• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    When I was 12 or so, my brother finally let me shoot his .22 pellet gun.
    He says to me "You probally wont even be able to hit that can!" the can was probally 10 yards away. After shooting the can up for a while, I saw a bird flying high above a tree downrange and shot at it. I hit that sucker in the air! My brother never dissed my shooting again aftet that, even though it was the luckiest shot ever!

At the family reunion a while back, I brought my scoped .35 rem. contender. We always shot at the reunion. I had shot a full can of pop a few times with this gun and knew what the concussion would do. Anyways, my cousin and I had set 20 empty cans on the shootin log and went back to the line. After shooting them down and setting them back up, I bet him a 100$ I could knock all the cans down in 10 seconds or less with my pet single shot contender. He gleefully took the bet, not knowing I had put a full can of pop in the middle. I shot the full can and the explosion knocked all the other cans down! He wouldnt pay up though:xmad:

Last edited:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I had just bought a G17 off of my former boss for 250 bucks. A buddy of mine came over the first time I shot it.

He had a gas-station fountain pop with him; right as we got down to where we shoot, he finished it. He pulled the straw out of it, and went and stuck it in the berm we were shooting into, so it was pointing directly back at us, and told me "I'll buy dinner, wherever you want, if you can hit that with your first magazine."

We backed off to about 15 yards, and I put the first magazine in the gun. Shooting at a target smaller than the diameter of my 9mm bullets, my third round hit dead-center, and split the straw into two pieces, all the way down the middle. That was the third round I had EVER fired out of that weapon, or out of ANY Glock, for that matter.

Clayton has never doubted my shooting abilities again. And I got a great dinner out of the deal. :D I just wish that I had a slow-mo video of that round splitting that straw; I think that would look awesome.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I had some friends that live out in the country that had a racoon problem. The coons would give their pet boxer hell. They had me come over to "take care" of the problem. I brought my 1969 Colt Gold Cup National match. Their boxer had gotten on up in a tree and would not let it come down. My friend doubted my shot and bet me that I could not hit the racoon. It was dusk, about 50 degree angle, through branches at about 30yds (they live on a TON of land so I was not worried about hitting something when the round came down). I fired one shot and nothing happened. He said the normal told ya so's immediately and I told him I was sure I hit it. a couple seconds later we heard the thuds as the coon was falling down the tree to the ground. Sure enough I hit it, and sure enough he paid.

This may have not been a "trick" shot, or even a very hard shot, but I was pretty proud.

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    About 20 years ago (when my eyes worked correctly) I took a spent 12ga hull and stuck it in a hole in the target board at our local fish & game. Told my buddy that I was gonna punch out the primer with my Mini-14 from the 75 yard marker, iron sights, prone unsupported. About freakin passed out... I did it.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    About 25 years ago my brother found the bottom of what looked like a coffee cup, he then threw it in the air and said shoot it. With out thinking i raised my .22 and shattered the cup bottom. He said do it again, i couldn't believe i did it the first time and said, no thanks, i'll quit while i'm ahead.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Splitting playing cards or old CD roms in half with a .22 is always a crowd pleaser.

Shooting the head of a nail or spent .22 brass with a pistol is another.

Best shot I ever made is with a .45 and involved a fly. Fly landed and was walking across the target and I splattered the little sucker.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Bowling pin at a measured 85 yards with a Glock 23, first shot. That was on lunch break during a pistol class at the Knob Creek range in 2000. Never come close to doing anything like that since.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Shotgun

Right handed, left handed, upside down on shoulder, over head upside down, one handed.....yes I have spent way too much time and money shooting clays.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Eh, nothing too fancy. One of my buddies and I used to take shots at clays set up on a berm at 50 yards. It was one of those stupid easy things to do with a rifle, but it was a little more impressive when we were using a 1919 GI 1911 to do it.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    When I was 17 There was a ground squirrel from about 30 yards out running back and forth along a fallen tree like a duck in a shooting gallery.
    There were 2 or 3 of us shooting cans on that fallen log but everyones attention turned to the ground squirrel.
    They were all trying to shoot it.
    I took a couple shots from the hip with my Ithica 22 lever action and nailed the little guy.
    It was TOTAL luck, but the guys with me thought I was AWESOME.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Not "trick shots", but rather just a day "in the zone"...
    Last time I went shooting with Rachel M. before she moved, she kept shooting at a fallen tree branch with lots of little twigs sticking up on the whole length of it. She said she wanted to shoot the twigs off the branch...and kept missing missing missing. I decided to give it a go.
    Loaded up the little GSG (1911-22)...never missed one and stripped the whole branch. She called me bad names.
    Then she put an empty pop can on a stump and put some holes in it. She told me to see if I could hit it from where I was. I hit in a weird spot on the bottom that flipped it straight up high enough to clear the back stop and it disappeared over the top.
    She called me bad names.
    Totally worth it.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I don't know if this qualifies as a trick shot or not...but back when I was 13, we had a crow problem on our farm. My dad put a 50 cent bounty on them. One morning...we had a big one sitting in the top of an old Maple...about a 100 yards from the house. I grabbed my old Winchester .22 bolt action (that was about 50 years old then) and headed for the door. My dad laughed and said, "if you make that shot, I will give you 10 bucks". So, I crept to the corner of the house (the crows were pretty skittish around our farm now). I took aim, let out my breath, and squeezed off a shot. He dropped like a rock. Most of it was pure luck.

I went back inside...and the $10 bill was sitting on the table. Dad never said a word.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    shot a clay bird out of the air with bird shot out of a 6" 686 in the mid 80's..i told them at first it was a bullet then i fessed up......never pulled that one off again...lol..

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    When I was much younger we had problems with chipmunks (worse than mice), there was one running around the base of an big shagbark hickory. As I was heading out the door with my Savage 410/22 Dad said "you'll never hit it". Of course my reply was "wanna bet?". I laid the dead little booger on the portch and listened to Dad's reply "I thought you were going to use the 22".

More tricky than trick:)

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Don't know about trick shots, but I've bounced empty pop cans into the air with a .22 so that my younger brother could shoot them with his shotgun.

Bored farm kids...

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I was blind folded on the 1000 yard line, in the off-hand postion.....:D

I been in the zone a few times, there is nothing like cleaning a rapid fire stage one handed at 25 yards or 20 consecutive bullseye's @ 1000 yards. I have done both but its been 20+ years.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Once while in the AF in New Mexico, a bunch of us were shooting at the "ravine", our shooting spot, I had just bought my first Handgun, A .44 Super New Model Blackhawk, we were standing around shooting, and somebody pointed out a soda can about 20 yards away, and said Smitty can you hit that?, I was holding the gun at my side and just shot from the hip, and kicked the can in the air, every body thought that was cool (me too!) I used to pick off stuff at long range with it too (Love Elmer Keith!)

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom