Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

indiana22native

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2023
    Fishers
    That's what you and your doctors are for.

.gov is a worthless heap of ****.

But hey, if that's who you want to entrust your life with they will certainly jump!
    Ok so you and dagny think just get rid of everyone and oversee yourself. Well at least you’ll both be toting guns

dagny99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Oh even worse, now you want to nix doctors?
    Well at least we won’t suffer the risk of getting exposed to some accidental gender reassignment surgery. And I’ve heard hospitals are the number one place of accidental deaths so….
    On top of that, there’s an opioid epidemic so I would rather be able to bear arms when having to be around illegal drug seekers.

dagny99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Where are you getting that information??? Miss number person. You keep talking about numbers. Where are you getting information that doctors are now esg trained.

Just some highlights:

Forty-four percent of medical schools have tenure and promotion policies that reward scholarship on "diversity, inclusion, and equity." Seventy percent make students take a course on "diversity, inclusion, or cultural competence." And 79 percent require that all hiring committees receive "unconscious bias" training or include "equity advisors"—people whose job it is to ensure diversity among the faculty

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    A lot depends on your job. I pay $25 per office visit, $0 for hospital and surgeries, and $6 for prescriptions. $0 out of my paycheck.
    Agreed, I have really good insurance (used to be even better before the concerns about taxing "Cadillac" plans and ever increasing health care costs) but we still very good. Largely because I have highly prioritized benefits each time I've gone to a new job, as I'm the one with the paycheck and carry the benefits, etc. I'm not in any way looking forward to having to deal with Medicare at any point down the road.

The worst part of our system is the huge amount of overhead costs, and legal costs embedded into both sides of the health care system. These aspects greatly increase the cost of Healthcare. We should not have to depend on health insurance for regular standard care, but should be to avoid catastrophic loss, but that's not the way it is due to the crazy cost of most any healthcare procedure.

Also the lack of portability and insurance being largely relegated to being an employment benefit is also not the best scenario. It does tend to impede folks moving in the labor market as easily, but is also a competitive edge for companies that do offer good benefits.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That’s awesome! I’m personally not looking forward to Medicaid. I’ll never be able to afford to retire
    Medicaid is generally for low income folks without other health coverage. Medicare on the other hand is the health care plan for folks 65 and over. Assuming you know this but just clarifying since this is a main part of the discussion.

indiana22native

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2023
    Fishers
    I'd watched this a few weeks ago. If you have 8 minutes, it's a decent explanation about some of what happened to the medical system.

Awesome video. I wish doctors still came to your house at “an amount you can afford” who is this guy? Will have to check out his other stuff

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    but in Europe they have no copays. Zero.

But not for every procedure. And even then, you may have to wait months to be seen.

When I was in high school, we had a German exchange student living with us. One day, he sliced his arm open. I took one look and knew it needed stitches so I drove him to the ER. He got signed in, and then had to wait, bleeding all over the floor for a half hour. They finally took him back and stitched him up and he was out in about 20 more minutes.

We got to my car, and he was amazed at the hospital. He said in Germany, he would have been waiting for 8-10 hours to get seen.

I know a girl in Sweden who needs some emergency treatment for some of her girl parts, and her appointment with the surgeon is in 8 months!

Yeah, it's "free," paid by their exorbitant taxes, but there's no sense of urgency to handle patients.

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    The system is all about $$$.
    Most doctors have some incentives with a Pharmaceutical company to push/use some drug. I remember a few years back someone at where I used to work and I were talking about seeing our doctors at lunch on day and we both realized that we both were told we needed exact same drugs. Other than being males nothing else was the same nor was the reasons we were in the doctor's offices.
    There is also the thing that a lot of time we do not get a cause and cure but just a drug to mask the pain.
    Why is a naturalist not covered by insurance so if you try an use one of them as not to have to do meds it is on your dime.
    Then there is the fact that your rehab is not done when you are better it is done when your insurance runs out and instead to having a therapist and machines you are giving stupid rubber bands and told to do it at home on your own.

Hell it takes months just to see a doctor now and having a .gov health system is not the answer as what goes on now would be 1000 times worse.

indiana22native

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2023
    Fishers
    But not for every procedure. And even then, you may have to wait months to be seen.

When I was in high school, we had a German exchange student living with us. One day, he sliced his arm open. I took one look and knew it needed stitches so I drove him to the ER. He got signed in, and then had to wait, bleeding all over the floor for a half hour. They finally took him back and stitched him up and he was out in about 20 more minutes.

We got to my car, and he was amazed at the hospital. He said in Germany, he would have been waiting for 8-10 hours to get seen.

I know a girl in Sweden who needs some emergency treatment for some of her girl parts, and her appointment with the surgeon is in 8 months!

Yeah, it's "free," paid by their exorbitant taxes, but there's no sense of urgency to handle patients.
    Yeah the wait time issue is a good point. And in smaller European countries I can see that being a problem with not a lot of options

Top Bottom