• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    It's just the way our society has become. They have been trained to complain long enough and loud enough and they will get their way. I work for a major (corporate) pet supply retailer on the northwest side of Indy and the crap we get thrown at us is unbelievable (not real crap, lol). We can have a policy very clearly printed on the receipt and still have a customer come in to get a return on an item that there is no return and no guarantee (saltwater fish in this case). Then, after being told there is no guarantee/return, they leave after giving us a sermon on how in this economy the customer should get whatever they want (this from a customer who claims to be a manager for another major retailer, of electronics). He then calls my store and talks to the same person (my general manager) who told him he had no return right to get HER boss's name and phone number. That would be our district manager. Who tells the customer we'll return the fish this time but not again. WTF?! Why not just back up your people and let pissy people go somewhere else? Because that's what society has come to.

indyac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Hancock County
    Oh no, it's spreading

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Customers at a New York City KFC hoping to redeem coupons for a free meal were disgruntled when the fast-food restaurant ran out of its new grilled chicken, but Internet rumors of a riot were unfounded, a Kentucky Fried Chicken spokeswoman said Wednesday.

"Some customers were upset because they couldn't get their chicken, but there was no riot," said Laurie Schalow.

Schalow said the Manhattan restaurant on East 42nd Street plans to begin honoring the coupons again Thursday after it resupplies the kitchen.
    The coupons were available on Oprah.com for 24 hours beginning Tuesday after Oprah announced the meal promotion on her show. Each downloadable coupon can be redeemed for two pieces of grilled chicken, two individual sides and a biscuit.

more at: KFC Denies Riot After Oprah Coupon Fiasco - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Teknickle said,

"I think everyone in that video clip felt entitled to something they didn't deserve and would expect some sort of handout or retribution. Look, it's a BUSINESSS! Vote with your fiat debt notes.
    If they do not want to eat there, then MOVE ON.
    It is hilarious that people demand Ruth's Chris service at a budget fast-food joint."

I respectfully disagree. You seem to be (correct me if I am wrong) focusing on the words "entitled", "deserve", and "handout".

I agree with those ideas being bad for government, to a degree.

You are correct in that this is a business. But not even attempting to keep your customers happy is lousy, lousy, lousy business practice.

You say "move on". You are 100% correct, and THAT is the problem. From a business owners view you do NOT WANT your customers to "move on". You want them happy and returning time and again.

I do not hold the idea that, "the customer is always right". I DO hold to the idea that "the customer always gets the benefit of the doubt".

If you are my customer and I screw up (for whatever reason) then you DESERVE and are ENTITLED TO the respect of an apology from me. Good business practice suggests that I make an attempt to make some a goodwill gesture so that you will not take your fiat debt notes elsewhere.

That is my point. What I myself may rail against for government practices does not necessarily apply to business practices, and vice-versa.

As an example look at our own WTS boards. Look at the negative feedback folks have received (rightfully so) for simply not applying good business practices, both as a buyer and a seller. Let's say I post "I'll take it" on someones WTS. Then, oops, I just run out of money and do nothing. The seller will get ticked off and I will get negative feedback that I have earned. Were I instead to bend over backwards and appologize, maintain good communication, explain my situation as to why I have run out of money and basically do everything I can to make the seller happy I may well be able to avoid negative feedback. Heck, just by working with the seller I may even work out some sort of payment deal and get postive feedback.

We should never confuse good practices or bad practices in one field with the same in any other field: federal govt, state govt, local govt, business, family, personal, etc.

Bottom line is: If you screw it up, clean it up. IF you can not clean it up try to make it right.

This manager did not do this. This manager earned massive bad publicity from the community he/she serves. This manager made NO attempt to earn goodwill from the community. Thus he/she should be fired for incompetence. I stand by my original post and hope this clarifies my position.

Respectfully,

Doug

GeronimoJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    I have to agree with Libertarian01 on the poor buisness practices. But just think what would these people do if there was a food shortage or crisis of some kind. yelling at the box is only going to make you look dumb.
    This is why I prep, I shudder at the thought of people suckleing at the teat of Big Brother.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    you people obviously don't understand the religious connection we develop with popeyes

When i moved here as a Kid we found out that Indy diddn't have popeyes and almost turned around and moved back.

Now they are moving into town and the nearest location is on east Washington street (yes i drive from n-ville to indy for fast food)

If this happened to me I prolly wouldn't yell but i would pull around and cry for a lil bit

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I can understand why they are upset...I know if my local grocery store ran out of wonder bread and mayo Id be pissed!

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    I couldn't help but notice that the loud-mouthed idiot that "can't feed her kids" because Popeye's ran out of chicken is driving a big-ass 13 mpg Ford Expedition. Somehow, I'm thinking that her brats won't starve to death because momma didn't save a couple of bucks on a chicken dinner. God forbid that professional victims like her ever face REAL poverty.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When their local Popeye's was out of chicken, they drove across town to another one?!?! Are you kidding me? Apparently these people don't work cause I sure as heck never have time to drive across hell's half acre just for fast food.

Wow. Just wow.

Yea, but that Popeye's is some really good chicken.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom