• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    We went from 7 hours cutting with 46" deck yard tractors to about 2.5 hours with the fastrak. The very first time out we started at 9am and were done by noon. My wife and I looked at one another in disbelief, asking "what the hell are we gonna do for the rest of the day?". I kick myself in the ass for not buying one sooner.

Amen to that. I spent WAY too many hours with a 54" tractor thinking that a ZT with 60" was just about the extra 6"... It's not just the extra width, but the speed (and ability to still have a GOOD cut at that speed) is what makes the difference.

We'll be in this house for years, so with the almost 50% reduction in time (plus I have the kids mowing about 1/3 of the lawn with the old tractor while I cut the rest with the ZT - we finish about the same time) so it's literally saving me days of work over just a short time. The money spent is worth it... As is knowing that Mrs G won't say "told ya so" too much longer (hopefully).

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    INGO and mowers. Go figure.

Plenty of good advice in this thread.

I'm saving my pennies for a Ventrac 3400 with all the toys.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I bought a 60" EXmark Z-line (commercial) with the 29 hp Fuel injected Kohler in 2012. Paid close to 12k, hurt like heck on the front side. Yard is about 4.5 acres. Takes 2.5-3 hours to mow it depending on the direction Im going. So far other than oil, filter and blades I have had zero problems with it. Today it has 606 hours on it.
    Down side that I dont like is that I think it should cut better when the grass is tall. If its too tall the yard has to be cut twice to get the finish that I like.

We are moving to a house with a yard that is 50'x50' in a few weeks. Let me know if youre interested. lol

The mower is not the problem, I am betting the deck baffles need adjusted, eXmark is known for their excellent mowing quality.

Sharp high lift blades, correct WOT setting, baffles in the lowest setting, and 4in.+ setting should have perfectly discharged grass and lines.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    We have a Hustler with a metal deck. 48" 23hp Kawasaki v-twin. It has the flex forks and I am not sure that option is worth it.

Have not had a problem with it in the 8 years we have had it. Just keep the blades sharp and keep the fluids/filters clean/changed and it will last you.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I have over 1100 hours on my eXmark 52" with Kawasaki 23hp engine. I change the oil and filter every 100 hours and I've replaced one of the hydraulic shocks on a speed control arm and that's it. No belts, no bearings, not even an air filter. It has the big commercial filter and I clean it every year. I have replaced the spark plugs and the hydraulic filter once.

The deck cuts great if you keep the underside clean. It's been a great mower and I'd buy another. Next time I'll get the better seat with full suspension. The frame is stiff and we cut some pretty rough ground.

Top Bottom