• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Guy gets robbed at gunpoint while patrons laugh and restaraunt continues taking orders. He gives no resistance but is shot. Then he is refused shelter while he bleeds:

Video clip shows girls laughing during shooting (Video Included)

Two girls leaned casually against the wall of a Baltimore Chinese food carryout.
    When two robbers burst into the store, sticking guns to a customer’s head, the girls didn’t shriek. They didn’t cry in fear. Instead, they laughed during the holdup before a man was shot.
    It’s a short video clip, obtained exclusively by The Examiner, that has outraged prosecutors, judges and even Baltimore’s mayor.

“[The victim] is left crumpled on the floor of the carryout, bleeding,” prosecutor Jen Rallo said at a Dec. 1 court hearing in which she played the video for Baltimore Circuit Judge Shirley Watts.
    “He is left to live or die on his own. ... No one helps [him],” Rallo said. “He is in pain. He asks to go behind the counter because he is afraid these individuals will return and shoot him again. And the store actually continues serving customers as [the victim] is bleeding on the floor.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=274bkn7vkO8]YouTube - laughingbystanders.mov[/ame]

Of course it was done by two wayward youths who cannot be held accountable for their actions despite a record of drug dealing:

Brown’s attorney Lewyn Garrett said his client should be tried as a juvenile, keeping with a recommendation from court medical services. He said Brown suffers from lead poisoning and has a learning disability. He added that his client is 5 feet 9 inches, not 5 feet 6 inches as stated in the police report.
    “He’s clearly not 5-foot-6,” Garrett said. “They can’t show a picture of Shaq and say, ‘Well, Darren Brown is Shaq.’ ”
    Garrett also complained that prosecutors have not turned over the names of their witnesses to him, calling them “phantom” witnesses.
    “Mr. Space Ghost saw Mr. Brown shoot this person,” he said. “Well, I don’t believe there is a Mr. Space Ghost.”
    But Rallo argued that Brown’s admitted full-time job — drug-dealing — shows he’s acting as an adult.
    “He was selling drugs, making $200 a day,” Rallo said.

In any event, anyone who expects help from bystanders may simply get laughter instead!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Sickening. Can you imagine the lack of humanity it would take to laugh at someone as they are being robbed and shot? Can you imagine ordering your food while someone writhed on the floor covered in blood?

What the hell is happening to society? This kind of situation illustrates an underlying problem and sickness that I fear is spreading.

Think about it. Imagine being shot and people either laughing at you or just going about their business and rendering no aid.

Sorry for the rant... the video just disturbed me.

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    That's a disgrace

I'm going to pass on the video because I'll just get upset and further disappointed in "humanity". Karma is a *$#)* though.

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    Two phrases I like here are "Lack of Humanity" and "Animals" the two of you hit it on the head. My wife gets mad at me when we talk about a vacation destination because I totally refuse to visit large cities such as New York, Chicago and few others, I even get a bit nervous visiting parts of Indianapolis. I perfer to stick with a destination where I do not have to depend on the local authorities to protect me and my family.
    Besides I believe the inner cities have become a cesspool and if necessary we that live on the outside of this must be prepared to join together to protect ourselves!
    Remember only the police are required to read them their miranda rights before justice can be applied!

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    I think this is a very clear and present sign of the times. It is an indicator of where our society is going. I would liked to have said oh this is an isolated incident some where in gang land USA or other descriptive of inner-city life. Unfortunately this happens more and more. The legal system in an attempt to regulate morality makes laws to force the morality of the good Samaritan. It is Sad and the fact is that this kind of indicator has been increasing of the years and people whine about it for a few hours on TV and then go back to the same old way of doing things that perpetuates the actions of these situations. How we treat others and how we raise our children are major factors, in where our society is going. Until we realize that no Alien is going to come so that we as humanity will band together, Humans will continue to degrade.

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I'm sure those 2 were legal, law abiding citizens, who bought their firearms from a respected dealer, and if there were tougher gun laws in place, that would have never happened.

Oh wait, wrong video...... Yeah, they are animals.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't like to blame violent imagery in movies, on television, and in video games for violent actions of people, but I can't help but think that such influences over time are desensitizing people (especially young people) to real-life violence.

I don't play video games, but I watch a lot of action movies and television shows. The difference between me (and most of us) and the people who no longer respond logically to violence is that I (we) have a strong moral and ethical foundation underneath. The external input from entertainment and the mass media isn't as likely to change us on a fundamental level.

The bad influences of society are able to affect people only if they have no core of proper morals and ethics to guide them. Sadly, that's becoming the case all too often. Part of it is that I don't think their brains process the images in real ife and send any kind of "this is wrong!" alert, and part is that they are so egocentric and narcissistic that they just don't care about anyone but themselves.

I think it's only going to get worse too.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I don't think this is society's fault for leaving them behind, an issue of poverty, or them being desensitizing by violent TV either.

I think the American father is dead in this culture.

I recently did a clinical at a methadone clinic in Gary and I learned alot. This type of behavior is condoned because they are "have nots". Now nevermind the fact that they don't have jobs, it is hard to get a job in the city. The economy is dead there. The inner cities have robbed themselves until the business left. They don't want to sleep in the bed they have made.

I had 3 people in therapy of 8 that "allegedly" had means all over Gary. I learned that "having means" ment 200-300 minors selling for them. Some had 15 children that they didn't know. Mothers collecting HUGE welfare checks and a couple bucks here and there from the fathers.

