• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    Any experience? It's different then buying within the forum. You dont really know if the gun are stolen or have problem. No paper work. Decent price, but its kinda like ebay in away. Just curious to see what your experience with it, if you use it.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I have purchased a couple of guns on ArmsList. I would recommend being cautious when you talk to sellers and go with your gut as to whether or not the deal is legitimate. If they seem deceptive or vague in any way you should move on immediately.

I have made the decision to never sell anything on ArmsList. You get main low ball offers from people who are pretty shifty.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    gunbroker, gunauction and guns america are more like ebay - with positive and negative seller / buyer feedback etc, armslist - the craigslist for guns buy or sell anything on craigslist - a few descent buyers and seller among a cesspool of bottom feeders. Because it is free to list, you get everything, good and bad, but usually the deals are pretty good, if you can weed through the BS. Always be extra careful and never trust anyone........... good luck

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    do @ least this

Selling A Gun Privately In Indiana?? What Do I Need? - Yahoo! Answers
    Nothing is required in Indiana, however you should be aware that:

IC 35-47-2-7 would prohibit the handgun transaction to a person under 18 years of age or to someone whom you have reasonable cause to believe has been:

- convicted of a felony; or
    - adjudicated a delinquent child for an act that would be a felony if committed by an adult, if the person seeking to obtain ownership or possession of the handgun is less than twenty-three (23) years of age;
    - is a drug abuser;
    - is an alcohol abuser; or
    - is mentally incompetent.

You don't have to do any check but it is very common to at least verify that the receiving party is age 18+ and an Indiana resident just to legally cover yourself.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have purchased a couple of guns on ArmsList. I would recommend being cautious when you talk to sellers and go with your gut as to whether or not the deal is legitimate. If they seem deceptive or vague in any way you should move on immediately.

I have made the decision to never sell anything on ArmsList. You get main low ball offers from people who are pretty shifty.

?? I get way more low ball offers on here then I ever had on Armslist.

whispers76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    I don't sell guns, ever... I have never had one I considered extra. But I have bought from armslist. It's just a classified ad site. I have never had an issue.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Armslist. Yes, I have both bought and sold via their site several times. The main thing about the site, which makes it the safest form of buying a gun online of all, is that you do so FTF. Indiana's laws for FTF transactions are very common-sense and inobtrusive. You, however, need to have the ability to properly evaluate your potential buyer/seller without someone holding your hand. If that's not something you feel comfortable doing, I'd suggest avoiding the site.

chadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I wouldn't have a problem if the seller was close. I wouldn't want to travel a long way to find out the item wasn't as advertised. I would not want to buy any gun outright with nothing to fall back on if the seller was dishonest. With GB or GA and others they can act to resolve conflicts. Not so with others.

Like others said, be careful and don't send your money based on hope and good faith alone.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    If you are afraid to buy, don't. If you are afraid to sell, don't!
    Leaves more for me to check out!

Truth is...even at a gun show, from a "private collection" all you know is that the person selling could afford a table to sell from. You know nothing about where the weapon came from or about the person selling it.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I haven't had a problem with it on the selling side. My first armslist buying experience was a few weeks ago when I went with a friend who bought a Glock 22 off of a guy in Lafayette. We talked to the guy for a while and turns out he is a registered INGO member but doesn't get on here much. Just trust your gut and use common sense.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have always had a good experience on armslist. I can't recall if I have ever bought from it, but I have sold 10 to 15 itmes on there. Most of the people I have met are also on here.

Top Bottom