Body work experts.... should I start window shopping for a new car?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I was on the way to work going down a one way street. I was in the left lane and there was a lady in the right lane. She decided she wanted to turn on a street to the left. She didn't see me apparently.

The plastic rubbing on the tire made it not able to be driven. Until fault is determined by her insurance company, I would be responsible for a rental car (they would reimburse if she was at fault and she was).

The liquid on the ground is from windshield washer fluid bottle.

Damage to her car.

On my car, I know the front bumper is toast along with the right front fender and headlight. Also the washer fluid bottle. The unknown to me is what damage is where all that stuff secured. I didn't want another car payment, but if it is totaled, I will pay off a credit card and have a car payment again. If that is the case, do I got new, certified pre owned, or pre owned. I want an SUV or cross over of equal gas mileage and miles. Also want AWD as the Accord sucks in snow over 5".

My car is a 2009 Honda Accord with 64k miles. Leather seats, sunroof, 4 cylinder, basically everything but Bluetooth and navigation.
    honda.JPG

This is NADA guides value

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Unless there some sort of serious damage to the front suspension, I don't see that as being totaled.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It'll buff out.

Not totaled, but that won't be cheap. Let's hope it didn't get into the radiator support.

Get tough with the other party's insurance. Don't let them get away with ANYTHING. They will try.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Doesn't look like a total to me. If it got into the suspension, frame rail and engine then possibly yes, but I foresee that being fixed. It's always fun to car shop anyway.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Did the airbags blow? That'll be about $2500 right there, if both blew. The rest doesn't look like a total to me. Hopefully you find a shop you can trust to give you an accurate estimate. A lot of insurance companies have arrangements to send all their claims to certain body shops for the work. Though usually you still can go where you want. Doesn't sound like you know anyone in that line of business so the first option may not be too bad for you. Good luck

Pharaoh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I'd say you are ok. A lady hit me in my civic a while back. Looked a lot like that. They replaced the fenders, hood, rad support, condenser and a few other components and it was good to go.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Still drivable? How fast? Where was the primary impact? It looks like just the right front corner? There isn't much structure there so things will crumple up like that. The good thing is that since there isn't a lot of structure it should all come back out or be replaced as well. No airbag deployment so very likely will be repaired.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Yeah, that was what I was thinking that it wasn't. Sorta hopeful it was because even though i don't want another car payment, an SUV that gets better gas mileage, better in snow (my car is okay up to 5" of snow and then it can't go that good), and less miles was tempting. I did drive a 2015 Rogue today, it has better acceleration better then my wifes 2009 Rogue and better leg room. Still waiting on insurance to determine fault, then to determine damage once they determine the other driver was at fault. If they try to say it was my fault, I will try to get a hold of the witness who seen the accident.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If it were a few years older it might be a push. My GF's 06 civic had less damage than that after a deer used it to commit suicide and they told us at that point that it could go either way. Fortunately they fixed it for us, this was last year.

Top Bottom