I have begun to digress. Here in NWI a 40 minute drive takes you from crime in Gary to cornfields in Demotte. I think I'll stay here. And I now ignore all "no firearms" signs.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    The girls were probably high and/or knew the shooters.

Probably not the first time they've witnessed that sort of action. Probably not a rare event in their locality. Business as usual.

Not excusing it, just saying that is how I see it.

I sure somehow it will end up being the fault of the guns. :rolleyes:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't like to blame violent imagery in movies, on television, and in video games for violent actions of people, but I can't help but think that such influences over time are desensitizing people (especially young people) to real-life violence.

I don't play video games, but I watch a lot of action movies and television shows. The difference between me (and most of us) and the people who no longer respond logically to violence is that I (we) have a strong moral and ethical foundation underneath. The external input from entertainment and the mass media isn't as likely to change us on a fundamental level.

The bad influences of society are able to affect people only if they have no core of proper morals and ethics to guide them. Sadly, that's becoming the case all too often. Part of it is that I don't think their brains process the images in real ife and send any kind of "this is wrong!" alert, and part is that they are so egocentric and narcissistic that they just don't care about anyone but themselves.

I have played violent video games since I was 8(atari..remember those lol?)and still play such games on occasion.I also watch action and horror movies on a regular basis. At no point in my entire life has it ever seemed real nor did it desensitize me.I recieved my first rifle(a bolt action 22)at 11. Carried a shootgun in my truck window while going to high school(Indian Creek). Served in the military.Proper influence has almost nothing to do with tv,movies,video games. It is 80% your parents and 20% who you choose as friends. I do not want to rant but it really ticks me off when someone says "oh it is the medias fault". It is not and never has been,never will be either.

ODXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    The girls knew the people that were robbing him I would say, so they didnt take it seriously, then when the Sh*t HTF they freaked and left, It wasnt so funny then.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Agree with you smokingman. It's not the media at fault. It's PARENTING in general. I've been playting video games since age 8 (30s now) and that did not affect me. My mom still gets a "Yes Mam" or "Mom" out of me and does my dad. Never called them by their first name. Every older peerson than me also gets the Yes Sir/Mam from me as well. LORD knows if my mom/dad caught me saying anything else I'll still get slapped acorss the head (even though i'm married and have my own kids).

They taught us respect and what was good and bad and religion. Hating going to mass and sundays and still do (too early to wake up) but religion (any kind) does help give a solid foundation to morality or lack there of.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have played violent video games since I was 8(atari..remember those lol?)and still play such games on occasion.I also watch action and horror movies on a regular basis. At no point in my entire life has it ever seemed real nor did it desensitize me.I recieved my first rifle(a bolt action 22)at 11. Carried a shootgun in my truck window while going to high school(Indian Creek). Served in the military.Proper influence has almost nothing to do with tv,movies,video games. It is 80% your parents and 20% who you choose as friends. I do not want to rant but it really ticks me off when someone says "oh it is the medias fault". It is not and never has been,never will be either.

Did you read all of what I actually wrote, or just the parts that made your knee jerk and offended you?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

For those who missed my point for whatever reasons, it's directly related to lack of good parenting and other positive adult role models. Parents and other adults in the family, including family friends, are what provide a child and young adult with the foundation to which I referred above. I didn't think I needed to state that explicitly, but now I have.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    ...I do not want to rant but it really ticks me off when someone says "oh it is the medias fault". It is not and never has been,never will be either.

Of course parenting is to blame. But I'm with Rhino. Young girls constantly seeing very little but whores on TV, and young boys constantly seeing people murder without remorse on TV... those are not good influences. Of course the media aren't solely to blame. But if kids are given no supervision... no spiritual grounding... no example of respect for others... then they're going to emulate what they see in the media.

:twocents:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Of course parenting is to blame. But I'm with Rhino. Young girls constantly seeing very little but whores on TV

Of course when there is money to be made on the deal:

My First Stripper Pole For 8-10 Year Olds

poledance_228x433.jpg

Don't get me started on the padded bras on sale for 6 year olds!

Breast-enhancing added bras for girls as young as six are being sold in Victorian shops.
    ...Tiny matching lingerie sets of lacy bras and knickers in many children's brands including Bratz, Saddle Club and Barbie, have hit the shelves aimed at girls who are barely old enough for school.

The Herald Sun last week revealed the latest Bratz Babyz range included sexually provocative baby dolls dressed in leather and lingerie.

The padded Bratz "bralettes" were among more than 30 different junior bra styles starting at size six on sale at a city Target store visited by the Herald Sun yesterday.

...Bratz distributor Funtastic defended the range.

"The idea of the padding is for girls to be discreet as they develop," a spokeswoman said.

My kids learned early and still get to learn the concept of modesty. I once had a teacher pull my wife aside and thank her for giving her one kid the class who was modestly dressed. And they do push back. Last week my 6 year old tried to tell me that she did not need to wear shorts under a skirt that did not reach her knees because it would "look stupid". I thanked her for the info and asked her to go and get a tape measure. "Why?!" I let her know that once I knew what the measurement of the skirt was, I would be going up to her room to find all her other dresses and skirts of the same length and would promptly burn them on the front lawn as a way to remind her that modesty always trumps fashion.

She managed to quickly run up the stairs and find shorts.

Top Bottom