• ...and so much more!
  • infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    :runaway:

Some people just really like chicken, ya know?

It's funny how big this blows up. This is a shtf level 1. I think if something lever 4 happened, I wouldn't want to be around that area.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Having quite a few years in restaurant management, I can't believe that. Any time any crazy special has been offered, we start prepared.

That being said, I want some chicken now. Maybe the government will give me some for free because I'm out of money

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The spousal unit went to gas up a vehicle last night...
    gas station - out of gas. You want to see people flip their chit? Tell them there's no gas at the station.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    When their local Popeye's was out of chicken, they drove across town to another one?!?! Are you kidding me? Apparently these people don't work cause I sure as heck never have time to drive across hell's half acre just for fast food.

Wow. Just wow.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    i like KFC anyways...all that wasted gas and time, they could have afforded a $5.99 meal at KFC. unbelievable

I also like KFC, the KFC buffet in New Castle is a great lunch after a morning at Wilbur Wright shooting range. I can fry my own chicken or cook any other meal at home. Makes you wonder what people would do in a REAL emergency.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Popeye's with NO chicken!!!!
    Next, I suppose you're going to tell me that GM & Chrysler are going out of business, or that our Veterans are being considered threats to the U.S., or that we just doubled our deficit in just three months.

Geeez. I hope it's a hoax.:cool:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This video may be funny in a way, but it is also symbolic of why American business is loosing ground.

The manager of that Popeyes should be fired on the spot for incompetence!!!

I have never worked in the fast food business but it is obvious that if you are going to run a huge special you plan it and prepare for a big sale, so order appropriately larger amounts of supplies.

Of course you could still be overwhelmed, it happens. Even then when you see how fast things are selling you contact your supplier and order more ASAP. IF you cannot get it soon enough for customer satisfaction you take steps to keep your customers happy.

I think offering a free meal, or a 50% discount on their next visit would help mitigate the problem. Hell, even a free drink & fries or something for just showing up would have been better than whatever moron, idiot, incompetent manager put on a RECORDED MESSAGE with a little note!!!

What makes me mad about this is folks wonder why American companies loose jobs: Because we hire fools like this manager! We promote incompetence. We also have a culture where confrontation is avoided at ALL COSTS. Now I am far from advocating a fist fight over every little slight, but when you screw over the public the least a person of character can do is stand there and take the heat!

Ok, rant over...

Doug

PS - Do not forget that this Sunday is Mothers Day!

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    Like a lot of other guys on here, I can't stop thinking how some people would react in a real crisis. Keep as much stuff in your house as possible to avoid hitting the streets in a Katrina-type melt down. Guns are cool and all, but avoiding crowds in a riot is even better.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    ghunter: Ya know.... the lack of chicken at Popeye's may just be the catalyst that throws us into the Apocalypse!!!
    Stock pile all the poultry and hamburgers as a backup plan. ;)

tedbower

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    mooresville
    Maybe congress needs to give popeyes some stimulus money so they dont have to inconvenance these poor people.Dont these dumb asses know how to cook?

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I worked as a manager for BK when I was 21. I had a death threat called into the 800 number on me because I was not giving out handfuls of the DISNEY game cards. Following the rules trying to make sure we had enough for everyone and of course the minute I turn my back my SPODA cashier is handi out handfuls to her under privelaged oppressed racial kin. The dude that called the 800 number was a white construction worker who felt he should get a handful since the cashier had just hooked up all of her people. I had apoligized to the man and informed him I would be dealing with my employee about this. Nope not good enough. Funny thing when I got the call from corp. About this guy planning to bash my head in with a hammer I laughed and confused the 800 girl because I said. "Never bring a hammer to a gun fight" under my breath. Nothing came of it but about a month later I changed jobs because sooner or later I was going to end up having to go to jail for illegaly concealment or defending myself. My store was @ 8 blocks or so from the big armpit Cabrini Greens in lovely Shitecago. Just not worth $18k year. Went to west suburbs and was fired for telling an employee I would fire him if he called off to go to the beach.lol Said I was Too Agressive. I guess they were right.lol
    Okay sorry for thread jacking. Just wanted to let ya know this goofiness was going on in the 90's as well.
    We had to park reefer trailers in our lots when we had 99 cent chickens there to keep from running out. Imagine now!

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country

I think offering a free meal, or a 50% discount on their next visit would help mitigate the problem. Hell, even a free drink & fries or something for just showing up would have been better than whatever moron, idiot, incompetent manager put on a RECORDED MESSAGE with a little note!!!

I think everyone in that video clip felt entitled to something they didn't deserve and would expect some sort of handout or retribution. Look, it's a BUSINESSS! Vote with your fiat debt notes.
    If they do not want to eat there, then MOVE ON.
    It is hilarious that people demand Ruth's Chris service at a budget fast-food joint.

People are mad because the business cannot keep up?
    Maybe they should have phoned ahead.
    Maybe they should plan ahead and learn how to cook for themselves (yes, it is not pronounced they-self).
    Some people just like to be angry and drive all over God's green earth in a pimped out SUV burning gas just to save $2.
    I think it even funnier that this was deemed 'news worthy' by that TV station.

Besides, genetic engineering of chickens makes them unhealthy choices.
    They are also injected with growth hormones to the point they become human sized.
    This is how bird flu spreads (see pic)....
    chicken_baby_large.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom