• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I wonder if a legal defense team would be allowed to bring up the BATFE's recent gaffe's with "misplacing" firearms and what not...

"Your honor, what's good for the goose is also good for the gander. The Agency has engaged, repeatedly, in thus & such activities yet they are prosecuting my client for much less serious violations. Motion for dismissal?"

-J-

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    "Your honor, what's good for the goose is also good for the gander. The Agency has engaged, repeatedly, in thus & such activities yet they are prosecuting my client for much less serious violations. Motion for dismissal?"

-J-

I wonder if the judge could even manage to stop laughing long enough to deny the motion.

The Infantry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Ludco gun shop in Parker City was shut down by the ATF about a year ago. The auditors warned him that he needed to straighten up, because of poor record keeping. They sent some undercover agents and informants and he sold guns to them in a "straw buyer" sting. He plea bargained not long ago, but he kissed a couple million in inventory and a beautiful private collection goodbye.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I would think that you would want your inspections on a day it was below freezing in your office. That way they wouldn't way to stay too long.

And I am with some of the other I bet there is an indictment to follow.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Maybe someone broke in to her shop and stole the 570 guns without her noticing? :dunno: ok, maybe not. Refusal to let the ATF agent in for an inspection will probably doom her though because it makes her look very guilty.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Government inefficiency...

I wonder if a legal defense team would be allowed to bring up the BATFE's recent gaffe's with "misplacing" firearms and what not...

-J-

If I operated my small business in the inefficient, corrupt fashion that the Federal Government has been operating its overgrown monstrocity for decades....I would be broke and in some Federal prison somewhere!

Last edited by a moderator:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    So, hypothetically, if you are an FFL storefront and you have your FFL revoked what do you do with your inventory? Can you (if financially feasible) just transfer them to your private collection? Without an active FFL do you sell them off as any private gun owner would, without going through the FED forms and phone call?

Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Danville
    So, hypothetically, if you are an FFL storefront and you have your FFL revoked what do you do with your inventory? Can you (if financially feasible) just transfer them to your private collection? Without an active FFL do you sell them off as any private gun owner would, without going through the FED forms and phone call?

I've seen it happen this way. Gave up ffl liquidation sale.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So, hypothetically, if you are an FFL storefront and you have your FFL revoked what do you do with your inventory?

Per the ATF, any damn thing you want.

He's selling guns without doing the proper paperwork, so we're going to shut him down... and he can then sell his remaining guns without doing the proper paperwork (as they would essentially be private sales).

Makes sense, right? :scratch:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Sounds like B&D Guns is out of business

I just received a news letter from the ATF and this cut and paste is the main story.

ATF Revokes Federal Firearms License

Columbus, Ohio. – Special Agent in Charge Robert J. Browning, Columbus Field Division, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), announced today the final revocation of the Federal Firearms License (FFL) of Dianne E. Penley, Westfield, Ind.

ATF conducted an inspection at the licensed premises of Penley from Jan. 20 through July 14, 2011. ATF Industry Operations Investigators cited numerous violations of the Gun Control Act, to include failure to properly document the receipt or sale of more than 2,000 firearms; having more than 570 missing or unaccounted for firearms; failure to retain required records; transferring firearms to potentially prohibited individuals; failing to conduct background checks on firearms purchasers; failure to allow ATF investigators entry into the store to conduct an inspection; and failure to ensure proper completion of firearms purchase forms (ATF Form 4473) on more than 30 occasions. A Final Notice of Revocation was served on Penley Feb. 23.

Licensed gun dealers are required to adhere to the federal firearms regulations in order to ensure persons who are prohibited from possessing firearms do not obtain them, said Browning. In addition, the records that federally licensed gun dealers are required to maintain are vital to ATF’s efforts to trace firearms used in crimes. Less than 1 percent of federally licensed firearms dealers have their license revoked by ATF.

ATF is the federal law enforcement agency responsible for investigating violations of the federal firearms and explosives laws and regulations. More information about ATF and its programs can be found at www.atf.gov.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Too bad about the store. Thanks for posting up the info. I would still love to see SOMETHING happen to the ATF though for what they did. Well, ok, I would like to see something other then people getting promoted and the whistle blower being let go. I know, not likely to happen in this generation, since they still have never gotten the major keelhaul that they are desperately in need of. I am not normally anti law enforcement, as I am an MP, and will be a US Marshal when I retire out of the Army (if everything goes well), but I dont consider the ATF on the same level as the others. I hated working with them the most out of all the federal agencies that I have. Heck, I got more help from the FBI then them. Ok, end rant, sorry.
    Good luck to who ever takes over that mess, and if not, maybe some good deals to be gotten while the getting is good.

james.bryant88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    So the ATF is upset about 570 missing firearms, but they lost a crap ton not too long ago. Oh wait, they gave those to the cartel in Mexico.

Ya I don't think the ATF has to much room to talk anymore, however losing guns it not a good thing and I can say one thing accountability.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I was in on that double star group buy, and Im so glad I didn't live far from them. I was able to go to the 1500 to pick mine up. Chris, cue, was the one in charge of the deal and was running it through his parents FFL, but word was he had spent some of the money on personal toys, and was then using new order payments to fund old orders, hoping to use the profits to catch up in the end. Look like that came back to bite everyone as the ATF must have put the thumb screws to them after that.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom