• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Sorry to bring a dying thread back to life, but this weekend I went to my aunt and uncles house to do some shooting with my 10 year old cousin. Wanting to see how hard some of those "trick shots" on Top Shot were, I picked up some camping clothes line rope and some que-tips.

When I got down there, we put the .22 conversion in the AR, picked up the .22/.410 Savage over-under, and the S&W .22 revolver and headed out to the firing line with everything in tow.

We decided to start off with the rope, so we hung it from a target stand and tied some large rocks around the bottom to keep it straight and tight. Even with the wind, it didn't swing much so it was perfect! I loaded up one magazine for the AR and gave it to my aunt since she never shoots with us, but is a great shot with the right weapon. She hit the rope on her 8th shot from the standing position from a measured 35 ft away. It didn't split the rope, but frailed it a bit. My little cousin was next, he took the seating position and racked off the entire magazine pretty quickly, just grazing the rope once. Then I took the seating position since the wind had picked up and managed to put my first 3 rounds into the rope, close enough to split it in half!

IMG00110-20111002-1601.jpg

After doing that for a few more times, we got out the que-tips and put them into a hair spray can that we had shot a couple weekends ago. Using the Savage .22/.410 over/under with iron sights from 35 feet away made this extremely easy. I'm not quite sure how the guy on Top Shot managed to miss with a match grade rifle and a scope since me and my cousin were able to hit them with almost every shot using iron sights...

IMG00113-20111002-1622.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, I just had to share because I was so proud of my little cousin! I can't wait until my nephew gets old enough to shoot... :)

.45kohnACP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    boonies of NWI
    My favorite trick shot target would have to be a paintball. I have hit them at 30 yards w/ my 1991a1 series 80, MP9c, Walther P22 and Browning Hi Power 9mm in 3 shots or less. Also at 75 yards w/ my iron sighted Stag Model 1 and MP15 22 in 5 shots or less.

Love to try stupid trick shots, I really wanna try the Q tip and the CD center. Also want to split a CD w/ a .22

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    My favorite trick shot target would have to be a paintball. I have hit them at 30 yards w/ my 1991a1 series 80, MP9c, Walther P22 and Browning Hi Power 9mm in 3 shots or less. Also at 75 yards w/ my iron sighted Stag Model 1 and MP15 22 in 5 shots or less.

Love to try stupid trick shots, I really wanna try the Q tip and the CD center. Also want to split a CD w/ a .22
    Speaking of paint ball, using a flatline barrel open up a whole new arena to shooting trick shots for me when I was into paintball.

For those that don't know a flatline is a barrel with a curve to it, it makes the paintball shoot a flatter trajectory by giving it backspin. The backspin gave it "lift" as it flew. A trick using the flatline to get someboby behind an obstacle was to turn the gun sideways, towards the obstacle/target. You aim high and away from the obstacle, and when you shooting the natural drop will bring the ball down to the right elevation, and the spin drift will make the ball act like a curveball and come in from the side.

With adjustable velocity you could also control the curvature of the trajectory. That was some fun "trick shooting".

Opponents would be like, WTH? You had to cheat somehow, I was completely behind that obstacle. I didn't cheat, just used my resources throw in a "curveball".

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    All I know is that it is not good to shoot small birds off of telephone wires with a .22! Happened 20 yrs ago and the cables are still frayed!

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    mine is also not a trick shot, but i hit an empty gatorade bottle with my ak 47 from about 20 yards or so...it popped up about 25 of 30 feet in the air!! i could have ran down range and caught it, thats how high it went!

JohnnyTre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Jasper County
    Not much of a trick shot but satisfying nonetheless. I was at the range shooting with a group of people from school, some friends some not. There was a guy there that I didn't get along with and vice versa. I let him shoot my Taurus PT-945 at a clay set on the 25 yard range. After firing an 8 round magazine he told me in a very condescending tone, "I dont like it, you can't hit anything with it." I took the pistol back put 3 rounds in the mag took aim and busted the clay on the first shot. I looked at him and told him, "Seems to work fine for me." He just walked away.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Back when I was 14 my brothers and I were in Virginia on our grandparents farm. We walked down to the intercoastal waterway and my older brother tossed a lightbulb in the river. They shot at it with a Glenfield 60 for about 5 minutes and it didn't break. It got far enough away they stopped shooting and finally let me try. I hit it on the 1st shot with open sights. Still got that rifle. :rockwoot:

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Speaking of paint ball, using a flatline barrel open up a whole new arena to shooting trick shots for me when I was into paintball.

For those that don't know a flatline is a barrel with a curve to it, it makes the paintball shoot a flatter trajectory by giving it backspin. The backspin gave it "lift" as it flew. A trick using the flatline to get someboby behind an obstacle was to turn the gun sideways, towards the obstacle/target. You aim high and away from the obstacle, and when you shooting the natural drop will bring the ball down to the right elevation, and the spin drift will make the ball act like a curveball and come in from the side.

With adjustable velocity you could also control the curvature of the trajectory. That was some fun "trick shooting".

Opponents would be like, WTH? You had to cheat somehow, I was completely behind that obstacle. I didn't cheat, just used my resources throw in a "curveball".
    I want to see video of that

my personal one is basically almost(.1 off) hole in hole at 50yds with a .22 cz452. Now heres the thing to most its easily but even with a scope i cant make out the target besides the big black dot which is the 1 ring. So basically it was all muscle memory on a bolt action. I can also do 1.5in groups pretty much blindfolded with that rifle with no support.

Top Bottom