• ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    People need to take care of their pets.

I'm happy people want to adopt him, but if they don't get THAT dog, they should adopt one of the others in the shelter.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    People need to take care of their pets.

I'm happy people want to adopt him, but if they don't get THAT dog, they should adopt one of the others in the shelter.

agreed. I tried to talk someone out of breeding his dog. Only reason he wanted to breed her was to have "part of her" to pass on to his son. I asked what he was going to do about the other puppies and he said he had homes lined up for them. Asked why he wanted his puppies to take homes away from dogs in the shelter by going to those people and he said those people wouldn't adopt a dog, they wouldn't get a dog period. But he wanted to give them his puppies :dunno:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Me and my wife have discussed for a long time with family and friends, that IF we ever hit the lottery the first official business we will do after getting everything squared away upon receiving the payment is to start a no kill animal shelter that would specialize in dogs.

We have had the privilege of having 5 wonderful pups in our 23 years of marriage with 4 of them being rescued or from a shelter and the only one that was not, was the only pup that my Mom's Maltese had.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    agreed. I tried to talk someone out of breeding his dog. Only reason he wanted to breed her was to have "part of her" to pass on to his son. I asked what he was going to do about the other puppies and he said he had homes lined up for them. Asked why he wanted his puppies to take homes away from dogs in the shelter by going to those people and he said those people wouldn't adopt a dog, they wouldn't get a dog period. But he wanted to give them his puppies :dunno:

This is so common place, and upsets me too.

I can understand breeders that want to put out quality dogs - I do understand this to a degree if done responsibly, which in many cases it is not.

But to breed dogs for sentimental value or money is just not looking at the big picture. The offspring of your dog, is not going to be your dog.

I have had people tell me they bred their female "so she can know what it is like to be a mother"... What?! :n00b:

Anyway, I bet zombie dogs are hard to house break.

pet_sematary_2-2.jpg

Top Bottom