• Would I go to jail?

• Total voters

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    Spank his butt, be consistent in your efforts and not inconsistent nor childish in your own life.
    Gain his respect by punishing A N D loving him.

Sounds like you need to grow up yourself if your own child makes you mad enough to taze him. He is out of control b/c you let it happen and were not a consistent enough individual in his A N D your own life to be a role model.

Grow up buddy, don't let the kid in up a ward of the state. It won't be his fault, it'll be yours.

Yea you missed my point I have three girls and so far I have done a fine job raising them and they are turning out just fine thanks.

I guess when I made the posting I assumed alot more people had heard the news story or would pick up on it after reading the thread. Sorry for the confusion.

My point is this Parents are not aloud to use this type of force on a child even if he or she is throwing a tantrum and banging their head, kicking, screaming, or biting whatever... parents just can't get away with it. So why should the Police?

It's called fascism boys and girls. It is accelerating at a rapid rate. It wont be long before they start tazing our children for talking back or breaking school rules are you ok with that? You wont believe that statement I know but just remember this, they starting tazing 16 - 17 year olds first and people said yea but they are almost adults and have adult bodies. I said what are you gonna do when they start tazing little children and everyone told me that would never happen. Then the age got younger and we get more conditioned to it. Younger and younger and the next step is they will use it more often for lesser offences are you ok with that?

I know I know it wont happen but it is happening right now lets just see where 5 more years takes us.

#12 on the 14 defining characteristics of fascism...

12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment - Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws. The people are often willing to overlook police abuses and even forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism. There is often a national police force with virtually unlimited power in fascist nations.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Internet_argument.jpg

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Yea you missed my point I have three girls and so far I have done a fine job raising them and they are turning out just fine thanks.

I guess when I made the posting I assumed alot more people had heard the news story or would pick up on it after reading the thread. Sorry for the confusion.

My point is this Parents are not aloud to use this type of force on a child even if he or she is throwing a tantrum and banging their head, kicking, screaming, or biting whatever... parents just can't get away with it. So why should the Police?

It's called fascism boys and girls. It is accelerating at a rapid rate. It wont be long before they start tazing our children for talking back or breaking school rules are you ok with that? You wont believe that statement I know but just remember this, they starting tazing 16 - 17 year olds first and people said yea but they are almost adults and have adult bodies. I said what are you gonna do when they start tazing little children and everyone told me that would never happen. Then the age got younger and we get more conditioned to it. Younger and younger and the next step is they will use it more often for lesser offences are you ok with that?

I know I know it wont happen but it is happening right now lets just see where 5 more years takes us.

#12 on the 14 defining characteristics of fascism...

12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment - Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws. The people are often willing to overlook police abuses and even forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism. There is often a national police force with virtually unlimited power in fascist nations.

Oh come on. Teens are not like they used to be. When 99% of my burglars are 14-17yrs old...they get treated like adults. They are luck to not get dead when caught breaking into a house. Many of my car thieves are young juveniles who are too young to get drivers licenses. How about the 8yr old I was called to school on...he was trying to throw himself off a second story balcony to kill himself. He was truly trying and took several teachers to hold him in a room until I showed up. This was his second or third attempt. Messed up parents are producing even more messed up kids that I deal with every day. They have no sense of mortality or any self control. Again, I was not in Martinsville at the time of this tasing so I cannot say if it was proper or not...I WILL NOT TAKE THE MEDIA"S ACCOUNT AT FACE VALUE. Parents expect me to fix in 5 minutes what it took them 10-15yrs to mess up. If parents would raise their kids, we would need to be called in the first place. I remember dealing with an 8 yr old girl that refused to go to school. WOW, that was one of the most emotionally disturbed kids I have EVER seen. She was a kicker, spitter, puncher, biter, and stabber with anything she could grab that was sharp. She was VERY smart but I could see in her eyes that she was capable of very evil things. We will see her on the news one day. I wished I lived in the world where kids were kids and NEVER did anything that rose to the level that required police intervention...I took my rose colored glasses off years ago. Maybe it is hard to know if it is not in your face every day :dunno:.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

I have been around a few group homes of austic kids and frankly they scare me.

Cathy has a knack for dealing with autistic and bi-polar kids, and as a result has often found them put into her class. More than a few chairs have come at her head. And these are from 5-6 year olds. When they go off, they GO OFF. I just asked her, and she said the autistic ones tended to just hit, the bi-polar ones tossed chairs and anything else they could get their little hands on. Scary from a little kid, it only gets worse as they get bigger!

