it. Everytime they say hell no!

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I say yes to 9mm..great to practice with..cheap ammo comparatively speaking but I wouldn't get rid of or quit carrying the 40:)

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    9mm why?

I've had 9 in the past and couldn't shoot bowling pins worth a darn with it, my 40's have mag capacity

you won't get a smaller grip with a 9 for the most part, if you want less recoil download the 40's

If you want a 9 to say you've had a 9 then go for it but you won't find anything in the 9 you don't already have

(I'm assuming reloading)

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    The hottest 9mm around here these days seems to be the M&P9.

I drank the Kool-Aid and bought one too. And I actually like it.

ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis
    Thank's for everyones responses. just thought about getting a 9mm. because if something drastic happened. I figured the manufactures that make the ammo. would likely cut back on making 40cal ammo. before they ever did with the 9mm ammo. probably alot more 9mm rounds out there than 40.

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    there is already more 9mm floating around on the planet than there probably ever will be of the 40 stuff(I am embelishing of course for effect)

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Your reasoning is flawed. There is no shortage of 9 mm for sure. But how many rounds of .40 do you think you will need to shoot when the world comes to an end? It's not as if you will be hunkered down in your foxhole with charging hoards of communists coming at you wave after wave.

Both the 9 and 40 are good rounds. Buy both or neither, but don't change your pistols for unrealistic scenarios.

Last edited:

jshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    The M&P does feel nice. With critical defense ammo from hornady, the 9mm is a great round.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Nothing wrong with a 9mm in my opinion that good quality hollow points didn't cure.
    I am one of those 1911 .45 acp guys that used to think if it wasn't made by John browning and didnt make .45 diameter holes it wasn't worth owning.
    I used to spend alot of time over at AR15.com and there was a thread posted about tests that I think the FBI did on variouse calibers and rounds. It boiled down to energy trasnfer and one stop shot capability based on the data they had collected. It was graded in percentages and the 9mm down the scale the difference was negligible. the 45 40 and 9mm were only separated by very few percentage points.
    Like all studies its possible it was skewed but I found it a fascinating read and have had a 9mm that I carry on occasion that I do not feel under gunned with.
    If theres going to be a fight though I beleive I would still pick up my Warrior though,

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    People have been using the 9mm for a while now and it's been effective. The additional capacity never hurts either!

go for the 9mm, everytime I get into that age old argument of its a gurls gun I ask if i can go out back and shoot them with it. Everytime they say hell no!

I don't WANT to be hit with a rock but that doesn't mean it's the most effective choice for self defense. This logic makes no sense to me.

Top Bottom