You walk into a retail chain store. You take your items to the cashier. The cashier is sitting on a stool...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Does this affect your opinion of the establishment? Whether it's a chain with 10 checkout lanes open like Walmart, or a chain like Petco where 1 or 2 lanes out of 3 may be open, would you form an opinion based on the cashier having a place to sit? Presume they would be off the seat and active while assisting you, as needed.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yes and no. An older person, I wouldn’t mind. One of these younger kids who are on their phones at work 90% of the day and has no customer service, HELL YES. Go help bag if you don’t have anyone at your register. Time to learn the meaning of a hard days work and the value of a dollar, no more handouts and participation trophies.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    A couple of recent drive thru experiences....

Went through for a drink and a snack...tab was $2.81. I gave the cashier $3.01. Then I waited for a few minutes while panic engulfed the cashier. The cashier ended up punching around on a phone and handed me .26 in change.

Same place another day.....tab was $4.02. I gave the cashier $5.02. Cashier gave me a receipt with no change and as soon as it was handed to me said, "Oh". Made an attempt to open the drawer. Must be locked out sans a new order coming in. Pulled out his wallet, gave me a single, and said "thank you".

Which one of the two would you rather have as a customer?

Which one of the two would you rather have as an employee?

Which one of the two do you think has a greater likelihood of being successful in life?

I do not know if one or either was on a stool.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Some interesting replies so far. One of my daughters is currently working retail in a smaller franchise, and they won't provide stools because they either feel or think (I lean toward feel) that giving cashiers a place to sit would reduce productivity and/or present a "bad image". Maybe it will for some people, if you are a competent manager, it shouldn't be a problem.

My daughter has health problems, but works really hard, like crazy hard, but it would be nice for her to have a place to sit when she needs to. She doesn't often need to, but when she does need to, she really needs to.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yeah, wouldn't bother me at all. Lots of people sit down and do their job. The service provided and friendliness is what I am more concerned with. The friendliness isn't all that important to me. I mean after all they are at work, and who hasn't been pissed at work before.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Honestly, I forgot all about the cashiers at Aldi. I guess it doesn’t really have much impact on the production, but probably does on employee happiness. And, I’m not sure I’ve ever took notice of it enough to even register having seen it. I still think kids on their damn phones at work is a problem. We hired a couple for the summer and they’re gonna have arthritis when they’re 25.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I don't care if they're sitting or standing as long as it doesn't interfere with their job. I sit all day long at my job and they make a lot less and deal with a lot of other crap I don't (or at least haven't since I past jobs running a register), sore feet doesn't need to be added.

Top Bottom