• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've seen a couple of "wrong" ads from Glock lately. Wrong girl, and wrong diner.

Great ads.

Don't know about the one you posted. I don't do Facebook.

gunner69

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Anderson
    I seen this the other day, but didn't mind watching it again :D Here's the youtube for those without facebook
    [ame]http://youtu.be/BQHWTfFV3Vc[/ame]

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I like the idea of the ad but, honestly, if he chose to bust through the door instead of knocking first there is no way she would have made it to that firearm before he got to her... If she did, I would consider her EXTREMELY lucky.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I like the idea of the ad but, honestly, if he chose to bust through the door instead of knocking first there is no way she would have made it to that firearm before he got to her... If she did, I would consider her EXTREMELY lucky.

You got a point there.... that is why you need a dog to go along with that gun.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    If you look at the TV she's watching it's a scene from "somebody picked the wrong diner" commercial.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That strikes me as a very powerful commerical. A little naive. But if you're in the business of selling guns.....

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Interesting

Even if you are in the business of making/selling guns, you have to have a certain level of PC in today's environment. There are several factions. One will be appalled she didn't call 911 and become a victim, one which will be happy she had the gun locked up, and one which wonders why she didn't plug that chump. Just a matter of who's on your fantasy team. :D

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

Screen doors are good for more than just keeping the weather out. A good locking screen door (with window as opposed to screen) creates one more barrier between the bad guy and the residents. True, a screen door may not be difficult to force open, but it's sure going to make a lot of noise in the process and hopefully alert the residents that something bad is in progress, hopefully allowing a few more seconds to be prepared.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Even if you are in the business of making/selling guns, you have to have a certain level of PC in today's environment. There are several factions. One will be appalled she didn't call 911 and become a victim, one which will be happy she had the gun locked up, and one which wonders why she didn't plug that chump. Just a matter of who's on your fantasy team. :D

Annnnnnd then you have guys like me. I think she should have called 911, I think the pistol should have been locked up unless it was where it belonged, on her hip! Further, I don't think she should have been standing there like a great big range target, and after a recent discussion on here, I question the wisdom of her going and getting the gun, then standing there, waiting for him to come in. Not shooting him... well, that one's debatable. He did collapse pretty quickly and I'm not in a position to say how likely that is.

Am I overanalyzing? Possibly. Is it weird that I noticed she had such great trigger discipline that she didn't have her finger on the da*n thing when her sights were on the target? Yeah, probably. The bottom line is that this is intended to sell guns, and it probably will do a great job of that

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Annnnnnd then you have guys like me. I think she should have called 911, I think the pistol should have been locked up unless it was where it belonged, on her hip! Further, I don't think she should have been standing there like a great big range target, and after a recent discussion on here, I question the wisdom of her going and getting the gun, then standing there, waiting for him to come in. Not shooting him... well, that one's debatable. He did collapse pretty quickly and I'm not in a position to say how likely that is.

Am I overanalyzing? Possibly. Is it weird that I noticed she had such great trigger discipline that she didn't have her finger on the da*n thing when her sights were on the target? Yeah, probably. The bottom line is that this is intended to sell guns, and it probably will do a great job of that

Blessings,
    Bill

She had it in a quick open safe under her bed...I had to call 911 a few weeks ago my dog went nuts braking and would not let me out the back door...took almost 15 minutes for the sheriff to get here. There had been someone in my shed. Me someone break in my door I think I would shoot, but thank god never had to worry about it.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Perhaps she didn't make all of the same decisions that we would and perhaps it's a little cheesy, but if it holds some appeal for "those other people" who have never thought about defending themselves them we may just have a few converts...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The commercial made it's point pretty well. Sure, we can all spot some things that were wrong like:

- Hey, maybe consider a deadbolt?
    - Hollow-core doors are not #1 in security.
    - Maybe throw some pants and shoes on if you think the situation is serious enough for a gun (but I applaud the director's artistic choice not to)

...but hey, it's a Glock commercial, not a self-defense how-to.

Top Bottom