Indy man arrested after items found in car suggest he was planning act of terror

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Nutjob for sure.

Police say Byrne originally refused to identify himself, claiming he was a “sovereign national.”

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Pfft... shameful... who goes on a terror raid with a .22 LR. What happened to the quality of home grown terrorists.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

On Aug. 15, a Greenwood police officer pulled over Christopher C. Byrne, 31, after he saw the man “driving suspiciously” through the Greenwood Park Mall parking lot,
    Suspicious? Doing the speed limit and obeying traffic signs would be suspicious down there.

Police say Byrne originally refused to identify himself, claiming he was a “sovereign national.” He was eventually identified and placed into custody after the officer confirmed he was a habitual traffic violator.
    There went my speed limit/obeying the signs theory.

When officers searched Byrne’s car, they found a Ruger 10-22 rifle with 100 rounds of ammunition with a scope and homemade suppressor attached.
    Anybody else want to see the "homemade suppressor"?? My money is on there are beer cans and duct-tape involved.

They also found water bottles filled with bleach and ammonia, which form a toxic gas if mixed together in a sealed container. Ok, that toxic gas is chlorine gas, mixed correctly that is some deadly stuff. Deadly like WWI gas attack deadly.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    A 10/22 and 100 rounds is a boring day at the range.

The bleach and ammonia is the bigger issue, but of course, we'll focus on the gun and ammo instead.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Last year he was convicted of stealing police equipment, including an AR 15 rifle, and he's out on the streets!?!!
    What did he get; a nasty look from the judge and 35 seconds of probation?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    A 10/22 and 100 rounds is a boring day at the range.

The bleach and ammonia is the bigger issue, but of course, we'll focus on the gun and ammo instead.

I'm no expert, but my guess is the home made suppressor is the part that will pay off big come time for sentencing. But I don't know the statute on the poison gas. If there is some kind of Patriot Act WMD (depending on the quantity and how it's defined) thing floating out there he'll probably never see daylight again.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Last year he was convicted of stealing police equipment, including an AR 15 rifle, and he's out on the streets!?!!
    What did he get; a nasty look from the judge and 35 seconds of probation?

Yeah, I wondered about that too. This is what gun owners and the NRA have been screaming about for years: enforce the laws you've got. We don't want somebody who sets fire to a squad car and steals a patrol rifle roaming our streets anymore than Bloomberg does.

Top Bottom