Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Does anyone coming to shoot this match have 1 or 2 extra S&W M&P 9 MM Mags that I could borrow for the day. Or, if you have any to sale, I would be interested in purchasing for a reasonable price. Thanks!

send me an email saturday and remind me. I will throw some in the bag.

mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    Looks like I get to make the long journey out there as well. I just got my fifth mag today so I can shoot production. Unfortunately I am getting used to having to plan less using high cap mags. I only have two double mag holders though. Will I be allowed to start with the first mag in my pocket?

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Looks like I get to make the long journey out there as well. I just got my fifth mag today so I can shoot production. Unfortunately I am getting used to having to plan less using high cap mags. I only have two double mag holders though. Will I be allowed to start with the first mag in my pocket?

You can load your first mag out of your pocket for the start, But all others have to come from your belt. Unless otherwise listed in the stage description. You can use them out of your back pocket. But Im sure if you ask someone has an extra one you can borrow

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You can load your first mag out of your pocket for the start, But all others have to come from your belt. Unless otherwise listed in the stage description. You can use them out of your back pocket. But Im sure if you ask someone has an extra one you can borrow

Why can't he use his pockets for more than one mag? What about people who shoot without any mag pouches on their belt?

5.2.4 During the course of fire, after the start signal, unless stipulated otherwise
    in the stage procedure, spare ammunition, magazines and/or speed
    loading devices shall be carried in retention devices attached to the
    competitor's belt and specifically designed for that purpose. Unless
    specifically prohibited in the Written Stage Briefing, a competitor may
    also carry additional magazines or speed loading devices in apparel
    pocket(s) and retrieve and use them without penalty, providing that the
    location of the apparel pocket does not violate the requirements of
    Appendix D, Item 12 (subject to the provisions of Rule 6.2.5.1).

Last edited:

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana

I got paddle mag pouches u can use. They may be a lil loose but for what we do it'll work. I'll throw in the bag for ya.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    He can use his back pockets. But I think production they have to be behind the hip bone. yes or no. If so, no front pocket. Except first mag at make ready. Thats the way I take it. I didnt mean to sound like he couldnt. It would just be alot easier from a pouch. Also being a new shooter we would give him alot of room on those types of things anyway. Im just saying. And no I dont have the rule book in front of me to check. And I do not remember seeing anybody that did not have at least one mag pouch

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Had some good help today at the range and it is appreciated. Yes things are looking good out there and the work should be done tomorrow.

Top Bottom