• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What I want is for mouse to give up that Commander he has. That has it all plus some mouse lovin. ;)
    Truth be told any and everything is for sale.
    The next truth is how much someone is willing to part with.

I have been making a list of what is in the safe and what I have invested in them.

Top tip......Never ever do that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not sure if this is the right spot for this question but..
    Does anyone have any experience with the cylinder and Slide "drop in trigger sets" I know drop in may or may not drop in.. But for a 1911 novice that wants to learn more it seems like a option.
    Nighthawk also has one that is sort of like a AR Timmey trigger. A little pricy though. The Cylinder and Slide kit is like a little over a hundred bucks. Comes with sear, disconector, and main spring
    Yes.
    I have used them but you must be aware that nothing is an absolute with a firearm.

We did a work shop at AllenM's last year and several attendee's had these kits. For the most part yes they dropped into the frame and worked well enough.
    I think there was an issue in 1 or more guns but depending on what you are starting out with. A Springer/Ruger/Colt will most likely be very happy when you get done installing one of these kits.
    Follow the directions to the letter.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Yes.
    I have used them but you must be aware that nothing is an absolute with a firearm.

We did a work shop at AllenM's last year and several attendee's had these kits. For the most part yes they dropped into the frame and worked well enough.
    I think there was an issue in 1 or more guns but depending on what you are starting out with. A Springer/Ruger/Colt will most likely be very happy when you get done installing one of these kits.
    Follow the directions to the letter.
    Thanks. I'm looking to put one in a Ronin 4.25.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks. I'm looking to put one in a Ronin 4.25.
    That should be a really positive up-grade.

In this even with 1 of those kits I address it as I would any aftermarket parts just because my MO is just that. I jig up the bits and get out the fancy stones. There is a certain Zen attained doing this. And yes, there is a noticeable improvement when done.

Follow the directions. Perform every safety test more than once OK.
    Hammer follow is a bitch and going full Auto is scary. Fun but not the 1st time.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I love these things. Not a 'true' 1911 to my way of thinking, especially being 357 sig, but I want one - Oh, wait - already did that :cool:

Sweet shooter, fast and flat. VERY few aftermarket parts will fit 60a0c3ba60487081196e93fbeb7404ff.jpg

Edit:Trying to post picture (internet pic, not my gun) somehow got kicked off the system. Insufficient operator head space, I'm sure

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    That should be a really positive up-grade.

In this even with 1 of those kits I address it as I would any aftermarket parts just because my MO is just that. I jig up the bits and get out the fancy stones. There is a certain Zen attained doing this. And yes, there is a noticeable improvement when done.

Follow the directions. Perform every safety test more than once OK.
    Hammer follow is a bitch and going full Auto is scary. Fun but not the 1st time.
    Will do. Yea the factory trigger is OK.
    Just want to jazz it up a bit. I put a Ed brown mag well and some wilson grips on so far. It. Just working my way up to building something from a bare frame and slide. It just fun.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    9mm/10//45ACP/38 super/357 heck man pick your poison.
    Available in 40 S&W, too. Almost bought a Sig match elite in 40 at a gun show, but it was a cash sale and I couldn't get enough out of the ATM because I have the limits set low. Lesson learned, now I carry more cash to start with

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Truth be told any and everything is for sale.
    The next truth is how much someone is willing to part with.

I have been making a list of what is in the safe and what I have invested in them.

Top tip......Never ever do that.
    And the most important part of this PSA... NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.. let your other half see that list with the numbers on it!

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    After 4 year getting a mechanical engineering degree and about 10 years post degree working in various fields.
    I roll my own 1911 when I can. Yes I know it’s a kimber, (but only in frame) Truth be told. Get a good frame, with knowledge, parts and cash... you can make any of them your perfect 1911.
    My perfect one has sentimental value as well, and took an international family relationship to send me a piece of wood from a machine my grandfather installed in 1972 in Mumbai. Oh and a hard to see 1 piece Ed brown magwell (snakeskin rear grip)

CEF30B01-E6BD-44CA-9C63-EBE44B41CD04.jpeg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I love these things. Not a 'true' 1911 to my way of thinking, especially being 357 sig, but I want one - Oh, wait - already did that :cool:

Sweet shooter, fast and flat. VERY few aftermarket parts will fit View attachment 134988

Edit:Trying to post picture (internet pic, not my gun) somehow got kicked off the system. Insufficient operator head space, I'm sure
    So are blasphemas abot a railed 1911 yet you post a pic of one with the hidious external extractor.....:faint:

Top Bottom