• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Stang51d,seems like you may have saved someone from an unpleasant experience.Meth heads tend to take things way over the top and their road rage can end up being deadly.Good choice in not immediately drawing,which would have probably ended up with someone in a body bag.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Dang, i thought this thread would be rocking along with stories.;) Oh well, I might have another one this year. :rolleyes:

An individual from south of the border ended up on a job I was running, working for somebody else. He was screwing up a detail. We had words and I didn't see him for awhile.
    About 2 years ago, I found him working on one of my jobs and he wasn't supposed to be there. The job was two stories up and I wasn't aware of him until I had climbed up and saw somebody doing something wrong. When I called out and said I'll show you how to do that, he hopped up and started telling everybody to Vamoose. I recognized him then. I said I don't care if you're here if you'll do it correctly. We were about 25' from each other. He pulled a Bowie looking knife from somewhere and stepped towards me. I uncovered as I grasped my pistol on my hip and said "Try it" or something like that. He turned and headed for the ladder and started down. He got to the bottom and went to take the ladder and I told him to keep on moving while I called his boss. I finished the work and left him a message to come get his ladder. He got deported a year later. :D

:rolleyes: Well, he's back, asking about me, and who knows, I may have a story to share one day.

Let's hear some more from you folks while I wait for mine to develope.:rockwoot:More warriors in Ind. than in Va. anyway.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    I grew up in Chicago Heights. It is a south suburb of Chicago. The street i lived on was claimed by a gang, Latin Counts. There where plenty of shootings in and around where i lived. I personally have been shot at more then a couple of times but never aiming for me in particular just the group of people i was with or something else in my direction (which is what this is about). I never joined any gangs and probably kept at least 6 other kids from joining.

One day i was walking home from a friends house that lived about 4 blocks from my own. I was walking next to a funeral home parking lot heading east with the parking lot to my south. About 1 block down someone was walking toward me but on the opposite side of the street. I could see he was wearing Red and Black (which is the Latin Count colors) so i probably new him but he was to far down for me to tell. A car pulled up heading west next to the other guy walking and some words where exchanged. Then the car peels off heading my way and as it does the guy walking pulls our a peace and starts shooting at the car. In my direction. He let off about 5 rounds and then ran into a alley heading south (my side of the street). It happen so quick that i did not do anything except stop. And then i just kept heading home. When i reached about a block past where the guy was shooting 2 squad cars lit up went driving by me. I thought for sure they would stop and ask me something or some such but they just kept on going. I went home and that was it. I was about 14 or so when this incident happen.

Before people start giving me a hard time i had no choice where i lived. To tell me i should not have hung out with people like that is telling me i should have never had any friends growing up. The few kids i probably convinced that joining a gang was stupid where all about 2 years younger then me.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dosproduction,good thing you didn't end up in that funeral home.Glad that you made the decision to stop and kudos for having the guts to just keep on walking like nothing happened.

LANShark42,there was a stipulation in the OP about no armchair quarterbacking,your story would be safe here.

Top Bottom