• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I've bought and sold on armslist MANY times. Never had any bad experiences. I've met some nice people and usually "shoot the ****" about guns for a bit. But obviously there are bad people out there too, just don't be an idiot.

1). Always meet in a public place
    2). I would NEVER give ANY of my info to a stranger (I'm not showing INDL, LTCH, or signing a bill of sale). That's freaking STUPID. Now some stranger has your info and can now rob you knowing you likely have some valuable guns in your place of residence.
    3). All you need to ask/be asked is a) are you an indiana resident and b) is it legal for you to purchase a firearm. That's IT. Anyone wanting more than that is anti-2nd amendment in my opinion.

MattyLite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I have made several purchases off armslist and have been extremely happy. I think the most important thing to remember is to use a little common sense. There seems to be some varying opinions on bill of sale, showing LTCH, etc. At the end of the day, everyone has their own opinion and if one party is not willing to agree to the others terms of sale then move on.

If you are planning on purchasing out of state please remember to do your homework and stay legal.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Anyone requiring paperwork, bill of sale, etc... Is indirectly supporting the increased background check bill that was just terminated.

It's a business transaction. Money for a commodity. Not a drug deal, and you don't need to file paperwork (unless you're buying from an ffl).

Ask the questions I had listed in my previous post. If the answer is yes to both, proceed. Anything else, and you're just judging a person you don't know. Essentially, you may as well say "I don't sell to black people because they look shady to me." Because that's what you're essentially doing. You're being prejudice against someone on your first impression.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I've sold a Saiga 308 converted on Armslist to a rancher down on the Arizona/Mexico border a couple of years back. Had no problem. I shipped it through my FFL dealer to his FFL dealer after I received the payment.

Guess he had a "coyote" problem.

jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    its ok

its ok
    I would check the time zone the person is in i had a guy who was an hour ahead once and i didnt realize. I would also be aware that many are full of it and do not show up. so be careful making a long drive. also be aware of the gun you are getting. barrel markings and the like on a rifle i found out the hard way but i was ok
    Be in public during the day

JCAJR30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Union County
    I've had multiple positive experiences on armslist - I think the prominent take-away from this conversation is that you should always complete the transaction in a public place and know in advance what the terms are - bill of sale, show ID, whatever discriminating factor you all agree on in advance. Personally I see no harm in showing my LTCH, just showing though - no transfer of information required - the fact that I have one is proof that I am eligible to purchase, own, carry, etc...

zky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Another question is why are the folks in Indiana that are selling on armslist not just joining INGO instead? Maybe INGO moderators should try to get them signed up....

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    LTCH is not needed to purchase a handgun. Lots of legal people out there that don't have LTCH, but can and do own handguns legally.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    I've made several transactions on Armslist, and had no serious issues. The difference between it and INGO to me....more people flake out on Armslist. Do you due diligence as a buyer/seller, and there are deals to be had :popcorn:

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have bought, sold, and traded at least 50 times on Armslist. Mostly guns, and gun accessories, a few knives, holsters, ammo, scopes, etc. Most transactions went well, but I will not travel very far, because I know there are a lot of no shows and scammers that use Armslist. I like to e-mail and phone conversation at least a couple, three times to make sure we are on the same page and neither of us will be disappointed.

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    Armslist can be good and bad. I have bought and sold on it , just be patient as you will get a ton of low ball offers.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    If you have patience Armslist can be ok. Just expect a lot of BS offers due to the public nature of the place. There are a lot of people who like to play mind games that have easy access to the site.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    Heh. I have used it to sell, but people here say "Oh, there are tons of lowballers."

However, most of the prices on armslist are high to very high.

I have been hunting for a specific Sig and finding it used on there for 750 to 800. I just ordered the same gun new for 630... which also means I get the lifetime warranty.

In any case, all of my transactions were pretty decent, maybe with the exception of this guy who insisted on ripping open all of the factory sealed ammo boxes I was selling to him so he could "Make sure they weren't full of rocks" or something or another. He also seemed to have personal boundary problems as well, but he did pay for it all of the stuff in the end.

There are special people all over.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    The key to buying anything is doing your research. There are those on Armlist as well as here that jack up their asking price hoping to land a fish. Patience and research will in the end reward you with what you are looking for at a fare price.

Top Bottom