• ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Every year there are fewer Colt's in this condition. Guess this kind of answers the question on keeping the original boxes.
    It used to drive me nuts to see SP 1 Colts pulled apart for the pre-ban lowers.
    Then it was pointed out to me that it only made complete rifles worth more.
    Somebody somewhere needs this to fill a hole in his Colt Lawman-Trooper frame collection.
    And 6 days to go.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Like many things in this world, the only people who spend $30k on a revolver are people who think they can sell it for $40k in a few years.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    If I fell into a jackpot of millions, I still wouldn't buy guns to sit in a box. I might buy used rare collectible guns but only so I can own and shoot things like Dirty Harry's 44. I'd probably buy every service gun from every US war, so long as they're still shoot-able.

mmmmmmmmmmmm..... Browning M2 and MG42s......

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    never heard of a boa. I would not spend $30k on it. If I had the coin to buy a pistol like that, I would load her up and blast away. My brother has some S&W revolvers that he will not shoot, Then asks me how mine shoot and I say great. How does yours?

I buy guns to shoot as they were made to shoot. I don't sell them, so why keep pristine?

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Nope. Not even if I could afford it, which I definitely can't. While I can appreciate an attractive handgun design, and the Boa/Python certainly are that, I buy guns to shoot, not to look at. Something like that exists just to take up room that I don't have in my safe, and I'd be constantly worried that it would get damaged/stolen/destroyed in a fire, etc. Not appealing to me in the least.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I would block Rparker5586, he has a C rating and 2 feedback.
    He would be the type of guy to really run it up and back out.
    That would give other bidders time to "cool" off and rethink their bidding.

I have heard of the Boa but have never seen one in the "wild"

Trees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2016
    The sticks
    My philosophy is quality over quantity. Higher end guns are great investments. You can have guns that you go out and shoot the hell out of them but also have some that never see a bullet. Everyone has their own way to look at it, but that BOA would be a great addition to a lot of Colt collections out there.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Nahh, not me. I have the revolvers I want already, though I wouldn't mind having my old Ruger GP100 MC in 357 back. With the change from replacing it I'd buy a decent Jeep TJ with a manual transmission and sort it out to my liking.

And being a Jeep, Just Empty Every Pocket, right?!? I'd probably be $$ ahead getting the $30K revolver.

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Even if I had remotely anywhere close to that kind of money, I wouldn't. It's beautiful for sure, but not worth that just to look at. :twocents:

Top Bottom