• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Only works for the owner, or doesn't work for anyone. Not keen on relying on funky little batteries for my sighting system, definitely have misgivings when it's the going bang part.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Another GADGET, wouldn't suit me at all. I don't always wear a watch and never wear one to bed, so it would be similar to locking my home defense firearm in the safe with the ammo in another cabinet. Be my luck the batteries would be dead when I needed a firearm. If the police used one, guess you would have to buy a watch with every gun, would make it pretty easy for a BG to disarm an officer, just rip his watch off and throw it away. or if the watch got smashed his gun would be worthless.
    I assume the used gun market would sure take a hit, having to buy a watch with every gun!

Just something for the anti's to try to make mandatory in an effort to disarm us.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    I worry about the fact that WiFi and Bluetooth, in very limited circumstances, have been known to interfere with RFID signals. If the WiFi or Bluetooth frequencies are close enough to that of the RFID tag, you can sometimes see interference.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    2) Someone's going to want to MANDATE this for all firearms.

Just something for the anti's to try to make mandatory in an effort to disarm us.

I find the technology interesting, but would hate to see it mandated. If someone wants this type of tech for thier own gun, more power to them, but mandating it (like locks, safeties, etc) is a bad idea.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Dumb gun technology.

I don't even want a manual "safety" lever, mag disconnect, or lock on my gun, to say nothing of all these other abominations.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's like trying to fight counterfeiting with new kinds of money. As long as the old types of money are still accepted, the new stuff does nothing to stop it. It would be the same with this. As long as guns could be made that worked in a conventional manner, these would do nothing. Worse, these would only impact law abiding folks. If this were to be mandated for all new guns, it would only be about a nano-second before the anti gun crowd figured out that as long as there existed old style guns, they achieved nothing and a mandatory turn in would follow.

You cannot un-invent the conventional style gun. If these took over the market of over the counter sales, there would be a cottage industry building parts to defeat the locks. Sooner or later, the would be hacked allowing anyone to use the gun with a replacement bracelet or band. The only thing this would do is to get people used to the government controlling gun ownership and use.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What are you guys talking about, "IF"? Smart gun technology (Remember, only stupid people need smart guns.) is already mandated in Der People's Democratik Republik of Kalifornia. Smith and Wesson and Ruger have already pulled out of that market saying they're not going to submit any new handguns to Der Kommisar for approval for sale there. Remember, there's an approved list of handguns in California. If it's not on that list, it can't be sold. They've simply added Smart Gun Technology (which doesn't actually exist, BTW) to the list of criteria a gun has to have in order to make it onto the list. Since no one makes smart guns, no one's guns can be added to the list ever again. This is not a bug in the anti-gunners' plans. It's a feature.

Oh, and BTW, just because a gun has made it to the list in the past is no guarantee of future ability to sell/buy that model, since the slightest variation from the form in which it was approved (different color, finish, grips, sights, etc. are all such variations) means the handgun will have to be recertified as "safe" for the approved list, and such recertification process now includes the requirement that it be equipped with SGT.

They might as well have made it a law that all firearms offered for sale in the state of California be constructed with at least 10% pixie dust and 15% powdered unicorn horn. Same effect. No new handguns models will ever be allowed for sale in the state of California again, and the ones still on the list will slowly (quickly?) drop off the list as manufacturers incrementally improve the model and are unable to regain government certification. So, manufacturers are pulling a Magpul. No more sales to Commifornia. Screw you guys, we have bigger markets that actually want our wares elsewhere.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    What are you guys talking about, "IF"? Smart gun technology (Remember, only stupid people need smart guns.) is already mandated in Der People's Democratik Republik of Kalifornia. Smith and Wesson and Ruger have already pulled out of that market saying they're not going to submit any new handguns to Der Kommisar for approval for sale there. Remember, there's an approved list of handguns in California. If it's not on that list, it can't be sold. They've simply added Smart Gun Technology (which doesn't actually exist, BTW) to the list of criteria a gun has to have in order to make it onto the list. Since no one makes smart guns, no one's guns can be added to the list ever again. This is not a bug in the anti-gunners' plans. It's a feature.

Oh, and BTW, just because a gun has made it to the list in the past is no guarantee of future ability to sell/buy that model, since the slightest variation from the form in which it was approved (different color, finish, grips, sights, etc. are all such variations) means the handgun will have to be recertified as "safe" for the approved list, and such recertification process now includes the requirement that it be equipped with SGT.

They might as well have made it a law that all firearms offered for sale in the state of California be constructed with at least 10% pixie dust and 15% powdered unicorn horn. Same effect. No new handguns models will ever be allowed for sale in the state of California again, and the ones still on the list will slowly (quickly?) drop off the list as manufacturers incrementally improve the model and are unable to regain government certification. So, manufacturers are pulling a Magpul. No more sales to Commifornia. Screw you guys, we have bigger markets that actually want our wares elsewhere.

This is different technology. The one mandated in Cali is microstamping ANY change (even if there's no change to fit form and function) on the firing pin. The patent holder of the technology says it's not possible, but the idiots in Cali mandated it any way. So, soon as you change anything, you're done. Basically regulating handguns out of the state. The NRAILA is challenging.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Dumb gun technology.

I don't even want a manual "safety" lever, mag disconnect, or lock on my gun, to say nothing of all these other abominations.

THIS. More stuff to get in the way.

Oh well, lots of people invent things with no hope of every being produced.

From the article:
    Armatix is currently involved in advanced licensing negotiations with several gun manufacturers.
    I imagine it went this way:
    Armatix: "Buy our technology and put in into your guns!"
    Big Gun Mfg: "No."
    Armatix:"Why?"
    Big Gun Mfg:"We can't sell it. No one wants that crap and it's a solution in search of a problem. Plus, our customers are paranoid about Big Brother, 666 and drones."
    Armatix:"You want to buy this because we'll get CA to mandate it!"
    Big Gun Mfg:"Did you hear? We pulled out of CA last week."

...pause...

Armatix:"We'll sell it to you for a dollar."
    Big Gun Mfg:"Get out."

Top Bottom