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    People who blame an autistic child for their bad behavior are ****ING IDIOTS. I have a 13yr old niece who is a high functioning autistic child and when she gets out of control it is not her fault, never. I don't know what I would do if some limp dick cop tazed her but I am sure it would end in someone not going home to their family.
    If this little guy is special needs, no matter what level that makes it even worse.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    When you call on the village to "help" raise your kids the village might taze them.
    That is what happened.
    The village saw an unruly individual:xmad: and used their VILLAGE APPROVED continuum of force to subdue the individual.:nono:
    Age, apparently, is not an issue with the tazer. Only weight and the individual met the parameters.

ZAP:draw:

Individual is no longer unruly.:rockwoot:

As far as would a parent go to jail. In the exact same instance I would hope not. But in reality they would probably take a ride and probably lose custody of the kid until a 3-4 month investigation by the authorities was completed.

Which is more "traumatic" the good old fashion spanking/belt/switch or a quick zap?

No one went to the ER/Hospital with sprained/broken bones or joints. (anybody ever get hurt just playing around or goofing off?)

I would like to know has the kid acted up since then? Is he easier to deal with?:dunno:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    People who blame an autistic child for their bad behavior are ****ING IDIOTS. I have a 13yr old niece who is a high functioning autistic child and when she gets out of control it is not her fault, never. I don't know what I would do if some limp dick cop tazed her but I am sure it would end in someone not going home to their family.
    If this little guy is special needs, no matter what level that makes it even worse.
    I'm not being a smart-ass...but tell her mom and dad not to call the police to intervene and it won't ever be a problem. It's a family matter and should be handled...by family.

If parents can't handle their kids...don't expect others to do it for you.

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    I'm not being a smart-ass...but tell her mom and dad not to call the police to intervene and it won't ever be a problem. It's a family matter and should be handled...by family.

If parents can't handle their kids...don't expect others to do it for you.

No the parents did not call the police sorry.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

I agree, the police have neither the skill or training to deal with a special needs child. It takes patience, persistence and respect, something that seems to be lacking in current leo training.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Now I see why some of you are arguing this you have no clue on what happened or the situation. I am done.

And you have no interest in what really happened, or what the situation really was. You merely hope to use the situation for propaganda value for your agenda.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I agree, the police have neither the skill or training to deal with a special needs child. It takes patience, persistence and respect, something that seems to be lacking in current leo training.
    Oh...I don't think those 3 things are necessarily lacking. It's just that parenting is neither the job or the responsibility of the police.

Call the police when you have a real emergency. Not when your kid won't behave.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Oh...I don't think those 3 things are necessarily lacking. It's just that parenting is neither the job or the responsibility of the police.

Call the police when you have a real emergency. Not when your kid won't behave.

You do understand that when it comes to an autistic child the parents have nothing to do with the behavior don't you? Did you shake your baby to death for crying? no, it's what they do, they can't help it. When you are in your car and see someone having a seizure in the middle of the road do you taze or spray or shoot them or do you try and help them? It is the same with an autistic child, it is a disease for which there is no cure.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    You do understand that when it comes to an autistic child the parents have nothing to do with the behavior don't you? Did you shake your baby to death for crying? no, it's what they do, they can't help it. When you are in your car and see someone having a seizure in the middle of the road do you taze or spray or shoot them or do you try and help them? It is the same with an autistic child, it is a disease for which there is no cure.
    I personally would call an ambulance...after I pull them out of the middle of the road. During which time they would probably break a nail and then sue me because of it.

Again...even an autistic child isn't a police matter. Call a social worker. That's more their area of expertise.

If this kid responded to the taser (which by all accounts he did) he wasn't autistic. There's a difference between being autistic and being an uncontrollable heathen. But again...I wasn't there.

If the parents had put a boot in his ass at a younger age...perhaps they wouldn't have these kinds of issues. (Again...I'm not referring to autism).

This is why these kids behave the way they do. People make a hobby out of making excuses for them.

Last edited:

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I personally would call an ambulance...after I pull them out of the middle of the road.

Again...even an autistic child isn't a police matter. Call a social worker. That's more their area of expertise.

If this kid responded to the taser (which by all accounts he did) he wasn't autistic. There's a difference between being autistic and being an uncontrollable heathen. But again...I wasn't there.

If the parents had put a boot in his ass at a younger age...perhaps they wouldn't have these kinds of issues. (Again...I'm not referring to autism).

This is why these kids behave the way they do. People make a hobby out of making excuses for them.

The autistic boy who was tased by our local heroes here in carmel responded just like anyone else. Autisim is a electro-chemical imbalance( among other thing that are way above my pay grade to understand). If the kid is just a brat he still didn't need to be tased and slapped in the face. You would hope that 2 grown police officers could control him enough to cuff him and throw his ass in the squad car. I understand that kids today are a group of spoiled, smart asses without any respect for anyone but if you are scared of a 10yr old I hope you're never in any real danger during your career.

Top Bottom