• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I tried Cafe Bustelo coffee because I like darker roasts. Full strength is awful. But its quite lovely when I use 1/4 of the normal amount so I'll get 4x as much coffee out of the bag. Nice.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I’m waiting at a Doc appointment, and I had to restart my phone to get to INGO. Thankfully text was working, because it’s a new phone and I had to text my wife and ask how you turn it off and back on again.

Edit: then talk to text completely dorked up what I said and I had to edit the post.
    1661989018392.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    But its quite lovely
    "quite lovely"? You reminded me of this girl from Australia that came up to visit back in 2000. I took her to the Longacre Tavern for lunch one day and she got a cheeseburger. The cook, a big burly guy (it's a biker bar after all) came out and asked if everything was okay. She said to him, "Oh, this is just lovely!" in her Aussie accent.

I looked at him and said, "Now when was the last time someone said your burger was 'lovely'?" He looked at me and said, "Never! I kinda like it!" :):

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    "quite lovely"? You reminded me of this girl from Australia that came up to visit back in 2000. I took her to the Longacre Tavern for lunch one day and she got a cheeseburger. The cook, a big burly guy (it's a biker bar after all) came out and asked if everything was okay. She said to him, "Oh, this is just lovely!" in her Aussie accent.

I looked at him and said, "Now when was the last time someone said your burger was 'lovely'?" He looked at me and said, "Never! I kinda like it!" :):
    But was she cute? :dunno:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    The only good way to make great coffee. When filled with fresh ground 100% whole Kona bean, it's amazing.
    No other method of making coffee that I know of brings out the flavors and fruity notes so well. I tasted flavors I never knew existed in coffee until I tried this way. You can actually taste the subtle differences in various varieties - Kona, Sumatra, Kenya AA, Jamaica Blue mountain are all very distinct (yeah, coffee snob here. I've drank enough crude oil from the office machine to allow myself this one little premium perk in life).
    1661990898228.png

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The only good way to make great coffee. When filled with fresh ground 100% whole Kona bean, it's amazing.
    No other method of making coffee that I know of brings out the flavors and fruity notes so well. I tasted flavors I never knew existed in coffee until I tried this way. You can actually taste the subtle differences in various varieties - Kona, Sumatra, Kenya AA, Jamaica Blue mountain are all very distinct (yeah, coffee snob here. I've drank enough crude oil from the office machine to allow myself this one little premium perk in life).
    View attachment 221130
    But have you tried Kopi Luwak yet? Then you'll truly be a coffee snob. :):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    View attachment 221130
    Yeah, I got tired of the Weak mud and now have a unit in my office. It’s a $20 4 cup that you can also direct brew into a travel mug. No k cups because they are expensive, and the reusable pods are messy AF. I’ve got a 2L mini wastebasket with a lid that I drop the used filters into And empty weekly.
    best $20 I’ve spent in a while.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    View attachment 221130
    Where can I get one of these fancy things? Gotta link?

Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    View attachment 221130
    And what is it called and where do you get it, besides Amazon?

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Where can I get one of these fancy things? Gotta link?
    It's just a French Coffee press. The more expensive ones have finer filter screens for little to no grounds sediment. Even a cheap one will give good results if used properly but need careful decanting for a good experience.

I use a relatively coarse grind and let it steep a little longer - I do 4-6 minutes depending on how strong you want it and how coarse it is. I does take a couple practice runs to perfect to your taste, but the results speak for themselves.

The Walmart in Cannelton might have them in stock.

https://www.walmart.com/search?q=coffee press&typeahead=coffee press

https://www.amazon.com/french-press-coffee/s?k=french+press+coffee

https://www.worldmarket.com/search.do?query=french+press

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    It's just a French Coffee press. The more expensive ones have finer filter screens for little to no grounds sediment. Even a cheap one will give good results if used properly but need careful decanting for a good experience.

I use a relatively coarse grind and let it steep a little longer - I do 4-6 minutes depending on how strong you want it and how coarse it is. I does take a couple practice runs to perfect to your taste, but the results speak for themselves.

The Walmart in Cannelton might have them in stock.

https://www.walmart.com/search?q=coffee press&typeahead=coffee press

https://www.amazon.com/french-press-coffee/s?k=french+press+coffee

https://www.worldmarket.com/search.do?query=french+press
    Awesome thank you. It's time to up my coffee game. :cool:

Top Bottom