• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Oh yeah. A little chunk of that stuff under the seat of a buddys car on a hot summer day, and you’ve made yourself an enemy that will spend the rest of their days trying to come up with a more devilish prank, or so I’ve heard…

liquefy it and pour down the hood vents...

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I spent loads of my youth with my GFather, three gAunts and three GUncles on our familys farm. All of them still spoke German to each other. I was fed unspeakable things as a child. lol

My mother loves Black Licorice, I send her a pound of real root licorice every few months. If its real its usally printed of the front of the package.
    One of the last packages I ordered was black licorice dipped in choc.
    I can relate. My Grandmother was German and I too was fed the Real German food.
    Souse is a gelatin with trimmings of hog's skull floating in it. The look is disgusting and one bite confirmed that the taste matched the looks. Today this would be considered child abuse.
    Attached recipe if you doubt that anyone would ever create such and call it food.
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/31900/home-made-souse/

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Souse is a gelatin with trimmings of hog's skull floating in it. The look is disgusting and one bite confirmed that the taste matched the looks. Today this would be considered child abuse.
    Attached recipe if you doubt that anyone would ever create such and call it food.
    It was a dairy farm, we butchered on average 6-8 hogs a year. My cousins, brothers and I cubed thousands of lbs of lard in my youth in prep to boil. We also made a few hundred lbs of scrapple and dozens of meatload pans of souse /headcheese.
    While my gfather lived in Asbury Methodist retirement home we would bring him a few souse sammies his sisters made him on Wonderbread. He could smell them when you walked into his room.
    I'll eat scrapple off my familys place and Rappa brand from the east coast, but I really dont do organs other than that.
    Death smells better than a iron caldron full of boiling hog organs.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I used to eat it with my dad after we had a few martinis.
    I walked into the Cowboy Bar in Jackson Hole 35+ years ago looking for my stepfather and his yaa yaa's.
    I asked the bartender if he had seen a half dozen old men in here tonight, he pointed across the room and said, The Manhattan Boys are over there.
    Ever seen Manhattans brought to the table in pitchers?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I didn’t see any hog skull fragments in the ingredients lol tongue is delicious I know your post was meant to gross out but…..!I am intrigued

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I got to try a free sample of the limburger at Rentown once. I am glad I didn't pay for that ****.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I didn’t see any hog skull fragments in the ingredients lol tongue is delicious I know your post was meant to gross out but…..!I am intrigued
    I said trimmings, not bone fragments. By trimmings I meant meat scraped from the skull (cheeks, eye sockets).
    If intrigued means you plan to eat it, then I hope you enjoy.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I said trimmings, not bone fragments. By trimmings I meant meat scraped from the skull (cheeks, eye sockets).
    If intrigued means you plan to eat it, then I hope you enjoy.
    I do see I misread. But the recipe you sent sounds more appetizing than yours lol

Top Bottom