• Would I go to jail?

• Total voters

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    So if I have a 10 year old child (which I do) and this child got unruly and I can't deal with it and slap the child which doesn't work so I follow up with a stun gun knocking the child silly with however many thousands of volts and it was made public would I go to jail?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If you live in Martinsville and on the police department, then no. If you live anywhere else, you may possibly go to jail.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I think if you have to ask that question, you already know the answer.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Are you a Martinsville cop? If you are you will not go to jail, others I don't know.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    i dono...is it against the law to resist a parent?

IC 35-44-3-3
    Resisting law enforcement; mandatory sentence
    Sec. 3. (a) A person who knowingly or intentionally:
    (1) forcibly resists, obstructs, or interferes with a law enforcement officer or a person assisting the officer while the officer is lawfully engaged in the execution of the officer's duties;
    (2) forcibly resists, obstructs, or interferes with the authorized service or execution of a civil or criminal process or order of a court; or
    (3) flees from a law enforcement officer after the officer has, by visible or audible means, including operation of the law enforcement officer's siren or emergency lights, identified himself or herself and ordered the person to stop;
    commits resisting law enforcement, a Class A misdemeanor, except as provided in subsection (b).
    (b) The offense under subsection (a) is a:
    (1) Class D felony if:
    (A) the offense is described in subsection (a)(3) and the
    person uses a vehicle to commit the offense; or
    (B) while committing any offense described in subsection (a), the person draws or uses a deadly weapon, inflicts bodily injury on or otherwise causes bodily injury to another person, or operates a vehicle in a manner that creates a substantial risk of bodily injury to another person;
    (2) Class C felony if, while committing any offense described in subsection (a), the person operates a vehicle in a manner that causes serious bodily injury to another person; and
    (3) Class B felony if, while committing any offense described in subsection (a), the person operates a vehicle in a manner that causes the death of another person.
    (c) For purposes of this section, a law enforcement officer includes an enforcement officer of the alcohol and tobacco commission and a conservation officer of the department of natural resources.
    (d) If a person uses a vehicle to commit a felony offense under subsection (b)(1)(B), (b)(2), or (b)(3), as part of the criminal penalty imposed for the offense, the court shall impose a minimum executed sentence of at least:
    (1) thirty (30) days, if the person does not have a prior unrelated conviction under this section;
    (2) one hundred eighty (180) days, if the person has one (1) prior unrelated conviction under this section; or
    (3) one (1) year, if the person has two (2) or more prior unrelated convictions under this section.
    (e) Notwithstanding IC 35-50-2-2 and IC 35-50-3-1, the mandatory minimum sentence imposed under subsection (d) may not be suspended.
    As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.4. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.61; Acts 1979, P.L.83, SEC.11; P.L.188-1984, SEC.1; P.L.325-1987, SEC.1; P.L.248-1993, SEC.1; P.L.13-1998, SEC.1; P.L.143-2006, SEC.2.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm pretty sure you could go to jail for handcuffing your kid but I can.

IC 35-42-3-3
    Criminal confinement
    (1) confines another person without the other person's consent; or
    (2) removes another person, by fraud, enticement, force, or threat of force, from one (1) place to another;
    commits criminal confinement. Except as provided in subsection (b), the offense of criminal confinement is a Class D felony.
    (b) The offense of criminal confinement defined in subsection (a) is:
    (1) a Class C felony if:
    (A) the person confined or removed is less than fourteen (14) years of age and is not the confining or removing person's child;
    (B) it is committed by using a vehicle; or
    (C) it results in bodily injury to a person other than the confining or removing person; and (2) a Class B felony if it:
    (A) is committed while armed with a deadly weapon;
    (B) results in serious bodily injury to a person other than the confining or removing person; or
    (C) is committed on an aircraft.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If your kids don't cower in a corner when they see you your not being a good father.

hahaha

Beat.jpg

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown

IC 35-44-3-3
    (1) forcibly resists, obstructs, or interferes with a law enforcement officer or a person assisting the officer while the officer is lawfully engaged in the execution of the officer's duties;
    (2) forcibly resists, obstructs, or interferes with the authorized service or execution of a civil or criminal process or order of a court; or
    (3) flees from a law enforcement officer after the officer has, by visible or audible means, including operation of the law enforcement officer's siren or emergency lights, identified himself or herself and ordered the person to stop;
    commits resisting law enforcement, a Class A misdemeanor, except as provided in subsection (b).
    (1) Class D felony if:
    (B) while committing any offense described in subsection (a), the person draws or uses a deadly weapon, inflicts bodily injury on or otherwise causes bodily injury to another person, or operates a vehicle in a manner that creates a substantial risk of bodily injury to another person;
    (2) Class C felony if, while committing any offense described in subsection (a), the person operates a vehicle in a manner that causes serious bodily injury to another person; and
    (3) Class B felony if, while committing any offense described in subsection (a), the person operates a vehicle in a manner that causes the death of another person.
    (c) For purposes of this section, a law enforcement officer includes an enforcement officer of the alcohol and tobacco commission and a conservation officer of the department of natural resources.
    (d) If a person uses a vehicle to commit a felony offense under subsection (b)(1)(B), (b)(2), or (b)(3), as part of the criminal penalty imposed for the offense, the court shall impose a minimum executed sentence of at least:
    (1) thirty (30) days, if the person does not have a prior unrelated conviction under this section;
    (2) one hundred eighty (180) days, if the person has one (1) prior unrelated conviction under this section; or
    (3) one (1) year, if the person has two (2) or more prior unrelated convictions under this section.
    (e) Notwithstanding IC 35-50-2-2 and IC 35-50-3-1, the mandatory minimum sentence imposed under subsection (d) may not be suspended.
    As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.4. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.61; Acts 1979, P.L.83, SEC.11; P.L.188-1984, SEC.1; P.L.325-1987, SEC.1; P.L.248-1993, SEC.1; P.L.13-1998, SEC.1; P.L.143-2006, SEC.2.

:ugh:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Althouh i think the OP is rediculous.
    What does this have to do with the OP ?:dunno:
    Hes talking about Tazing his 10yr old child ?
    Not resisting law enforcement:dunno:? What am i missing???

IC 35-44-3-3
    (1) Class D felony if:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    What am i missing???

It took me a minute too, but I think the OP is referring to a recent case in which an officer tazed a 10-year-old. However, the OP's question does make it sound like the child is YOUR child, versus just A child.

In my mind, there is a huge difference between "Can a parent rightfully taze their child" and "Can a police officer rightly taze a child".

Last edited:

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    If you live in Martintucky, don't risk going to the graybar hotel.
    Just call the Morgan Co. PD and they will come to your house and gladly do it for you. ;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom