• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I said trimmings, not bone fragments. By trimmings I meant meat scraped from the skull (cheeks, eye sockets).
    If intrigued means you plan to eat it, then I hope you enjoy.
    At our place, cheeks never made it past being boiled. Most best'ist piece of meat on a hog.
    For a German Kid, If you find a snout in the caldron, it gets you a better prize than finding the Green Pickle Ornament on the Christmas Tree. :whistle:

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Went out to eat at a place in Madison after Dad's funeral and got some kind of sandwich which was made with country ham... Was pretty hungry and took a big bite and basicly had an experience like I bit into a steaming hot hog farm, ammonia fumes and all.

I complained. I was assured it was fresh, quality ham by the idiot waiter.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I have a pretty strong stomach, and will try just about anything once. I can't think of anything that would never touch my lips even if it meant me starving to death... with one exception. Cottage cheese. I would rather eat week old sushi off a gas station bathroom floor than ever touch cottage cheese. I can't be in the room when my wife eats that wretched pile of poo.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have a pretty strong stomach, and will try just about anything once. I can't think of anything that would never touch my lips even if it meant me starving to death... with one exception. Cottage cheese. I would rather eat week old sushi off a gas station bathroom floor than ever touch cottage cheese. I can't be in the room when my wife eats that wretched pile of poo.

Cottage cheese (large curd) with canned pears or pineapple. :drool:

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    Liver. My dad and grandma liked it. Even tried fooling us kids by saying it was steak and gravy. I smelled right through that as soon as I walked into grandmas house.

I will eat sardines and herring that my dad liked, but no pickled pigs feet

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    At our place, cheeks never made it past being boiled. Most best'ist piece of meat on a hog.
    For a German Kid, If you find a snout in the caldron, it gets you a better prize than finding the Green Pickle Ornament on the Christmas Tree. :whistle:
    I think I got some cheeks during a hog roast at a festival. It was free. I was one of the last to the carcass because I got stuck working. So I pretty much stood over the table picking meat off the bones by flashlight while my buddy who pit roasted it cleaned up around me. There really werent enough pieces in general to put on a plate. So I just stood there hand to mouth moaning over how good it was.

I'm not sure if it was because I was so hungry, or because it genuinely tasted so good. I've never had a better roast hog.

Last edited:

KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    Beef tongue, my father used to boil them in a big pot on the stove and then slice them up and make sandwiches with them.

Top Bottom