Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Scores were complete at the year end awards ceremony, and have been uploaded to USPSA. I sent an email to our list with the results as well. If you are not receiving my email and would like to let me know via email and I will add you to the list.

mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    Just wanted to quickly say "thanks" to all who setup this match. I learned what I need to really work on as well as had a very good time. Its nice to start to see familiar faces from other matches in different locations and not totally be the new guy.

I'm wondering though, from a point and scoring perspective if there is a disadvantage to shooting 9mm. I've been reading the USPSA rulebook and I didn't see any scoring related to power/division. Maybe I'm missing it.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    It depends are you shooting production or limited or singlestack? Production is scored all minor no matter of the cal. Limited, single stack, L10 you'll be scored as minor if you shoot 9mm. 40 and 45 are scored as major power factor if your load meets the right specifications which is power factor of 165 or higher. Which is speed multiplied by weight divided by 1000 if your load comes in under 165 you are scored at minor. Open gunners mostly run major but that is a different animal alltogether. uspsa rule book appendix D should help a little

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Here's a good littel video that breaks scoring down:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUBMJT9cGPI]YouTube - So ya wanna shoot USPSA? HIT FACTOR[/ame]

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just wanted to quickly say "thanks" to all who setup this match. I learned what I need to really work on as well as had a very good time. Its nice to start to see familiar faces from other matches in different locations and not totally be the new guy.

I'm wondering though, from a point and scoring perspective if there is a disadvantage to shooting 9mm. I've been reading the USPSA rulebook and I didn't see any scoring related to power/division. Maybe I'm missing it.

If you shoot all A's, it isn't an issue. ;)

The problem when shooting Minor power factor against those shooting Major (most often in Limited, Open, and Limited 10) is when you have C hits. In Minor scoring, a C is worth only 3 points. In Major, a C is worth 4 pts. The question really is this - can you shoot your C's faster than the guy shooting Major? Here's an illustration on a 60 pt classifier shot in:

Major - 9 A's, 3 C's = 57 pts in 5.00 seconds = 11.4000 hit factor
    Minor - 9 A's, 3 C's = 54 pts - you have to shoot the same thing in 4.74 seconds to have the exact same hit factor.

It may not sound like a lot, but it adds up the slower you are (e.g. if the Major guys shoots it 8, the minor has to do it in 7.58).

The only guy I know of at the top in Limited who shoots minor on a regular basis is Paul Clark, Jr. and I think that was reserved mostly/entirely for club matches. The general consensus is Minor in Limited isn't worth it. I'm sure the same is true for Open.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Does any of this matter in Production class?

No. All guns are scored Minor (unless you don't make the min PF, then you shoot for no score.).

Ryan Z shot Limited Minor the other day and finished 3rd. He's pretty accurate and fast

True. But, if he would have shot Major and everything else remained the same (hits & time), he would have gained 21.9586 match points and he would have finished at 99.32% of the Limited match winner. How much is one or more places in the match finish worth to you at a club match? At a major match?

gh2

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Does any of this matter in Production class?

I may be wrong here but if your new to the sport the short answer is NO !
    Enjoy the shooting, the people, and the experience. Don't complicate it! Just shoot.

If you find your having fun, but can't wait for the next match to beat, (insert name of choice), ask questions, think about the answers, and learn:rockwoot:It can get complicated early on but it doesn't have to be to enjoy it. If you choose to improve, I'm sure you can,,,,,,,,,,,,, and will.

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    Another great match Coach. Had a little challenge with a FTE on one stage (first time that's ever happened), but overall shot reasonably well. Gotta find some winter matches down south now!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I thought thats how production was scored, which is why I was never concerned about PF/HF/major/minor ;)

thanks guys!

Top Bottom