• coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    B&D Guns of Westfield, Indiana FFL REVOKED

ATF Revokes Federal Firearms License

Says "B&D Guns of Westfield, Indiana had their FFL revoked"...

ATF Industry Operations Investigators cited numerous violations of the Gun Control Act, to include failure to properly document the receipt or sale of more than 2,000 firearms; having more than 570 missing or unaccounted for firearms; failure to retain required records; transferring firearms to potentially prohibited individuals; failing to conduct background checks on firearms purchasers; failure to allow ATF investigators entry into the store to conduct an inspection; and failure to ensure proper completion of firearms purchase forms (ATF Form 4473) on more than 30 occasions.

Last edited:

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Apparently these are the same guys who ran that TERRIBLE group buy on "Doublestar" AR lowers on 1919 forum, where many people got ripped off and never received their receivers.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Having done a transfer with them some time ago, I can say this doesn't surprise me.

Customer service was sub-optimal. I had to post on INGO before someone who knew them made contact on my behalf and resolved the problem.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    Too bad, I'll miss the $10 transfer fee.

I transferred a pair of handguns with them shortly before this happened and had a brief conversation about the issues. First off, I only know what I heard and I'm not taking any sides but from what I was told the bulk of the violations were minor paperwork errors and that all of the guns were fully accounted for. From what I could see the real problem stemmed from them not being computerized and in somewhat of a state of disarray.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Too bad, I'll miss the $10 transfer fee.

I transferred a pair of handguns with them shortly before this happened and had a brief conversation about the issues. First off, I only know what I heard and I'm not taking any sides but from what I was told the bulk of the violations were minor paperwork errors and that all of the guns were fully accounted for. From what I could see the real problem stemmed from them not being computerized and in somewhat of a state of disarray.

I could see that happening but what about not letting an ATF agent in for inspection?

starbury33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    What I was told was that it was freezing temps when the ATF showed up unannounced and the "office" is located in an unheated workshop. A bit less than ideal conditions.

So you're an FFL and have ATF showed up and you don't let them in because it was below zero? That doesn't make sense to me.

I've got a gun transferred by her, do I need to worry? I saw her doing the paperwork and making the call and all that, and even waited for me (got delayed) and then completed the form. It looked totally legit. If there was a mistake there, can that get back to the customers?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So you're an FFL and have ATF showed up and you don't let them in because it was below zero? That doesn't make sense to me.

I've got a gun transferred by her, do I need to worry? I saw her doing the paperwork and making the call and all that, and even waited for me (got delayed) and then completed the form. It looked totally legit. If there was a mistake there, can that get back to the customers?

As far as I can figure there is nothing they would or could do to a customer, unless you lied on the form. This sounds more like a dealer who didn't maintain her books the way ATF wants. Not letting an agent in for inspection, if we can believe the article, is another matter.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I could see that happening but what about not letting an ATF agent in for inspection?

I think that in itself (If all paperwork and books in 100% order) can be an immedate loss of FFL.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    sad, and I hope its not as bad as it sounds. Then again, as someone else pointed out, didnt the ATF misplace a couple THOUSAND guns? Yea, like that will help in court though, haha. I just followed the AG (Attorney General). Yep, let 'em go. I bet (Sarcasm there)

Top Bottom