• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    Ok im already planning for next years vacation and im not sure were we should go. We went to Gatlinburg this year. So for next year im considering a few places. Nashville, Memphis and Gettysburg are our top 3 choices. Were looking to spend atleast 3 or 4 days. We are still undecieded so we are open to ideas. We have a 3yr old so were looking for places to keep her occupied. My only request is to go some were were you can leagally carry. So id like to avoid Ohio and Illinois So heres my quick thoughts

Memphis
    Beale Street
    Graceland
    Gus's Fried Chicken

Nashville
    Opryland Hotel
    The Grand Ole Opry
    Bourbon Street

Gettysburg
    The sheer history of the place
    Hershey Parks near by
    Stop by Pittsburgh for a baseball game

One other Place is Sterns Ky
    My familys from the area seems to be a quiet place and I would mind looking into family history and checking out some of the old coal mines.

Everytime I have questions you all normally give great advice. One last thing is gun related I want to get my wife a gun for home defense but what to get. She struggles to rack the slide on my xdm. I was thinking about a wheel gun possibly a LCR-357 and possibly a P22 or P22. What to you all think?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'd mention Wisconsin Dells, but I have no idea what carry will be like there. There's some cool stuff around there, though. Niagara Falls is real nice especially on the Canadian side, but, you know... Ever tried Myrtle Beach? That's pretty nice even if you don't golf. You'd have to look up carry there, but it's South Carolina, how bad could it be?.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    There's a lot of tourist stuff in Myrtle Beach, stuff that's good for a 3 year old. We took my son there when he was that old, and he still remembers things from it. That was back before carrying was an issue for me, though.

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    Wife and I went to Gettysburg last year. I wasn't really interested in the history ... until I got there. It was amazing. We stayed eight days and were planning when we could go back again. Be careful to check what is going on when you plan to go. The major re-enactment is around the end of July I think. Would be really fun to see ... & will be crowded beyond belief. I highly encourage you to go to Gettysburg at some time. I'm not sure how a 4 year old would enjoy it. I know kids a couple of years older are very interested.

Top Bottom