• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Camper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Hamilton Co resident also here. My job has me driving around the county a lot and I see them all the time in the evening/night. Fishers, Carmel, Noblesville, Westfield, you name it. They are all over whether you see them or not. Not that big of a deal really. Like mentioned above, they would rather avoid us.
    With that said though, literally 5 minutes before reading this thread I just saw two of them in Anderson near 53rd and MLK in broad daylight.

Last edited:

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Right now is the easiest time to kill a coyote. It's mating season. Forget about rabbit food calls and go for the female howls. They want sex not as much food right now.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well the last few days, I've seen the tracks, but no yotes. Today, I get home from work, and my wife tells me she saw two within 30' from our back sliding door at 10:30am. Naturally, our dogs went complete ape ****. She cracked the door a little so the yotes could hear our dogs, but they didn't even move. I'm thinking they are using our hardscape and a pine tree for cover. I hope they are not trying to den there. I'm not really sure how they go about that, but that would not be good. I called the animal control here in Westfield (which are the police), they told me to call DNR. DNR told me that I can trap them (I'm assuming that since I'm in city limits, I cannot shoot), but I have no idea about how to start. I think there are some INGOers that trap, so if you want to come trap some yotes, please pm me. I'm not opening up my property to anyone. I want to get someone with experience to either help me, or just get them. I don't care, I just want them gone before I have a situation with yotes and my dogs.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Had one walking through my back yard Sunday morning (Feb 2) just east and north of 146th and Spring Mill. Tracks all over the snow.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    This is why you need a .25 or bigger pellet rifle. No noise, no paperwork, dead coyote.

There are semi-automatic 9mm pellet rifles out there now that develop as much energy as a 38 special. You can buy them mail order and shiped dirrect to your door.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ......... DNR told me that I can trap them (I'm assuming that since I'm in city limits, I cannot shoot), but I have no idea about how to start..........

Leave an Acme catalog out in plain sight and let nature take it's course.

acme_catalog_cover_by_bjnix248-d3bfljx.jpg

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Was going to take care of a service call in Marion at the beginning of last week and was on the bridge going over the mississienewa and saw a pack of yotes running down the middle of the frozen river.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'm a little farther south than where they're being spotted but our dog is always accompanied outside. I might have to look into a pellet gun or at least something quieter than a firearm. We are in city limits.

Meyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    I am slightly NE of 161st and springmill. They are in my backyard all the time. Took my dog for a walk around 7pm a few weeks ago... we were not alone :O Last time for that, at least that late in the evening.

Top Bottom