• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, the LPIN met and have had their convention and the candidates for offices have been chosen. You do have more than a two way choice.
    I'll happily cast a vote for Rupert for governor and Chard Reid in the 5th district. Andy Horning will be a good choice in the senatorial race, too. I'm pretty pleased with the choices I have from the LP this go around. Now I just have to wait till the national to see who the presidential candidate will be. Here's hoping Johnson gets it.

http://lpin.org/2012/03/24/for-imme...na-elects-candidates-for-2012-election-cycle/

The following candidates are the Libertarian Party of Indiana Nominees for 2012:

• Governor: Rupert Boneham
    • Lt. Governor: Brad Klopfenstein
    • U.S. Senate: Andrew Horning
    • Congressional District 4: Joe Bowman
    • Congressional District 5: Chard Reid
    • Congressional District 6: Rex Bell
    • Congressional District 7: Jason Sharp
    • Congressional District 8: Bart Gadau
    The LPIN also nominated nine State House candidates:

• James Rainwater, District 28
    • Jeremiah Morrell, District 54
    • Mark Brim, District 56
    • Paul Bravard, District 57
    • Al Cox, District 65
    • Alexander Avery, District 81
    • James Hanson, District 84
    • Fred Peterson, District 87
    • James Nease, District 89
    Jeffrey Knoop was nominated for Marion County superior court judge.

The Libertarian Party of Indiana also held a Presidential debate and straw poll. Former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson won this straw poll with 87% of the vote.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Your candidates perhaps. Not mine. One has to pause to consider the decision-making processes that must occur in the mind that would vote for Rupert Boneham over Mike Pence for Governor of Indiana. It's indeed an interesting world out there....

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Let's see....Rupert is a successful businessman. Pence is a career politician. Rupert has run a charity for at risk youth for years now. Pence has passed laws to imprison at risk youth and make them into career criminals. Rupert is a libertarian with a philosophy based on liberty. Pence is a big government, drug warrior, war lovin' man of the machine. I'll take Rupert as my candidiate over Pence any day. You're free to vote for whomever you please. That's the beauty of our system. The other candidates are just as good. Especially in the 5th.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    More important, how do you think it will work out for Johnson considering that Obama and any realistic winner in GOPland make you ask, "You've got to be joking, right?" I don't know if he has a real chance, but would speculate that if a Lib is going to win a presidential election, this is the time.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know if he has a real chance, but would speculate that if a Lib is going to win a presidential election, this is the time.

He has no chance. He couldn't move the needle in the republican primaries. He may win the votes of the libertarian-or-die voters and a few legalize-marijuana voters, but that will be it. This will not be the time.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    He has no chance. He couldn't move the needle in the republican primaries. He may win the votes of the libertarian-or-die voters and a few legalize-marijuana voters, but that will be it. This will not be the time.

I don't doubt that you are right. I was making a very conditional statement. The only thing that could change this is a huge outpouring of disgust from both sides come November, which is more likely this time in my reckoning, but still my intention was to express it in terms that a 5% chance is greater than a 1% chance. Still, this is most likely going to be the year if it is ever going to happen.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't doubt that you are right. I was making a very conditional statement. The only thing that could change this is a huge outpouring of disgust from both sides come November, which is more likely this time in my reckoning, but still my intention was to express it in terms that a 5% chance is greater than a 1% chance. Still, this is most likely going to be the year if it is ever going to happen.

I could be wrong...I often am, about many things:) but this could be the time when a libertarian candidate actually hurts the democratic incumbent more so than the republican candidate. Im inclined to think the "throw Obama out" vote will be somewhat more solid and motivated than the reelect obama vote. It's too bad the republicans are so inept that they cannot bring somebody in for what should be a slam dunk election.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I could be wrong...I often am, about many things:) but this could be the time when a libertarian candidate actually hurts the democratic incumbent more so than the republican candidate. Im inclined to think the "throw Obama out" vote will be somewhat more solid and motivated than the reelect obama vote. It's too bad the republicans are so inept that they cannot bring somebody in for what should be a slam dunk election.

:yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Your candidates perhaps. Not mine. One has to pause to consider the decision-making processes that must occur in the mind that would vote for Rupert Boneham over Mike Pence for Governor of Indiana. It's indeed an interesting world out there....

Who are your Libertarian party candidates?

#fapfapfap

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Rupert Boneham for Governor? Is this for real? And people wonder why the Libertarian Party is not taken seriously. Good grief.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Rupert Boneham for Governor? Is this for real? And people wonder why the Libertarian Party is not taken seriously. Good grief.

Can I take you seriously if you haven't even taken 30 seconds to review Rupert's political beliefs?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

Saw this on the news tonight and mentioned that this would elicit comments on how the Libertarian party should not be taken seriously.

Leaving party aside, what do you know about Rupert other than he has long hair, a bushy beard, and prefers tie-dyed clothing?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    From Rupert's web site:

My stance is that it should be Safe, Legal, Rare and Privately Funded.

I have several litmus tests for candidates and their position on abortion is an important one for me...you know that "LIFE, liberty, and pursuit of happiness..." thing. If a person will not stand for life for the unborn, how can he truely stand for liberty for everybody else? So I will not be able to vote for Rupert.

Top Bottom