Random Redirects from INGO, Am I infected?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indyjones65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Is it just me or is something weird going on. I'm pretty much on here everyday browsing through the vast amounts of knowledge that gets posted. Starting a couple days ago I would get a random redirect while just reading through different posts. I've been redirected to Reimageplus.com, ibtimes.co.uk, searchprivacy chrome extension, etc. I thought maybe it was malware so I ran a scan with malwarebytes, and norton antivirus and they don't find anything. I also used a google chrome program to "clean" my chrome browser. I'm not clicking on any ads or anything when this happens, just scrolling down the page. It's not really a pop up and doesn't open a new page but just redirects my browser to a new page. It is happening on my laptop and my desktop. I'm using Chrome as my browser on PC's running Windows 10.

It is only been happening from Ingunowners.com and not any other websites.

Is this happening to anyone else?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    It has been happening to me on other sites as well....I think. I usually leave my INGO tab open while I am on other sites...so hard to tell for sure. I will start exiting INGO and see if it still happens. When it opens up it opens in full screen and no way to exit out, so I either have to kill tab or use back button. I did scan and it found nothing. I don't know what it is....but it is aggravating.

Edit. It just happened 3 times in a row to me. took me to reimagedotcom or something like that.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Report it to the Mods if you haven't already. Stuff like this is usually linked to someone sneaking junk into the advertising rotation.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This must have been what happened to me earlier this morning. I got redirected to some "search privately" website. I just thought I had clicked in the search box at the top of my firefox window by mistake. It hasn't happened again (so far).

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I had something pop up earlier today about a problem with my chrome toolbar...click to clean up. I don't usually do that. Today I did, and a few minutes later the laptop went black. I thought the battery was low...plugged it in and it still wouldn't come back up. I finally did a manual shut down and restarted in safe mode...restarted again and it has been fine since.

I haven't noticed any redirects though.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I had something pop up earlier today about a problem with my chrome toolbar...click to clean up. I don't usually do that. Today I did, and a few minutes later the laptop went black. I thought the battery was low...plugged it in and it still wouldn't come back up. I finally did a manual shut down and restarted in safe mode...restarted again and it has been fine since.

I haven't noticed any redirects though.

That's the one I kept getting.

Indyjones65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    I'm not having the problem on my phone or tablet, it's happening on my desktop and laptop. I can't find any malware or virus on either, think maybe it's something imbedded in some of the INGO ads as others have suggested. Churchmouse has brought it to the attention of the Admins.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I'd recommend using uBlock Origin now, since AdBlock Plus is getting into unsavory business practices.

This is interesting... Any links about adblockplus?

EDIT: Found it. 'Sell ads'. Time to switch. Thanks for the heads up! :yesway:

Last edited:

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    I understand that websites use ad revenue to offset the costs of hosting and maintaining the sites,but unless they can guarantee malware free ads, my ad block software (ublock origin as stated above now) is staying on...

Top Bottom